Two fantastic tackles in the first 20 minutes.Barlow Boy wrote: ↑Sat Aug 30, 2025 10:05 pm I thought he was clearly our MOTM today, I’ve yet to watch it back but some of his tackles were excellent.
Sean was excellent today.

Two fantastic tackles in the first 20 minutes.Barlow Boy wrote: ↑Sat Aug 30, 2025 10:05 pm I thought he was clearly our MOTM today, I’ve yet to watch it back but some of his tackles were excellent.

Like you I also feel the Arsenal game was the outlier of our performances. Fari enough Arsenal swarmed all over us for the first 30 minutes but didn't create a chance by themselves. Then it was a case of everything going their way. It was a poor performance but not a 5-0 thumping, just a strange one. Everton showed us at our best first half, but I think that may have been because Everton weren't ready for us. The second half v Everton and both halves v Newcastle were all fairly similar, even and with few chances of note for either side. It shows we can compete at this level and if we get a bit more creativity up front we can beat sides.malcolmw wrote: ↑Sat Aug 30, 2025 6:35 pm Yes I agree. After the last 2 games, a very workmanlike performance.
Also, without our captain and core midfield, we competed with a good team who will be aiming for top 6.
Also good that some of our squad put in a solid shift - Longstaff, Gudmundsson in particular.
Call me just a blind optimist but more and more I feel the Arsenal game was a question of poor timing - lost our captain, and went to one of the top teams in Europe with a squad low on PL experience.
We have to blot it out, and move forward.
Good chance for 3 points straight after the break.
The immediate target is 11 off first 10. So now 7 off the next 7.
Victor_Notts-17 wrote: ↑Mon Jun 01, 2026 7:03 pm Did you post them because there's something wrong with your brain

That's brilliant to hear from someone that was there live.Barlow Boy wrote: ↑Sat Aug 30, 2025 10:05 pm I thought he was clearly our MOTM today, I’ve yet to watch it back but some of his tackles were excellent.

We often played our from the back, rather than going long. Going long was a bit confusing for me when we did it since we seem to aim for our wingers (who are always far shorter than their full backs).Sean_Nile wrote: ↑Sat Aug 30, 2025 8:30 pm The way most teams play is to emulate the style of MCI, in that they play out from the back, and build the attack with sharp passing, and that is what we tried at Arsenal and got thumped.
It was very obvious Perri was having none of that today,he was just whacking it into their half and did a few of those long throws from his box to the half way line. It was not pretty, but it was effective. In a Big Sam era it would be called hoof ball which has gathered so many negative connotations.
I think it is time for a rebranding. I would suggest that to view it in a more positive light it should be referred as:
Skyward Surge - Emphasizes the soaring, direct nature of the play.
Thunderbolt Delivery - Highlights the powerful, fast-paced long passes.
Aerial Blitz - Suggests a dynamic, aggressive approach through the air.
Direct Drive - Focuses on the straightforward, goal-oriented strategy.
Cannonball Tactic - Conveys strength and impact in the style.
Let's take some positivity from the fact we get the ball away from our goal area and into their half.

That's because we're up against much better defences. Fans need to stop comparing the Championship with the PL.danhirons wrote: ↑Sat Aug 30, 2025 10:21 pm We often played our from the back, rather than going long. Going long was a bit confusing for me when we did it since we seem to aim for our wingers (who are always far shorter than their full backs).
Decent performance and good result but the same issues of lack of creativity up front continue. Our front 3 are essentially weaker than last year and it continues to show

Importantly, we had a more physical look about us today with Nmecha, Longstaff & Calvert-Lewin involved, all three gave us strength & power enabling us to compete with a very good Newcastle team.weasel wrote: ↑Sat Aug 30, 2025 10:12 pm Like you I also feel the Arsenal game was the outlier of our performances. Fari enough Arsenal swarmed all over us for the first 30 minutes but didn't create a chance by themselves. Then it was a case of everything going their way. It was a poor performance but not a 5-0 thumping, just a strange one. Everton showed us at our best first half, but I think that may have been because Everton weren't ready for us. The second half v Everton and both halves v Newcastle were all fairly similar, even and with few chances of note for either side. It shows we can compete at this level and if we get a bit more creativity up front we can beat sides.


We were all praising Nmecha's hold up play during the game. Then DCL came on and was even better. Which means that post match Nmecha's performance was largely forgotten.

High praise for Longstaff on Match of the Day tonight.Barlow Boy wrote: ↑Sat Aug 30, 2025 10:05 pm I thought he was clearly our MOTM today, I’ve yet to watch it back but some of his tackles were excellent.

Both were freebie signings, although DCL won't have come cheap from a salary prospective, but how strong & powerful were those two today?andrewjohnsmith wrote: ↑Sat Aug 30, 2025 10:37 pm We were all praising Nmecha's hold up play during the game. Then DCL came on and was even better. Which means that post match Nmecha's performance was largely forgotten.

Even the Newcastle fans gave Sean a huge applause at the end of the game.andrewjohnsmith wrote: ↑Sat Aug 30, 2025 10:34 pm I really thought of set the tone
Kind of baffling why that didn't happen on Tuesday. But full credit to him and a few of the others tonight


The thing is we often saw matches over the last 2 seasons where we looked like we would never score. Yet especially last season over the full course of the season we scored plenty. We could quite easily have one of those runs where Dan James or WIlly Gnonto have a bit of a flurry of goals.Cjay wrote: ↑Sat Aug 30, 2025 7:28 pm I think we have a chance if we get 2 or 3 quality attacking players in.
I don't think coaching will do it.
As you say 1 or 2 passes away from being in at times but the pass was off or the run was never made.
Those things should improve with coaching? But we said the same in pre season, we've struggled to create in open play all summer.
Imo the only way it improves is transfers.
Was impressed with the off the ball play today though, that was a plus.
Victor_Notts-17 wrote: ↑Mon Jun 01, 2026 7:03 pm Did you post them because there's something wrong with your brain

For 35 minutes it did despite us being much poorer than expected in possession. We got pummelled but Arsenal created nowt we then got the chance that has to be taken in that sort of game. Struyjk's header goes in and we have had the perfect 35 minute tactical masterclass. Instead a minute or so later their guy scores when it hits his shoulder as he is turning away from the ball.ElKapitan wrote: ↑Sat Aug 30, 2025 8:08 pm But the topic is the same.....
I get what you mean.... I honestly think the prem has upped its level since 2021 never mind when farke was at Norwich a year or two before.
I hope that Farke is adaptable in some way.... Arsenal being a prime example away from home, when it was clear that they would dominate the ball and we couldn't go man for man when they (one of the best pressing teams in the world) turned over the ball repeatedly in dangerous areas. Thinking that a newly formed lower level side could impose our game on them works one in a 100 times..... Frustrating and hitting on the counter sporadically "could" have helped us out if not changed the outcome.
Victor_Notts-17 wrote: ↑Mon Jun 01, 2026 7:03 pm Did you post them because there's something wrong with your brain


Actually it's 1 goal in 4 games. And that was a penalty.Broad Ford wrote: ↑Sat Aug 30, 2025 11:04 pm I got to watch this game from 75 mins and saw Leeds locking horns with Newcastle, but then giving DCL too much to do in attack. I feel it won't be long before he gets his first goal and all that's missing is a kind bounce, the rub of the green and a little luck. What really matters is he keeps finding those goal scoring positions and eventually he'll open his account.
1 goal in three games says Leeds are struggling to convert chances, although 2 clean sheets is a good sign defensively. Happy with the point against a very good Newcastle and 4 points from a possible 9 overall. Continue this form and Leeds survive for a second season.


And fans need to stop comparing Farke at Norwich with Farke at Leeds.


Orange Box wrote: ↑Sat Aug 30, 2025 4:06 pm I remember that shop, my bus stop to Fryston just outside there. I remember the the manager being a bit of a tosser - that you?