Even a few bars is enough...if I'm uncertain I'll continue (I did that with Hackdepiocotto) But if I put a new album to me on and I get generic, sounds like 30 other bands and you didn't grab me with something then byeAnonymous wrote: ↑Sat Feb 06, 2021 6:03 pm Of course, the upside is I get through them more quickly, but the downside is I'm only judging them on whether the sound appeals to me. Albums which take several listens to grow into the mood and the songwriting could be overlooked. Similarly, first impressions can be misleading, eg if you just blast a few riffs of Ekhidna without listening to the whole thing, you're missing out on the variety and complexity of the music. That's the downside of having too much choice, or not enough time.
Take the Strokes, if your a fan already you're gonna like it... or not, your choice. If your not a fan then the new album ain't gonna convince you. It's more of the same for the most part ..



