The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Thursday 2nd May) Should Leeds go for broke on Saturday

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
pjm2019
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Re: The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Thursday 2nd May) Should Leeds go for broke on Saturday

Post by pjm2019 »

1964white wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 10:29 am But, Rodon & Ampadu are our most in-form players, the only two who have been consistently good all season.

Bearing in mind Coops has hardly played & Charlie hasn't had a sniff, would you consider those two as our strongest in-form players?
Rondon looked shot against QPR and needs a rest. Amp needs to play in his best position Midfield. Coopers last ever game for LUFC so he we be on it and Cresswell had a great season at Millwall so yes that the first 2 changes i would make to the starting 11
John in Louisiana
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Re: The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Thursday 2nd May) Should Leeds go for broke on Saturday

Post by John in Louisiana »

In the immortal words of New York Jets coach Herman Edwards, you play to win the game.

As long as we have a chance of going up, we have to play our best eleven. There's a full week between Saturday's game and the start of the playoff, so rest shouldn't be an issue.

If Ipswich are up two or more at halftime we can take key players off the pitch to avoid injury, but we have to field the squad that gives us the best chance of winning so long as there's a chance.

Hopefully we gain promotion in one way or another so that the question of how much we get for Summerville is moot.
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

All this jiggery pokery is doing my head in.
Before it was the continual obsessing about what if team A does this and team B does that blah blah blah.
Now it’s what we will do Saturday if Ipswich do this or do that. What if Ipswich are 3-0 up at HT and we are 1-0 down and in the 2nd half we come back to win 3-1 and Udders turn in to prime Brazil and miraculously win 4-3. But that didn’t happen because you changed the team at HT you daft twats.
Overman
Manager
Manager

Post by Overman »

It doesn't really matter who we start with so we may as well give the U18's a run out.
whiteinfrance
First Team
First Team

Post by whiteinfrance »

NEGATIVE NEGATIVE NEGATIVE - so many on here who would be good company in the pub :lol:
Allez les Blancs , Les Paons
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

We have to go for the win full stop, unsure what Fqrke thinks that team looks like but I'd assume it will be as few changes as possible, if we don't and play a rested team and Hudds win we're gonna look like numpties
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

The Subhuman wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 5:08 pm We have to go for the win full stop, unsure what Fqrke thinks that team looks like but I'd assume it will be as few changes as possible, if we don't and play a rested team and Hudds win we're gonna look like numpties
I say, language Timothy.
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

whiteinfrance wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 4:41 pm NEGATIVE NEGATIVE NEGATIVE - so many on here who would be good company in the pub :lol:
Well said Brian 👍🏼
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

The Subhuman wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 5:08 pm We have to go for the win full stop, unsure what Fqrke thinks that team looks like but I'd assume it will be as few changes as possible, if we don't and play a rested team and Hudds win we're gonna look like c**ts
Just gotta put our strongest team out and win the match. Then we've done our bit. Ipswich didn't buckle in their last two matches and they only need a point. But, you never know, Hudders could spawn a couple of goals from penalties, deflections, own goals and the way Morsi is he could quite easily get himself sent off.

Clutching at straws, but that's all that's left now.
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

I didn't think DF's presser was that bad.

But tbh I really couldn't care less what any of our coaches do in pressers.

It's performances on the pitch and results that matter more than a load of hot air.

If DF and the players get promotion, by whatever means, then I'm good.

If they don't then they have failed.
WhiteRose
First Team
First Team

Post by WhiteRose »

Irish Ian wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 2:30 pm I know, but we have 5 subs we can bring on if the situation warrants it.

Id rather we lost the battle but won the war.

Ipswich wont lose on Saturday.

Even if it takes them banging in an equaliser in the 98th minute
It’s only 17/1 for Leeds and Huddersfield to win, you never know - I’ll be having a flutter
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

pjm2019 wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 2:58 pm Rondon looked shot against QPR and needs a rest. Amp needs to play in his best position Midfield. Coopers last ever game for LUFC so he we be on it and Cresswell had a great season at Millwall so yes that the first 2 changes i would make to the starting 11
You didn't see half the game. :roll:

Tell me, how many defensive headers/clearances/tackles, runs into their half, excellent passes did Rodon make?

If you give me the right answers, there may be some credence to your opinion. I doubt it, as you can't even spell Joe's surname correctly.

I have no interest reading hysterical comments just because we suffered a heavy defeat.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

White Riot wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 5:45 pm Just gotta put our strongest team out and win the match. Then we've done our bit. Ipswich didn't buckle in their last two matches and they only need a point. But, you never know, Hudders could spawn a couple of goals from penalties, deflections, own goals and the way Morsi is he could quite easily get himself sent off.

I truly hope you are right, James.
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

1964white wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 6:44 pm You didn't see half the game. :roll:

Tell me, how many defensive headers/clearances/tackles, runs into their half, excellent passes did Rodon make?

If you give me the right answers, there may be some credence to your opinion. I doubt it, as you can't even spell Joe's surname correctly.

I have no interest reading hysterical comments just because we suffered a heavy defeat.
👍🏼
No point criticising the team for lack of application if you can’t be arsed to watch the whole game. That’s like leaving the ground early.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Jaydog wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 7:07 pm 👍🏼
No point criticising the team for lack of application if you can’t be arsed to watch the whole game. That’s like leaving the ground early.
Indeed Jay.
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

White Riot wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 5:45 pm Just gotta put our strongest team out and win the match. Then we've done our bit. Ipswich didn't buckle in their last two matches and they only need a point. But, you never know, Hudders could spawn a couple of goals from penalties, deflections, own goals and the way Morsi is he could quite easily get himself sent off.

Also worth noting that in the reverse fixture it was a 1-1 draw with Ipswich, as per usual, scoring a late goal to earn a a point (87th minute). At the time Ipswich were flying having won 7 out of their opening 8 matches (the only defeat being a loss at home to Leeds). Huddersfield were hovering just above the relegation zone.
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

weasel wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 7:46 pm Also worth noting that in the reverse fixture it was a 1-1 draw with Ipswich, as per usual, scoring a late goal to earn a a point (87th minute). At the time Ipswich were flying having won 7 out of their opening 8 matches (the only defeat being a loss at home to Leeds). Huddersfield were hovering just above the relegation zone.
Not the same though is it. If Udders concede early they’ll fold as in reality they have nothing to play for as opposed to earlier in the season.
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by andrewjohnsmith »

Been said several times already. We have to field our strongest line up and play to win. Imagine the uproar if we didn't and Ipswich lost.
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Jaydog wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 7:53 pm Not the same though is it. If Udders concede early they’ll fold as in reality they have nothing to play for as opposed to earlier in the season.
No match is the same, different players, different pitch, different officials, different kits. Two things likely to be the same are the size of the goals and the type of ball used and that my under endowed friend could be key. If they started using a cricket ball then the integrity of the game would surely be called into question - is that what you want? Clearly it is and that is why Sir i, and with no offence at all intended, suggest wholeheartedly that you are a buffoon.

You may as well just switch the ball to a balloon, is that what you want?

Huddersfield to win 4-3 and us to win 2-1 after scoring from the rebound from a saved penalty kick deep into injury time. We're going up like that balloon would if it was filled with helium.
Sean_Nile
First Team
First Team

Post by Sean_Nile »

weasel wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 10:41 pm No match is the same, different players, different pitch, different officials, different kits. Two things likely to be the same are the size of the goals and the type of ball used and that my under endowed friend could be key. If they started using a cricket ball then the integrity of the game would surely be called into question - is that what you want? Clearly it is and that is why Sir i, and with no offence at all intended, suggest wholeheartedly that you are a buffoon.

You may as well just switch the ball to a balloon, is that what you want?

Huddersfield to win 4-3 and us to win 2-1 after scoring from the rebound from a saved penalty kick deep into injury time. We're going up like that balloon would if it was filled with helium.
I do love a good analogy.