Southampton post match discussion

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Re: Southampton post match discussion

Post by Jaydog »

Sean_Nile wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 6:50 pm If you play a wrong note then it is a mistake if you play it twice in quick succession that's JAZZ.

And as an analogy if you keep playing football games the same way an losing that's relegation.
Would you rather be stuck in a lift with jazz playing or several people from MOT. Or MET as I call it now. Making Excuses Together.
60sUnited
First Team
First Team

Post by 60sUnited »

Kennyb41 wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 4:34 pm Thanks for an absolutely fantastic season and effort DF, that's by no means over yet.

You've had me glued from matchday 1 and have started your work excellently.

You are singlehandedly sifting thru the mess you inherited, none of the owners will have any idea of what it takes to run a 'football' club, players, wages, loans, transfers and staff. You brought us to within a whisper of automatic promotion with a barely believable threadbare squad and your signings have for the best part been near enough for the Championship.

You have made excellent use of some garbage and you seem to have a very wise head on your shoulders, and also an eye for youthful talent and the not so talented youth.

I look forward to you being in charge next year come what may, and hope you and your staff can find some gems in the market again to aid your cause.

Best of luck in the play offs, it's been quite a ride come what may, I for one hope you get the reward you deserve in them, along with the players :tup:

Fingers crossed anorl that, you deserve a touch of luck :ok:
Well said Kenny ! I know we are Leeds United but we haven't got a divine right to success !! There are only probably a dozen decent managers in the EFL and we've got one of them......the players on mega bucks need to step up....bollocks to all this tired and burnt out shite, if you can't hack it then you shouldn't be a pro footballer.....sick to death of the excuses... especially the International Break crap....let's not forget this is their job !!!
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

Jaydog wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 6:43 pm No I actually think we’ll get past Norwich but I wouldn’t fancy us beating either of WBA or Soton
My logic is that if we were to get past Norwich it would be on the basis that we have had success putting right the issues affecting the performances, if that is the case we can beat anybody in a one off.
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

hector wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 4:43 pm You were on here, about 8 or so years ago.... I know because I nominated you and Adam pm'd you.... you turned it down.
Also there have been several calls to the forum as a whole asking for volunteers.
Really don’t recall that tbh, my apologies if true. I’d be a bad mod though I’m not a committee person, but that has nothing to do with having an opinion about locking threads or multiple match day threads.

I was rightly annoyed that a long reply was wiped out again…
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Sean_Nile
First Team
First Team

Post by Sean_Nile »

Jaydog wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 7:02 pm Would you rather be stuck in a lift with jazz playing or several people from MOT. Or MET as I call it now. Making Excuses Together.
I thought a better name would be MEH
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

Irish Ian wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 7:12 pm My logic is that if we were to get past Norwich it would be on the basis that we have had success putting right the issues affecting the performances, if that is the case we can beat anybody in a one off.
Fair enough but I’m just basing it on the fact that Farke has 1 point from four games v WBA & Soton and 6 against Norwich.
Of course it’s a one off so we’ll see.
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

Jaydog wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 7:01 pm No WR I am very confident v Norwich. Absolutely no bother.
That's it Jay :tup:

Keep the faith mate 💪
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

I’d hate to live in East Anglia if Norwich and Ipswich are promoted
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Jaydog wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 7:25 pm Fair enough but I’m just basing it on the fact that Farke has 1 point from four games v WBA & Soton and 6 against Norwich.
Of course it’s a one off so we’ll see.
Then we’re due against Soton and WBA and Norwich are due against us
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

The Subhuman wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 7:31 pm Then we’re due against Soton and WBA and Norwich are due against us
This is a tactical issue. We look very unconvincing v those 2. That’s a managerial battle to a large extent. And we’ve been losing it.
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

The Subhuman wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 7:29 pm I’d hate to live in East Anglia if Norwich and Ipswich are promoted
I’m not sure it changes the landscape too much.
I’m not looking to move anyway.
Went for a wander this evening to get a few beers and didn’t see any sign of it. No flags out of windows. No mention of it in the shop. Funnily enough a spear did whistle past my ear and I heard a noise that I can only describe as like knuckles being dragged on tarmac
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Lol
Johnthewhite
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Johnthewhite »

If we were to beat Norwich next Sunday 0-1 that would spell real trouble.
Beat them home & away in the league, then go one nil up after the first leg of the play-off semi, ring any bell's ?
DERBY allover again 😬😬
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

Sean_Nile wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 7:24 pm I thought a better name would be MEH
I like the name but what does it stand for?
Marching Entirely Happy
Best I can do.
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

Johnthewhite wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 7:42 pm If we were to beat Norwich next Sunday 0-1 that would spell real trouble.
Beat them home & away in the league, then go one nil up after the first leg of the play-off semi, ring any bell's ?
DERBY allover again 😬😬
Dont haha
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
Mick Jones shoulder
Manager
Manager

Post by Mick Jones shoulder »

I assume we carried on where we left off ? Crap!
Gave it a miss today could only see it going one way unfortunately.
Barlow Boy
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Barlow Boy »

Johnthewhite wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 7:42 pm If we were to beat Norwich next Sunday 0-1 that would spell real trouble.
DERBY allover again 😬😬
In all the years I’ve been going to ER, that Derby Play Off semi final was one of the best games I’ve been to, what a night that was (despite the result)
Don’t cry because you said goodbye to your pet, smile because you said hello
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

SG90 wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 1:55 pm Our own fault for signing so many Welsh players. There were also chances for Ampadu and Rodon to be rested, but they never were.
The trouble is that the opportunities to rest them were when we were chasing and where a bad result would have potentially ended our top 2 hopes a long time ago. We have not had the luxury of being able to play a weakkened side where the result didn't matter. Leiccester and Ipswich could as they had such a big lead that a bad result wasn't the disaster it would have been for us.

I do think having to play every match like our season depended on it has caught up with us. Hopefully we can somehow recharge the batteries and go again.
pandagirl
Ballboy
Ballboy

Post by pandagirl »

Hi ill just say my quote again earlier as i wrote a long post that went on for a while, and i think people missed it
would be interesting to know peoples take on it

`
Look at teams like Hull and Huddersfield, and Blackburn, teams who couldnt hit a barn door but totally nullify our threat and look world class against us, and then lose the next week against another team with no fight.

Why is it happening? how are they all so good against us.

It comes down to one thing

Farke`s blueprint has been figured out, so the through balls, crosses, attempts to play down the wings or through the middle, its always cut out, easily, like the teams are one step ahead of us.

`
PS the worst thing is elland road till 4 weeks ago was a fortress, now its like a candy store for opposition
Johnthewhite
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Johnthewhite »

Barlow Boy wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 7:57 pm In all the years I’ve been going to ER, that Derby Play Off semi final was one of the best games I’ve been to, what a night that was (despite the result)
Yes, with you on that one mate, remember the crowd noise when they came out, made the hairs on the back of my neck stand up, it was very special indeed.