' "Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
1964white wrote: ↑Tue Nov 24, 2020 10:37 pm
What's this Ian?
Sorry, thought we were on a new year
My other votes.
1. Stone Roses.
2. Kate Bush
3.Aerosmith
4.Simply Red
5. B52s
' "Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
Durly wrote: ↑Wed Nov 25, 2020 11:59 am
I agree, it's her worst but I still really love the first track on it where she duets with Bertie. Worth buying just for that, in my opinion.
Not Kate's best by any means however I still enjoyed her album
1964white wrote: ↑Wed Nov 25, 2020 12:32 pm
How can you judge a album after one listen, yes not great by any means but to compare Kate's album to ALW is ludicrous
I can easily tell after one listen...sometimes an album is just plain bad. The Elton John in particular stinks the album up badly and it's convoluted, forced and sits badly in her cannon...I think there's one track I'd take off it as tolerable...And yes it does remind me of the sort of inane music/lyrics ALW and whomever he's collaborating with writes.
Problem is it was a massive drop off for a talented artist and we do it with Leeds..We know how good we can play so we slag off a poor game and defeat even though it's still better than most teams on a bad day.
"A mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work if it's not open"
faaip wrote: ↑Wed Nov 25, 2020 1:27 pm
I can easily tell after one listen...sometimes an album is just plain bad. The Elton John in particular stinks the album up badly and it's convoluted, forced and sits badly in her cannon...I think there's one track I'd take off it as tolerable...And yes it does remind me of the sort of inane music/lyrics ALW and whomever he's collaborating with writes.
Problem is it was a massive drop off for a talented artist and we do it with Leeds..We know how good we can play so we slag off a poor game and defeat even though it's still better than most teams on a bad day.
I will admit it's not in the same league as her previous album 'Aerial'
NorfolkWhite wrote: ↑Thu Nov 26, 2020 9:35 am
Pixies
Stone Roses
Snuff
Cure - Big fan but I'm not crazy about this album, plenty reckon it's their best I know.....
NMA
Just can't believe Kate Bush is winning this......travesty.
You called it right with Doolittle mind you I'm biased on this one