Jesse Marsch

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Post Reply
User avatar
andrewjohnsmith
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 13058
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2018 4:58 pm
Location: California (Donny Born-n-Bred)

Re: Marsch Out

Post by andrewjohnsmith »

Rook wrote: ↑Thu Oct 20, 2022 9:36 pm Milan are interested in Sinisterra. Just sayin. :|
We need to sell him in January and make a profit before we get relegated
User avatar
Rook
First Team
First Team
Posts: 1513
Joined: Tue Feb 15, 2022 4:02 pm

Re: Marsch Out

Post by Rook »

Tyzy wrote: ↑Thu Oct 20, 2022 9:28 pm Out of his depth,who would replace him I have no idea

Probably...........


Image
I smell blood and an era of prominent mad men - W.H. Auden
CHAPELALLMAN
Manager
Manager
Posts: 3891
Joined: Fri Jun 26, 2020 11:57 am

Re: Marsch Out

Post by CHAPELALLMAN »

Mick Jones shoulder wrote: ↑Thu Oct 20, 2022 8:16 pm A season and half has been poor, an apparent world class coach could do nothing how do we expect JM to do anything. The board have a lot to answer for.....
Exactly - without new owners I think that this club is going nowhere except the championship.
CHAPELALLMAN
Manager
Manager
Posts: 3891
Joined: Fri Jun 26, 2020 11:57 am

Re: Marsch Out

Post by CHAPELALLMAN »

60sUnited wrote: ↑Thu Oct 20, 2022 9:39 pm It doesn't matter.....just pay the Yank off...big mistake signing him and probably an Orta 'mates' thing that didn't work out.
How about being rid of Orta now ? If Marsch is sacked then that's two managerial appointments he was responsible for which resulted in the sack. Plus all the ridiculous and expensive La Liga signings which have burnt up much of the budget.
Dab247
Ballboy
Ballboy
Posts: 3
Joined: Thu Oct 21, 2021 1:14 pm

Re: Marsch Out

Post by Dab247 »

Marsch needs to go,he has no clue as to his best formation,the players with exception of aaronson,look like they've never played together before,he's a typical yank,talks the talk probably installed at behest of 49ers.If he stays,we will get relegated.
User avatar
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 41707
Joined: Tue Aug 01, 2017 3:01 pm

Jesse Marsch post Leicester

Post by Cjay »

Marsch's here - changes?
There are parts of the first half that were quite good, but we lose the ball and their first time down the pitch they score. We push the game and at 1-0 we have chances. Coupel fo big chances to make it 1-1, but when we concede the second it's a big hole.



Three changes?
Don't want to push Coops too much in three-match weeks. Patrick very good on Sunday, easy decision. Thought Cree would be effective. Overall performance was not terrible.



Fans' reaction?
In that moment we are disappoonted. Working out what to say to the team ahead of Sunday, Nothing against the fans. Will say sorry to them, but it was just me focusing on Sunday


Your job in jeopardy?
Feel supported by the club. Just trying to work out how we get wins. Make life difficult for ourselves. Focus is on stopping the bleeding on Sunday.



Board patience?
The fans have supported me. The board have supported. Nobody is happy tonight, I'm as angry as I have ever been in football, but we have to manage the moment.



What's easiest to fix?
I want the group to stay strong and together and their belief in what we're doing. Because they want so badly to achieve for themselves and each other and the fans it creates the tension I am always trying to manage



How far from where you should be?
I had a question three weeks ago about our goals and I said it was too early to make those goals. Young group, Have to encourage and support them to get better and better. That's the job right now. Little things to look at, but the guys have given everything. Got to find a way.



Players
Everyone's p***** off. Got to be ready to stop the bleeding and fight for Sunday.



Performance
It's not terrible. We limited them to five shots. Pushing hard at 1-0 and if it gets to 1-1 it's different, but we're not able to convert. Guys pushed hard second half.



Confidence
Of course it's an issue. Guys are trying everything and maybe too much.



Boards do react to fan noise - are you confident in your relationship with them?
One of the things I saw before I came was the way they supported Marcelo all the way for many years. I can only say I have felt that support from everyone. Of course the coach is the first one to question. Doing the right things. We are unified. Doing everything we can. League is tough.

Fans do not expect to be in this position
We made some great additions. We are young. We need to develop and we haven't had the results we deserve. Have to stay focused and do everything we can. Pivotal moments.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
User avatar
andrewjohnsmith
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 13058
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2018 4:58 pm
Location: California (Donny Born-n-Bred)

Re: Jesse Marsch post Leicester

Post by andrewjohnsmith »

I'm angry. I'm pissed off. We have to get better ... Whatever
User avatar
1964white
Lord Southwold
Lord Southwold
Posts: 155262
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Marsch Out

Post by 1964white »

Time for Jesse to follow Lizzie's path of failure.
User avatar
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 41707
Joined: Tue Aug 01, 2017 3:01 pm

Re: Marsch Out

Post by Cjay »

faaip wrote: ↑Thu Oct 20, 2022 9:45 pm I'm a fan, I have no control over who comes, I'm also 60 and realise I can dream about certain players or managers arriving but can tell you irrespective of whom owns/runs the club it never f**king happens. It's never happened once in 50 plus years watching Leeds

Which is why I have zero interest in the process, let those that are running the club, give them a chance, allow myself some first impressions then see what happens.... He had a chance to succeed here, a very good chance. You absolutely cannot completely turn over the squad in a single season, so Marsch should have adapted his style to the players available not forced the players into a scheme for which they are unsuited. All very well to say we should have added 11 new first team players but where are we if that fails?

We added 7 or 8, that's plenty
It's a shame you blocked me because I actually agree with some of that and can even understand your view regarding the process.

Bugger me.

Someone quote this so he can see it

We agree on something to a degree :)
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
User avatar
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 79056
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:03 am
Location: God's own county

Re: Marsch Out

Post by The Subhuman »

Bielsa lovers vindicated I think..

But it was always gonna be tough to follow a legend beloved by (most) fans
Last edited by The Subhuman on Thu Oct 20, 2022 10:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"A mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work if it's not open"
User avatar
Jaydog
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 21207
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2022 9:52 pm
Location: Here

Re: Marsch Out

Post by Jaydog »

Cjay wrote: ↑Thu Oct 20, 2022 10:03 pm It's a shame you blocked me because I actually agree with some of that and can even understand your view regarding the process.

Bugger me.

Someone quote this so he can see it

We agree on something to a degree :)
I declare my love for Saint Daniel and I can shoehorn him in to any conversation.
User avatar
BlackHillsPaul
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Posts: 4517
Joined: Tue Apr 19, 2022 5:53 pm
Location: Arizona, USA

Re: Jesse Marsch post Leicester

Post by BlackHillsPaul »

Hey Jesse just f**k off! Get 3 points on Sunday and live to fight another week. Otherwise enjoy your extended vacation before you start your next MLS gig...
Football/Futbol/Soccer
User avatar
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 41707
Joined: Tue Aug 01, 2017 3:01 pm

Re: Marsch Out

Post by Cjay »

Jaydog wrote: ↑Thu Oct 20, 2022 10:04 pm
Cheers Jay.

Oi Faaip look look look :lol:
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
SG90
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 23132
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2012 11:29 pm

Re: Marsch Out

Post by SG90 »

Not really, since we'd be in the Championship if he'd stayed in charge
User avatar
Jaydog
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 21207
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2022 9:52 pm
Location: Here

Re: Marsch Out

Post by Jaydog »

I hate to repeat myself but exactly who will replace Marsch? Shortlist? QPR gaffer who Wolves wanted? Michael Beale. No not Beadle
I declare my love for Saint Daniel and I can shoehorn him in to any conversation.
User avatar
weasel
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 19701
Joined: Wed May 23, 2007 10:28 pm
Location: Firmly on the Danny-Magnet

Re: Marsch Out

Post by weasel »

Cjay wrote: ↑Thu Oct 20, 2022 9:30 pm We looked at Ernesto Valverde as per Phil Hay.

Will never ever understand why we didn't go for him.

He was the obvious candidate with a proven track record of improving on Bielsa's work.
I can't help but wonder if the decisive factor was that he was american so was a good fit in tegards to the 49ers.
Cjay wrote: ↑Sat May 17, 2025 4:23 pm I've pretended to support a team that's been crap for most of my life as part of a long term plan
Victor_Notts-17 wrote: ↑Mon Jun 01, 2026 7:03 pm Did you post them because there's something wrong with your brain
User avatar
weasel
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 19701
Joined: Wed May 23, 2007 10:28 pm
Location: Firmly on the Danny-Magnet

Re: Marsch Out

Post by weasel »

CHAPELALLMAN wrote: ↑Thu Oct 20, 2022 9:51 pm How about being rid of Orta now ? If Marsch is sacked then that's two managerial appointments he was responsible for which resulted in the sack. Plus all the ridiculous and expensive La Liga signings which have burnt up much of the budget.
If Marsch is sacked it would be 4 managerial appointments made by Orta that have been sacked - TC, PH, MB all hired and fired.
Cjay wrote: ↑Sat May 17, 2025 4:23 pm I've pretended to support a team that's been crap for most of my life as part of a long term plan
Victor_Notts-17 wrote: ↑Mon Jun 01, 2026 7:03 pm Did you post them because there's something wrong with your brain
SG90
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 23132
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2012 11:29 pm

Re: Marsch Out

Post by SG90 »

Jaydog wrote: ↑Thu Oct 20, 2022 10:07 pm I hate to repeat myself but exactly who will replace Marsch? Shortlist? QPR gaffer who Wolves wanted? Michael Beale. No not Beadle
Tedesco I'd imagine, but I don't think he'd be an improvement.
User avatar
weasel
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 19701
Joined: Wed May 23, 2007 10:28 pm
Location: Firmly on the Danny-Magnet

Re: Marsch Out

Post by weasel »

Jaydog wrote: ↑Thu Oct 20, 2022 10:07 pm I hate to repeat myself but exactly who will replace Marsch? Shortlist? QPR gaffer who Wolves wanted? Michael Beale. No not Beadle
Yeah but keeping someone because you think we can only attract sh*t is not a reason to keep someone who is doing sh*t.

We are still a big name and able to pay big wages. Plenty of managers will be interested.
Cjay wrote: ↑Sat May 17, 2025 4:23 pm I've pretended to support a team that's been crap for most of my life as part of a long term plan
Victor_Notts-17 wrote: ↑Mon Jun 01, 2026 7:03 pm Did you post them because there's something wrong with your brain
SG90
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 23132
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2012 11:29 pm

Re: Marsch Out

Post by SG90 »

CHAPELALLMAN wrote: ↑Thu Oct 20, 2022 9:51 pm How about being rid of Orta now ? If Marsch is sacked then that's two managerial appointments he was responsible for which resulted in the sack. Plus all the ridiculous and expensive La Liga signings which have burnt up much of the budget.
:tup:
Post Reply