OK from today.
Defending he was awful, apart from second half when they didn't offer much which allowed him to attack.
So attacking he put in two crosses.
On balance not a great return.

OK from today.

I was gobsmacked at the amount of Irish fans. You need a PL franchise in Dublin. I hope Leeds do it again next pre season, it’s been so special.

A very special day for the Irish fans & you of course, OB.Orange Box wrote: ↑Sat Aug 09, 2025 6:12 pm I was gobsmacked at the amount of Irish fans. You need a PL franchise in Dublin. I hope Leeds do it again next pre season, it’s been so special.




Schmidt made as many errors as his good moments.DDB220 wrote: ↑Sat Aug 09, 2025 5:22 pm I don’t think he is that bad, did some good stuff today, a few lapses of concentration but certainly not a catastrophe. It was a different game when Sam came on, so to comparatively judge their performances would be wrong IMO
We may yet stick with him as back up.
Gud looks pretty good so far, but a friendly is not a reliable barometer. That outside of the foot chip between the two defenders to Gnonto was a thing of beauty.

It brought back some good memories. Haven’t gone to a game (asa speccy) since the late 90s when I gave up my ST when I became a paramedic working shifts. Been to games working but not the same. My missus is hooked, we’ll be doing corporates this season, that’s for sure.

I wonder if it’s something personal with Bamford, maybe disrupts the dressing room? He’s the last of the Bielsa bunch as well. Farke feeling he had to definitively make a break.WhiteRose wrote: ↑Sat Aug 09, 2025 7:50 pm Couldn’t catch the game today but it sounds like the same issues we had last week, which isn’t a surprise. I’m still left scratching my head at the club and Farkes stance on Bamford - just can’t see why they have allowed the manager to tie himself in knots, writing off a useful, expensive and contracted player who as of yet is still with us. If September the 1st comes and goes and he is still with us then he has to be reintegrated with the first team surely.


You can't plan with a player that is constantly injured.BlancdeBlanc wrote: ↑Sun Aug 10, 2025 6:27 am I wonder if it’s something personal with Bamford, maybe disrupts the dressing room? He’s the last of the Bielsa bunch as well. Farke feeling he had to definitively make a break.

I think it is a question of trust on the part of Farke. Essentially, he'd rather go and get another player than rely or depend on PB who is unlikely to be available, never mind anywhere near fit, for any sort of continuous period anytime - forget anytime soon. Farke has waited long enough and had decided enough is enough. It isn't anything personal I don't thinkBlancdeBlanc wrote: ↑Sun Aug 10, 2025 6:27 am I wonder if it’s something personal with Bamford, maybe disrupts the dressing room? He’s the last of the Bielsa bunch as well. Farke feeling he had to definitively make a break.

Jack Harrison, Pascal Struijk, Ilan Meslier, Dan James?BlancdeBlanc wrote: ↑Sun Aug 10, 2025 6:27 am I wonder if it’s something personal with Bamford, maybe disrupts the dressing room? He’s the last of the Bielsa bunch as well. Farke feeling he had to definitively make a break.


I'm sure that in the past we also had decent bids for Meslier and Bamford?YorkshireSquare wrote: ↑Sat Aug 09, 2025 5:49 pm I think they were just trying to look like the kind of owners that didn't have to sell players to balance the books.
On reflection, we'd have been better with the £20m.

Maybe he's conscious that keeping faith in the albatross has cost a number of our coaches their jobsPhoenixUnited wrote: ↑Sun Aug 10, 2025 8:18 am I think it is a question of trust on the part of Farke. Essentially, he'd rather go and get another player than rely or depend on PB who is unlikely to be available, never mind anywhere near fit, for any sort of continuous period anytime - forget anytime soon. Farke has waited long enough and had decided enough is enough. It isn't anything personal I don't think



Glad you agree with me, Cussie.CUSSIE01 wrote: ↑Sun Aug 10, 2025 6:01 pm Everyone I spoke to yesterday agreed that Stach was our best player & Schmidt easily the worst. Really noticeable that without Aaronson to bail him out defensively he looked lost but he was left isolated at times with little cover from midfield & Joe moving into the centre to cover the inevitable crosses into the box. If we start v Everton with Schmidt we’re in serious trouble.
Had a fantastic day in Dublin & the atmosphere was special for what was essentially an away game, meeting Eddie Gray, Stuarty Dallas & the lovely Emma Jones were the icing on the cake.
