The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Tuesday 7th May) Former Chelsea forward on Leeds radar

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Twitter: @EllandBack1

Breakfast Debate The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Tuesday 7th May) Former Chelsea forward on Leeds radar

Post by Ellandback1 »

Good Morning. It's Tuesday 7th May, and here are the latest headlines from Elland Road...

Former Chelsea forward on Leeds radar

Leeds are keeping close tabs on Fenerbahce centre-forward Michy Batshuayi, who is set to become a free agent this Summer, unless the Super Lig outfit can convince him otherwise!

The 30yo Belgium International has 27 goals to his name from 55 International experience. He joined Fenerbahce from Chelsea in the Summer of 2022 for €3m, having joined the Blues six years previously for €40m.

It is believed that Leeds would need to achieve promotion in order to tempt Batshuayi to ER. Scottish outfit Rangers have also been linked with him.

Leading bookies back Leeds to win play-offs

Leading bookmakers Bet365 have backed Leeds to finish the season in style, and win the Championship play-off's.

Despite their poor lack of recent form, and never having won the play off's (in five attempts), the betting conglomerate are predicting a Leeds v Southampton Wembley showdown, with the Whites fractionally favourites (6/4 v 13/8) to return to the Premier League. Norwich are 9/2 and West Brom 11/2.

Deano not a fan of pink kit

Former Whites and England striker Brian Deane has been speaking exclusively with the Breakfast Debate about Leeds controversial pink kit.

Bought up in Leeds, and having represented the club for six years (during two spells), during a time when crunching tackles and physical altercations were the norm, the now 56yo looks back at his time at Elland Road with fondness, and devotion.

Unsurprisingly, Deano has little time for the pink kit, even suggesting it may even have a psychological effect on the players, however minor; but with such fine margins in football, you want every advantage you can take.
"I know it's a different era, but if I was going out to war against the likes Keough, Adams and Sol Campbell you need something that is a true representation of the club."

It's not for me [pink kit], not the kind of thing I would like to be wearing. When you're talking about psychology, colours can make a difference in people's behaviour. There are fine margins in football. The smallest of things can make a big difference"

Chilli D
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Re: The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Tuesday 7th May) Former Chelsea forward on Leeds radar

Post by Chilli D »

Wasn't it Norwich who painted the away dressing room pink in order to make the opposition less fired up? Maybe the psychology behind it has some bearing?
The flowers of common sense do not grow in everyone's garden
Sean_Nile
First Team
First Team

Re: The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Tuesday 7th May) Former Chelsea forward on Leeds radar

Post by Sean_Nile »

I am appalled at the suggestion that wearing a pink strip would be harmful to the skills and playing abilities of the Leeds team and it is a disgrace even to suggest that the decision to have a pink strip falls into a Bud lite category, because our research has shown that the ideals that are most
foremost in in minds of the populace at the moment are Diversity Inclusivity and Equality or DIE.

Wearing pink in a traditionally masculine sport like football can be perilous due to the potential for backlash from teammates, coaches, and fans who adhere strictly to gender norms. In a hyper-masculine environment, diverging from the established uniform code may lead to ridicule, ostracization, or even harassment. The pressure to conform to rigid gender expectations can create an atmosphere where individuals feel compelled to suppress their personal expression, stifling diversity and inclusivity within the sport.

Moreover, donning pink in football could inadvertently reinforce harmful stereotypes about gender and athleticism, perpetuating the misconception that certain colors are inherently linked to specific genders. This narrow-minded thinking not only limits individual freedom but also undermines efforts to promote equality and diversity in sports. By associating pink with weakness or femininity within the context of football, athletes may inadvertently reinforce damaging gender biases, further marginalizing those who don't conform to traditional gender norms.

Ultimately, the dangers of wearing pink in a masculine sport like football extend beyond mere fashion choices; they underscore broader issues of gender conformity, discrimination, and inclusivity. Encouraging acceptance and embracing diversity within sports can help challenge outdated stereotypes and create a more inclusive environment where athletes are celebrated for their talents and character, regardless of the colors they choose to wear.

Sid Braithwaite (they/them)
Disgruntled of the Basingstoke Woke Massive
Last edited by Sean_Nile on Tue May 07, 2024 9:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
hector

Post by hector »

Chilli D wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 9:08 am Wasn't it Norwich who painted the away dressing room pink in order to make the opposition less fired up? Maybe the psychology behind it has some bearing?
That was Farke's brainchild
Finnatic
Manager
Manager

Post by Finnatic »

hector wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 9:41 am That was Farke's brainchild
We won 0-3 if I remember correctly
Orange Box
Manager
Manager

Post by Orange Box »

Of course, it’s the transfer window rumour mill season. Oh happy days.
WARNING: During game time, any post I make is not to be taken seriously, neither is it meant as offence. I'm a hot-blooded creature prone to moments of exasperation and expletive.
Orange Box
Manager
Manager

Post by Orange Box »

Sean_Nile wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 9:11 am I am appalled at the suggestion that wearing a pink strip would be harmful to the skills and playing abilities of the Leeds team and it is a disgrace even to suggest that the decision to have a pink strip falls into a Bud lite category, because our research has shown that the ideals that are most
foremost in in minds of the populace at the moment are Diversity Inclusivity and Equality or DIE.

Wearing pink in a traditionally masculine sport like football can be perilous due to the potential for backlash from teammates, coaches, and fans who adhere strictly to gender norms. In a hyper-masculine environment, diverging from the established uniform code may lead to ridicule, ostracization, or even harassment. The pressure to conform to rigid gender expectations can create an atmosphere where individuals feel compelled to suppress their personal expression, stifling diversity and inclusivity within the sport.

Moreover, donning pink in football could inadvertently reinforce harmful stereotypes about gender and athleticism, perpetuating the misconception that certain colors are inherently linked to specific genders. This narrow-minded thinking not only limits individual freedom but also undermines efforts to promote equality and diversity in sports. By associating pink with weakness or femininity within the context of football, athletes may inadvertently reinforce damaging gender biases, further marginalizing those who don't conform to traditional gender norms.

Ultimately, the dangers of wearing pink in a masculine sport like football extend beyond mere fashion choices; they underscore broader issues of gender conformity, discrimination, and inclusivity. Encouraging acceptance and embracing diversity within sports can help challenge outdated stereotypes and create a more inclusive environment where athletes are celebrated for their talents and character, regardless of the colors they choose to wear.

Sid Braithwaite (they/them)
Disgruntled of the Basingstoke Woke Massive
Dear they/them/those/these/all of you,

If you don’t mind me saying, with a load of non-genderized genitalia.

Ben Dover (Mrs)
WARNING: During game time, any post I make is not to be taken seriously, neither is it meant as offence. I'm a hot-blooded creature prone to moments of exasperation and expletive.
Clitheroe White
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Clitheroe White »

The only reason we're favourites is because more money will be going on Leeds than other clubs. Clearly people are betting based on trends / gut / league position but in reality it is guess work.

The only odds that matter right now.
We are 50/50 to win against Norwich
We are then 50/50 against whoever is in the final.

That's a 25% chance of going up.

Based on the odds I would put £5 on West Brom who have as good a chance as anyone right now - this is a mini tournament after all.

PS - I don't care which players we're going to supposedly sign - totally irrelevant until we know what league we're going to be in [Any chance you could stop sharing these rumours until we know what league we're in]

Minority opinion - I quite like the pink kit. It's bold, brave and individual.
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Ellandback1 »

Chilli D wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 9:08 am Wasn't it Norwich who painted the away dressing room pink in order to make the opposition less fired up? Maybe the psychology behind it has some bearing?
Yes, I was speaking to Brian about that too, but the recording cut out. Some clubs were that worried by a pink dressing room that some opposition coaches would get in early to paper over the walls
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

We beat them 3 nil that day.
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
Tom the Cat
Ballboy
Ballboy

Post by Tom the Cat »

Clitheroe White wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 10:42 am The only reason we're favourites is because more money will be going on Leeds than other clubs. Clearly people are betting based on trends / gut / league position but in reality it is guess work.

The only odds that matter right now.
We are 50/50 to win against Norwich
We are then 50/50 against whoever is in the final.

That's a 25% chance of going up.

Based on the odds I would put £5 on West Brom who have as good a chance as anyone right now - this is a mini tournament after all.

PS - I don't care which players we're going to supposedly sign - totally irrelevant until we know what league we're going to be in [Any chance you could stop sharing these rumours until we know what league we're in]

Minority opinion - I quite like the pink kit. It's bold, brave and individual.
Can you imagine what the likes of Bremner, Charlton and Hunter would have done if they were asked to play in pink !!
DDB220
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by DDB220 »

Tom the Cat wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 11:06 am Can you imagine what the likes of Bremner, Charlton and Hunter would have done if they were asked to play in pink !!
To be fair the yellow strip only came about due to all the cigarette smoke in the dressing room.
So if the pink strip was used by that 60/70’s team they would have walked out wearing something Peachy - happy days.
Sean_Nile
First Team
First Team

Post by Sean_Nile »

If it's good enough for our Kev at Hamburg, then it's good enough for us.
Screenshot_20240507-161419_DuckDuckGo.jpg
Sean_Nile
First Team
First Team

Post by Sean_Nile »

Messi in flamingo pink... the boy did alright
Screenshot_20240507-161948_DuckDuckGo.jpg
Sean_Nile
First Team
First Team

Post by Sean_Nile »

Screenshot_20240507-163028_DuckDuckGo.jpg
BALE and the Real Madrid team kitted out in pink.
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Ellandback1 »

The above teams you mention are quite flamboyant. Leeds is a working class City known for it's hardness. Pink and Leeds don't go together.
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Ellandback1 »

This is my favourite shirt

Sean_Nile
First Team
First Team

Post by Sean_Nile »

Ellandback1 wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 2:16 pm The above teams you mention are quite flamboyant. Leeds is a working class City known for it's hardness. Pink and Leeds don't go together.
You know in the past I have trashed the candy floss pink barbie strip, but it is just as easy to take the opposite view.

You do realise that gender based article was written from from an ultra woke point of view and in no way represent my views on the subject.

The arguments were way over the top and bordering on the ludicrous and absurd, and no arguments can be made those assertions for fear that what you say may be construed as hate speech... pink strips the cross of St George on the Nike strip both gender affirming... whatever that means.

That is the subliminal message.
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

IMG_9122.jpeg
I wondered if a pink mug would result in a namby pamby wishy washy tea.
No it makes no difference. Same with a football player. I mean some of them wear gloves & hairbands…
BlancdeBlanc
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by BlancdeBlanc »

Pink used to be associated with boy children, due to its connection to hunting pinks and military uniforms - boys were little men and pink was seen as a little red. Pale blue was deemed a girly colour, largely due to its association with the Virgin Mary / Madonna and her blue robes. Every day is a school day. Bring back the yellow.