Editing of Posts
- becchio bear
- Superstar

- Posts: 19296
- Joined: Sun Mar 21, 2010 2:19 pm
- Twitter: @Becchiobear
- Location: Bramley Leeds
Editing of Posts
Just wondered why mods can edit their posts without it showing up as an edit?
I'm going back to 505, I saw them at Sheffield and they were amazing.
- Twiggster
- MOT Legend

- Posts: 23104
- Joined: Thu May 22, 2003 2:31 pm
- Location: near København, DK
- Contact:
Re: Editing of Posts
I think it is a feature of this board, BB. Dunno if it can be turned off?
- YorkshireSquare
- Administrator

- Posts: 15038
- Joined: Sun May 18, 2003 1:34 pm
- Twitter: @motforum
- Location: Leeds
- Contact:
Re: Editing of Posts
Possibly can enforce the need to make a comment, I'd have to look. The behaviour is as default though.becchio bear wrote:Just wondered why mods can edit their posts without it showing up as an edit?
- becchio bear
- Superstar

- Posts: 19296
- Joined: Sun Mar 21, 2010 2:19 pm
- Twitter: @Becchiobear
- Location: Bramley Leeds
Re: Editing of Posts
Ta Adam, not quite sure what the first sentence means thoughShields53 wrote:
Possibly can enforce the need to make a comment, I'd have to look. The behaviour is as default though.
I'm going back to 505, I saw them at Sheffield and they were amazing.
- Martyn
- Superstar

- Posts: 10635
- Joined: Sun Mar 21, 2010 10:47 am
- Twitter: @MartynStead
- Location: and Momentum both uncertain
Editing of Posts
That would mean that the person editing would need to make some sort of amendment to show that they have edited a post. Quite often I have edited people's posts just to fix problems with quoting, but it is not obvious that I have done it - Adam is suggesting that he may be able to make it necessary for mods to say they have done it.
Bates, GFH, Cellino: Same s**t, different arseholes.
- becchio bear
- Superstar

- Posts: 19296
- Joined: Sun Mar 21, 2010 2:19 pm
- Twitter: @Becchiobear
- Location: Bramley Leeds
Re: Editing of Posts
Cheers for that GW. The "tidying up" of quotes has been helpful in the past, I have had my problems in this regardGuildford White wrote:That would mean that the person editing would need to make some sort of amendment to show that they have edited a post. Quite often I have edited people's posts just to fix problems with quoting, but it is not obvious that I have done it - Adam is suggesting that he may be able to make it necessary for mods to say they have done it.
I'm going back to 505, I saw them at Sheffield and they were amazing.
- Martyn
- Superstar

- Posts: 10635
- Joined: Sun Mar 21, 2010 10:47 am
- Twitter: @MartynStead
- Location: and Momentum both uncertain
Re: Editing of Posts
Ah I see.
That's probably just a knock-on effect from the facility to edit other people's posts I guess. It wouldn't be practical for the software to allow mods and admin to edit all other posts invisibly but not their own.
That's probably just a knock-on effect from the facility to edit other people's posts I guess. It wouldn't be practical for the software to allow mods and admin to edit all other posts invisibly but not their own.
Bates, GFH, Cellino: Same s**t, different arseholes.
- YorkshireSquare
- Administrator

- Posts: 15038
- Joined: Sun May 18, 2003 1:34 pm
- Twitter: @motforum
- Location: Leeds
- Contact:
Re: Editing of Posts
I can't find a setting, I'll keep digging.
But as GW says, probably a knock on of being able to edit others posts.
But as GW says, probably a knock on of being able to edit others posts.