Patrick Bamford- Will miss playoff semi final

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Patrick Bamford- Will miss playoff semi final

Post by Cjay »

Irish Ian wrote: Fri May 10, 2024 2:46 pm Methinks there was another injury which showed up on a scan or tests they ran and they then missed the current problem.

Not for the first time we have lost players due to this.

Forshaw and Roberts come to mind
Rob Price had a patchy record before he arrived.

Maybe he is the issue?

Seems a recurring theme.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Patrick Bamford

Post by Cjay »

Scoobychief wrote: Fri May 10, 2024 1:20 pm He was well overdue and injury. Will Lord Farquaad play Josepth???
No he'll play Piroe .

We know he will.

And tbf to Piroe he was our best player vs Southampton (slim pickings admittedly)
Signed

King Cjay

The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Bone bruises can take weeks/months depending on the severity, not sure it's easy to evaluate how serious it might be either.
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Cjay wrote: Fri May 10, 2024 4:04 pm No he'll play Piroe .

We know he will.

And tbf to Piroe he was our best player vs Southampton (slim pickings admittedly)
He may have played well personally but it's a team game and he sits way to deep for a striker and doesn't have the pace to recover. He needs a striker ahead of him.
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

The Subhuman wrote: Fri May 10, 2024 4:10 pm He may have played well personally but it's a team game and he sits way to deep for a striker and doesn't have the pace to recover. He needs a striker ahead of him.
Personally I think he did well overall, held the ball up, scored a goal, even making goal saving tackles in our own box.

Set up 3 chances (most in the team).

Don't think he did anything wrong vs Southampton tbf to him and don't think he was that deep either (all be it him and Rutter kept swapping I did notice)

Paddy has gotten universal praise for far less.
Signed

King Cjay

John in Louisiana
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by John in Louisiana »

Cjay wrote: Fri May 10, 2024 4:22 pm Personally I think he did well overall, held the ball up, scored a goal, even making goal saving tackles in our own box.

Set up 3 chances (most in the team).

Don't think he did anything wrong vs Southampton tbf to him and don't think he was that deep either (all be it him and Rutter kept swapping I did notice)

Paddy has gotten universal praise for far less.
Agreed with you right up to the last statement.

When has Paddy ever received universal praise? He's been a whipping boy for a significant minority of the fans since he first arrived.

We're going to miss him this week.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

John in Louisiana wrote: Fri May 10, 2024 4:33 pm Agreed with you right up to the last statement.

When has Paddy ever received universal praise? He's been a whipping boy for a significant minority of the fans since he first arrived.

He's had a strange relationship with the fans, it's got really nasty in the past wrongly and crossed a line.

But it's gone totally the other way as well where he misses chances, doesn't hold the ball up, but ran a lot and people act like he's just put in a prime R9 performance.

Not a lot of in between with Paddy and his fan relationship here.

Greatest striker since Mark Viduka or the next Billy Paynter.
Signed

King Cjay

mentalcase

Post by mentalcase »

Notice the bamford lovers trying to get their excuses in early, we don't win we blame it on bamford missing
"Critics are men that watch a battle from a high place, then come down and shoot the survivors"
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

mentalcase wrote: Fri May 10, 2024 4:53 pm Notice the bamford lovers trying to get their excuses in early, we don't win we blame it on bamford missing
:lol:

Aye, you're right there MC :tup:

This guy has a habit of being unavailable when the going gets tough.

No big loss for me. I'd play Joseph, but we all know that won't happen. To be fair to Piroe he did ok in our last match.

But as a collective the team looks dispirited and jaded, I don't see us getting anything at Norwich regardless of Bamford being available, or unavailable.
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

Cjay wrote: Fri May 10, 2024 4:03 pm Rob Price had a patchy record before he arrived.

Maybe he is the issue?

Seems a recurring theme.
He does.
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

PB has always annoyed me how he cries off so easily, and at this vital time i'd expect a player to go thru the pain barrier for us.

' a bruised knee'

Fck me, you wouldn't want him at the side of you in the trenches............innit.
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek:

;@)
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

John in Louisiana wrote: Fri May 10, 2024 4:33 pm Agreed with you right up to the last statement.

We are John, I have no confidence in us even reaching the final let alone winning it.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

mentalcase wrote: Fri May 10, 2024 4:53 pm Notice the bamford lovers trying to get their excuses in early, we don't win we blame it on bamford missing
Not at all, Mental.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

White Riot wrote: Fri May 10, 2024 5:35 pm But as a collective the team looks dispirited and jaded
Nail on the head, James.
Bally
First Team
First Team

Post by Bally »

Hopefully Bamfords not seen in a Leeds shirt again
I’m expecting Leeds to get past Norwich and if it’s wba in the final beat them but not so confident if it’s Southampton
Broad Ford
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Broad Ford »

No Bamford, Gnonto nor Roberts.
If Rodon is carrying an injury we will need a big effort from James and Summerville to keep us in the game.

Amps really needs to move into midfield otherwise Norwich could dominate the middle and launch wave after wave of attacks and settle the tie in the first 45.

With the introduction of Cresswell, Byram and Joseph in a 4/4/2 formation a draw wouldn't be a bad start.
If you don't know where you are going, every road will get you nowhere.
billysboots
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by billysboots »

Bally wrote: Fri May 10, 2024 9:39 pm Hopefully Bamfords not seen in a Leeds shirt again
I’m expecting Leeds to get past Norwich and if it’s wba in the final beat them but not so confident if it’s Southampton
It’s time for Paddy to move on.
If he stays at Leeds, managers will be tempted to keep trying him again.
There Is Only One United.
DDB220
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by DDB220 »

Cjay wrote: Fri May 10, 2024 4:03 pm Rob Price had a patchy record before he arrived.

Maybe he is the issue?

Seems a recurring theme.
I blame the stewards and ball boys, on the basis that the forum is running out of options to scrutinise.

Are the stewards and ball boys slowing our build up play down if the ball goes out for a throw in or corner, they really do need to put a shift in and get the ball back to the players as if their lives depended on it.

The kit man has also been using the wrong fabric softener apparently.
Barlow Boy
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Barlow Boy »

DDB220 wrote: Sat May 11, 2024 10:08 am I blame the stewards and ball boys, on the basis that the forum is running out of options to scrutinise.

Are the stewards and ball boys slowing our build up play down if the ball goes out for a throw in or corner, they really do need to put a shift in and get the ball back to the players as if their lives depended on it.

Point of order mate, it’s ‘Ball Person’ now, not ‘Ball Boy’

I kid you not 🙄🙄🙄
Don’t cry because you said goodbye to your pet, smile because you said hello
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

DDB220 wrote: Sat May 11, 2024 10:08 am I blame the stewards and ball boys, on the basis that the forum is running out of options to scrutinise.

Try and keep up the league replaced the ball boys with cones right around the time of the International break.

Come to think of it that is when we turned to jelly...

More evidence of BIG FOOTBALL being down on the Yorkshire oiks in prefernce too the boutique clubs in the south ;-)
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa