Thats not gonna happen.The Subhuman wrote: ↑Wed Jun 24, 2026 10:49 am Okafor will go left wing
4 at the back
Double pivot
Inverted wingers
Lone striker
Harry Wilson
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.
Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.
Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
- Madron
- Manager

- Posts: 3661
- Joined: Tue Dec 28, 2021 7:46 pm
Re: Harry Wilson- deal progressing
- Barlow Boy
- Site Contributor

- Posts: 11764
- Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2023 9:32 pm
Re: Harry Wilson- deal progressing
Don’t cry because you said goodbye to your pet, smile because you said hello
- Cjay
- Superstar

- Posts: 41693
- Joined: Tue Aug 01, 2017 3:01 pm
Re: Harry Wilson- deal progressing
It's literally the only "Harry Wilson" thread I could find
https://www.friendsoffulham.com/forum/i ... =99273.720
Here probably more on that perhaps.
Signed
King Cjay
Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
King Cjay
Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
- Cjay
- Superstar

- Posts: 41693
- Joined: Tue Aug 01, 2017 3:01 pm
Re: Harry Wilson- deal progressing
Probably remember when the talkies first arrived
Signed
King Cjay
Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
King Cjay
Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
- The Subhuman
- Superstar

- Posts: 78985
- Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:03 am
- Location: God's own county
Re: Harry Wilson- deal progressing
Well it changes when players are added or leave... but it's the obvious 451 line up right now
Or
"A mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work if it's not open"
- Barlow Boy
- Site Contributor

- Posts: 11764
- Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2023 9:32 pm
Re: Harry Wilson- deal progressing
I’m only 55, not that old really, but when I hear youngsters like you not being around when Strachan was here I feel it.
Don’t cry because you said goodbye to your pet, smile because you said hello
- The Subhuman
- Superstar

- Posts: 78985
- Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:03 am
- Location: God's own county
Re: Harry Wilson- deal progressing
Ditto Bremner and LorimerBarlow Boy wrote: ↑Wed Jun 24, 2026 12:33 pm.
I’m only 55, not that old really, but when I hear youngsters like you not being around when Strachan was here I feel it.
"A mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work if it's not open"
- Barlow Boy
- Site Contributor

- Posts: 11764
- Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2023 9:32 pm
Re: Harry Wilson- deal progressing
Yep, I was born 1971, so pretty much missed that era which Mr 64 reminds me of during our chats at Elland Road.
Don’t cry because you said goodbye to your pet, smile because you said hello
-
SG90
- Superstar

- Posts: 23123
- Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2012 11:29 pm
Re: Harry Wilson- agreement reached
Problem is if you're giving Wilson £100k a week, other players will want the same. How much do you think Struijk's agent is asking for?
- 1964white
- Lord Southwold

- Posts: 155125
- Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
- Twitter: @1964white
Re: Harry Wilson- deal progressing
It just our forumulites being pedantic.weasel wrote: ↑Wed Jun 24, 2026 12:06 pm Yeah always came accross as a player who likes to be the centre of attention, the star man.
I really don't know why people are getting het up about the wages or length of contract. Even if he is on £100k per week and on a 4 year deal that is the equivalent of £20.8m. So say instead of signing Wilson we splashed £20.8m on a signing. That player would also want wages. that sort of money paid so I would think the player would be on a minimum of £50k per week so on a 4 year deal, including the transfer fee, that would be £31.2m in total
And given the financial rules it is a great move as it equates to just the actual wages. The club seems to be being run very sensibly.
- The Subhuman
- Superstar

- Posts: 78985
- Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:03 am
- Location: God's own county
Re: Harry Wilson- agreement reached
We don't know it's a 100K yet... 4 years is too long though...
"A mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work if it's not open"
- Finnatic
- Superstar

- Posts: 6703
- Joined: Thu Mar 12, 2020 12:47 pm
Re: Harry Wilson- deal progressing
I’m 58 1/2 and I remember Bremner and Lorimer but it did help with my Dad going to the games then, so I took an interest plus he took me to my first game at the end of 72/73 season.
I know you’re slightly older than me, did you have family Leeds fans or were they all Chelsea re you choosing Leeds?
- Cjay
- Superstar

- Posts: 41693
- Joined: Tue Aug 01, 2017 3:01 pm
Re: Harry Wilson- agreement reached
Will be over £100k, we gave DCL similar and according to Ornstein Wilson had far more competition.The Subhuman wrote: ↑Wed Jun 24, 2026 12:42 pm We don't know it's a 100K yet... 4 years is too long though...
He will have milked us for a fortune (as you would tbf)
Signed
King Cjay
Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
King Cjay
Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
- 1964white
- Lord Southwold

- Posts: 155125
- Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
- Twitter: @1964white
Re: Harry Wilson- agreement reached
Not all of them.
It's common knowledge that captains, strikers, playmakers are paid more than such as defenders & keepers.
We're not a championship club amymore!
Farke won't allow that nonsense to affect his squad.
- Cjay
- Superstar

- Posts: 41693
- Joined: Tue Aug 01, 2017 3:01 pm
Re: Harry Wilson- agreement reached
That's just part of being a Premier League club tbf.
Agents will be well aware what Premier League clubs pay.
Signed
King Cjay
Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
King Cjay
Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
- The Subhuman
- Superstar

- Posts: 78985
- Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:03 am
- Location: God's own county
Re: Harry Wilson- deal progressing
Dad was born in India so didn't really have a football team, he only took me to Aldershot, and Raith when we lived there, out of a sense of duty.Finnatic wrote: ↑Wed Jun 24, 2026 12:45 pm I’m 58 1/2 and I remember Bremner and Lorimer but it did help with my Dad going to the games then, so I took an interest plus he took me to my first game at the end of 72/73 season.
I know you’re slightly older than me, did you have family Leeds fans or were they all Chelsea re you choosing Leeds?
Uncle was West Ham, though Fulham wanted him to replace Johnny Haynes, he's the one who had the football knowledge and taught me how to understand the game, what to look for, how to coach, how to scout. We were the only two real fans of football in the family (until my nephew was born) So he took me to games my dad (who couldn't drive,) wouldn't.
I've said before I know or have known no other Leeds fan personally, ever. All my live games were 1977-1993/4. Did most London games every year, About 5/6 ER games going up on my bike, and South coast games.
I just loved that Revie team, the anti heroes and tbh at 7 I didn't have a clue where Leeds was..
I'm a Hampshire Cricket too fan even though I've never lived in Hampshire, dad played first class cricket so that was his sport but was much happier going to Portsmouth rather than the Oval.
Last edited by The Subhuman on Wed Jun 24, 2026 1:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"A mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work if it's not open"
- 1964white
- Lord Southwold

- Posts: 155125
- Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
- Twitter: @1964white
- 1964white
- Lord Southwold

- Posts: 155125
- Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
- Twitter: @1964white
Re: Harry Wilson- deal progressing
No, you aint.
- 1964white
- Lord Southwold

- Posts: 155125
- Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
- Twitter: @1964white
Re: Harry Wilson- deal progressing
Cjay wrote: ↑Wed Jun 24, 2026 12:30 pm It's literally the only "Harry Wilson" thread I could find![]()
https://www.friendsoffulham.com/forum/i ... =99273.720
Here probably more on that perhaps.
- The Subhuman
- Superstar

- Posts: 78985
- Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:03 am
- Location: God's own county
Re: Harry Wilson- deal progressing
Comparing Strachan to Wilson is daring, Strachan was world class, and we got lucky to have him be that good at his age. I don't think Wilson is even CL class..
"A mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work if it's not open"
Wilson, Harry












