Covid jab ..🤔

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Locked
User avatar
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 79125
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:03 am
Location: God's own county

Re: Covid jab ..🤔

Post by The Subhuman »

Moved mine up to tomorrow after spending 3 hours on the phone today trying to get some answers to key questions plus trying to cancel Sundays ...All to no avail.
"A mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work if it's not open"
User avatar
Smudge3920
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 5203
Joined: Sat Aug 22, 2020 4:08 pm
Location: Canada

Re: Covid jab ..🤔

Post by Smudge3920 »

Finally the day arrived...I could as a 65+ years old book to get my jab... spent 4 hours online to be told ...." We are sorry to announce we have used up the current stocks of vaccine, however we assure you, you will be vaccinated by June, thank you for your patience"... wonderful :lol: I now wonder if if it is June of 2021? :shock:
User avatar
Chilli D
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 8796
Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2018 2:31 pm

Re: Covid jab ..🤔

Post by Chilli D »

faaip wrote: ↑Tue Mar 23, 2021 3:03 pm Moved mine up to tomorrow after spending 3 hours on the phone today trying to get some answers to key questions plus trying to cancel Sundays ...All to no avail.
Got mine tomorrow as well
The flowers of common sense do not grow in everyone's garden
User avatar
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 79125
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:03 am
Location: God's own county

Re: Covid jab ..🤔

Post by The Subhuman »

Chilli D wrote: ↑Tue Mar 23, 2021 3:14 pm Got mine tomorrow as well
I'm yet to establish whether it's safe for Coeliacs, a lot of us (up to a third) have undiagnosed Hypospleenism which of course has a lot to do with the immune system. I will ask for guarantees at the jab site and see what happens from there. I might not be able to have it yet
"A mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work if it's not open"
User avatar
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 20765
Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:10 am

Re: Covid jab ..🤔

Post by whiteswan »

faaip wrote: ↑Tue Mar 23, 2021 3:24 pm I'm yet to establish whether it's safe for Coeliacs, a lot of us (up to a third) have undiagnosed Hypospleenism which of course has a lot to do with the immune system. I will ask for guarantees at the jab site and see what happens from there. I might not be able to have it yet
Let us know how you get on faaip
Velotrax

Re: Covid jab ..🤔

Post by Velotrax »

Chilli D wrote: ↑Tue Mar 23, 2021 3:14 pm Got mine tomorrow as well
Same here mate
Peter in Blackpool
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
Posts: 565
Joined: Mon Dec 30, 2019 8:50 am

Re: Covid jab ..🤔

Post by Peter in Blackpool »

Smudge3920 wrote: ↑Tue Mar 23, 2021 3:10 pm Finally the day arrived...I could as a 65+ years old book to get my jab... spent 4 hours online to be told ...." We are sorry to announce we have used up the current stocks of vaccine, however we assure you, you will be vaccinated by June, thank you for your patience"... wonderful :lol: I now wonder if if it is June of 2021? :shock:
well thats crazy

heard from a friend about booking vaccine locally on line.

went on to website, checked for appointments to find next one was in 10 mins....booked it, went straight there, back home half an hour later with the AZ doing its magic
User avatar
Chilli D
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 8796
Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2018 2:31 pm

Re: Covid jab ..🤔

Post by Chilli D »

Had mine (Astrazeneca) a couple of hours ago. All okay so far but expecting to feel shitty tomorrow
The flowers of common sense do not grow in everyone's garden
Velotrax

Re: Covid jab ..🤔

Post by Velotrax »

I had mine some 12 hours ago the astrazeneca jab, so far I feel fine, just a dull ache in my arm
User avatar
Broad Ford
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
Posts: 966
Joined: Fri Mar 06, 2020 12:17 am
Location: West Yorkshire

Re: Covid jab ..🤔

Post by Broad Ford »

VoiceofaLurker wrote: ↑Mon Mar 22, 2021 9:13 am I'm happy for you to not have the vacine as long as you waive your right to any treatment should you get it.
That's a fair point, but should that include other rights like freedom to assemble peacefully in public and freedom of speech once it returns to those vaccinated?

I had my very first flu vaccination in January, yet developed flu on 5th April. I started sneezing and then came a chest infection, cold sweats, coughing, etc. 7 days later I'm well on the way to recovery with no NHS treatment. The vulnerable ones wouldn't be so lucky and would need care and longer to recover if ever.

Don't view me as insensitive or even callous to the needs of others, but I value my British culture and it's tradition of freedom for all and I will not remain silent as a blanket ban on movement and gatherings is enforced by the state after bungling the initial pandemic response in the early stages. They knew Wuhan flu was on its way and did very little to stop it, hence the crisis, reaction, solution we see 12 months into the new normal!
If you don't know where you are going, every road will get you nowhere.
Mountain
First Team
First Team
Posts: 2285
Joined: Sun Jan 31, 2021 5:20 am

Re: Covid jab ..🤔

Post by Mountain »

VoiceofaLurker wrote: ↑Mon Mar 22, 2021 4:31 pm If my car breaks down I take it to a garage. In a similair vein I will bow to the people with the greater knowledge in the relevant professional body none of whom have said do not get the Jab.
I'm the same.

I went to my GP and on to a hospital when I had kidney stones, when I dislocated fingers, when I had a hernia. When my kids were born, we went to a maternity hospital, one was a little early and spent her first week in an incubator watched over by a consultant and an army of nurses. I trusted the procedures they carried out and the medication they prescribed. I had to, I have no qualifications or expertise to challenge them. Saying I trust science, medicine and Big Pharma for the most important things but not in certain random areas would be arbitrary, illogical and irrational. I just don't accept that those who work in oncology or neurology are good guys but those who work in vaccines are bad and playing with our health...
User avatar
Gandalf
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 11608
Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2010 11:51 am

Re: Covid jab ..🤔

Post by Gandalf »

Peter in Blackpool wrote: ↑Wed Mar 24, 2021 7:31 pm well thats crazy

heard from a friend about booking vaccine locally on line.

went on to website, checked for appointments to find next one was in 10 mins....booked it, went straight there, back home half an hour later with the AZ doing its magic
You are in Blackpool, Smudge is in Canada !
Delapsus Resurgam - When I fall I shall rise!
User avatar
Smudge3920
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 5203
Joined: Sat Aug 22, 2020 4:08 pm
Location: Canada

Re: Covid jab ..🤔

Post by Smudge3920 »

Gandalf wrote: ↑Sun Apr 11, 2021 6:20 pm You are in Blackpool, Smudge is in Canada !
That said Gandalf...I got a call 3 days ago asking if I could come in ...as they had some vaccines over due to patients passing away!!!! :duno: ....so I went angot jabbed...!... Not sure they should be telling people they have vaccines over due to death :shock:
User avatar
Bally
First Team
First Team
Posts: 1705
Joined: Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:43 pm

Re: Covid jab ..🤔

Post by Bally »

I couldn't care less if you have the vaccine or not but if you don't have it dont expect to go abroad why would any country welcome you and I don't blame them
rab_rant

Re: Covid jab ..🤔

Post by rab_rant »

Sir Mick on Covid
User avatar
Bally
First Team
First Team
Posts: 1705
Joined: Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:43 pm

Re: Covid jab ..🤔

Post by Bally »

Anonymous wrote: ↑Thu Apr 15, 2021 10:39 pm Research now showing the vaccine increases chance of blood clots in the brain.
But more likely to get them from covid,birth control and long haul flights so let's stop all those
Mrs64
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 8202
Joined: Tue May 05, 2015 2:07 pm

Re: Covid jab ..🤔

Post by Mrs64 »

UK latest figures :

50 million vaccinated
1,450 hospitalised now. (39,250 in mid-January)
1 death today. (1000+ deaths a day in January)

Thankfully the vaccines & lockdown obviously had a massive effect that gives us all hope for future :-D
User avatar
1964white
Lord Southwold
Lord Southwold
Posts: 155415
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Covid jab ..🤔

Post by 1964white »

My second jab at 3.39pm today
User avatar
Smudge3920
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 5203
Joined: Sat Aug 22, 2020 4:08 pm
Location: Canada

Re: Covid jab ..🤔

Post by Smudge3920 »

1964white wrote: ↑Wed May 05, 2021 1:08 pm My second jab at 3.39pm today
Lucky, good to see...have to wait untill june for mine and I am in the high risk age group, we go into lockdown again starting this week end... really F8cked it up here in the colonies ...
User avatar
1964white
Lord Southwold
Lord Southwold
Posts: 155415
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Covid jab ..🤔

Post by 1964white »

Smudge3920 wrote: ↑Wed May 05, 2021 1:17 pm Lucky, good to see...have to wait untill june for mine and I am in the high risk age group, we go into lockdown again starting this week end... really F8cked it up here in the colonies ...
Not good for you & many other countries :(

One thing our government has got right is the handling of the vaccination process in the UK, whether the significant progress in combating Covid is down to coming out of the EU is open to conjecture.

I believe not having to answer to Brussels & the rest of Europe has quickened the vaccine process up for the UK citizens.

We're not out of the woods yet, once we are out of lockdown III the following few months will be telling!
Locked