Football Manager 2021

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Post Reply
User avatar
andrewjohnsmith
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 13057
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2018 4:58 pm
Location: California (Donny Born-n-Bred)

Football Manager 2021

Post by andrewjohnsmith »

Beta version started this week. Anyone playing? Worth starting a thread?
User avatar
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 78985
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:03 am
Location: God's own county

Re: Football Manager 2021

Post by The Subhuman »

I might when it gets released officiallly
"A mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work if it's not open"
User avatar
Muppet the Cat
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 18293
Joined: Mon May 29, 2017 9:42 pm
Location: Cardiff

Re: Football Manager 2021

Post by Muppet the Cat »

Beyond once being given, in the early 90’s, a Nintendo Gameboy (which from memory came with the falling blocks game - Tetris ?) which I hardly ever used and probably gave away I’ve never had any of the Xbox/PlayStation etc systems or ever played any of the games.

I don’t really get the interest in them.

That being said enjoy your Football Manager 2021 Andrew :)
User avatar
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 78985
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:03 am
Location: God's own county

Re: Football Manager 2021

Post by The Subhuman »

Ouch
"A mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work if it's not open"
User avatar
Irish Ian
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 17183
Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2019 5:53 pm
Location: Directly above the centre of the Earth.

Re: Football Manager 2021

Post by Irish Ian »

I purchased the 2020 version during lockdon on April

So far Leeds have won the FA Cup three times in a row and in the QF of their version of the CL.

The only players left in the squad are Kiko ( who retires soon) Shacks ( out on loan) Phillips and Bogusz.

Bielsa moved on to Man City but was recently sacked.
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
Clacton White
First Team
First Team
Posts: 2071
Joined: Sat Aug 27, 2011 4:56 pm

Re: Football Manager 2021

Post by Clacton White »

I still play 2009 version . More recent have too much to do and too involved , takes an age to get to matches . 2009 for me was about perfect , right amount of involvement and meddling with team etc . You can have too much of a good thing IMO . Tried 2012 or 14 and tired of it . Went back to 2009 .
User avatar
LUFC 1966
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
Posts: 730
Joined: Wed Sep 21, 2016 5:14 pm
Location: Leeds

Re: Football Manager 2021

Post by LUFC 1966 »

i'm playing - lost 2 league matches but won two carabao cup games. great graphics this year
User avatar
Gandalf
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 11608
Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2010 11:51 am

Re: Football Manager 2021

Post by Gandalf »

I played the original version in the 90's on the PC. Passed the night shift when at work. No graphics on that one though. My son will probably get the xbox version. Although he is too involved in Call of Duty and FIFA at the moment.

<Note to self: Check if he has it - If not one Birthday / Christmas present sorted.>
Delapsus Resurgam - When I fall I shall rise!
visitingvillan
Youth Team
Youth Team
Posts: 155
Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2020 2:24 am

Re: Football Manager 2021

Post by visitingvillan »

I bought it. definitely runs much faster (it was one of the added features tbf). The newgen faces look much better than usual as well
User avatar
andrewjohnsmith
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 13057
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2018 4:58 pm
Location: California (Donny Born-n-Bred)

Re: Football Manager 2021

Post by andrewjohnsmith »

visitingvillan wrote: ↑Mon Nov 16, 2020 10:38 pm I bought it. definitely runs much faster (it was one of the added features tbf). The newgen faces look much better than usual as well
It's the first time I've upgraded in 3 years. I don't see the point of buying it every year. I usually just use database updates and editors for a couple of years. But I was read for a new upgrade this year. I too like the added speed. I like the press conferences. Still getting to grips with a few things but tbh it's not drastically different from 3 years ago. Happy so far.

How's Grealish working out?
User avatar
andrewjohnsmith
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 13057
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2018 4:58 pm
Location: California (Donny Born-n-Bred)

Re: Football Manager 2021

Post by andrewjohnsmith »

Going well in the game so far. I did give most of the Leeds players a 10% upgrade though. Even with that, the player ratings are still some way behind the top squads.

I try to keep the formation and team selection close to Bielsa's, even though the assistant keeps insisting Rodrigo and Hernandez with Bamford on the bench. I just got to February and am 4th in the league.

I did sign Ben White - funded by the departures of Cooper (3 better alternatives), Alioski (Davis better), and Forshaw (Shackleton better) in the January window. Tottenham keep coming in for Bamford even though he's only scored 5 goals so far. If I can get Haaland, I'll probably let him go, but he's expensive. Ayling is having a bit of a spat (he's my captain since Cooper left) because I wouldn't let him go to Arsenal.

Other than that, the game is playing really well.
visitingvillan
Youth Team
Youth Team
Posts: 155
Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2020 2:24 am

Re: Football Manager 2021

Post by visitingvillan »

andrewjohnsmith wrote: ↑Fri Nov 20, 2020 6:41 pm It's the first time I've upgraded in 3 years. I don't see the point of buying it every year. I usually just use database updates and editors for a couple of years. But I was read for a new upgrade this year. I too like the added speed. I like the press conferences. Still getting to grips with a few things but tbh it's not drastically different from 3 years ago. Happy so far.

How's Grealish working out?
Yeah, I definitely see a noticeable difference in speed this year.

I haven't gotten too far in a villa save yet, but Grealish has been pretty good.
Post Reply