The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Thursday 28th March) Surgery rules duo out for remainder of season

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Twitter: @EllandBack1

Breakfast Debate The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Thursday 28th March) Surgery rules duo out for remainder of season

Post by Ellandback1 »

Good Morning. It's Thursday 28th March, and here are the latest headlines from Elland Road...

Surgery rules duo out for remainder of season

Pascal Struijk and Darko Gyabi's respective seasons are over after it was revealed that both have now undergone groin surgery. Recovery times for groin surgery can take months, and in order to get them back to full fitness by pre-season, the decision was made, not to wait until the Summer!

Gyabi only joined Plymouth Argyle on loan in January after dropping down the pecking order at Elland Road. He was able though to hit the ground running, recording a credible 6.72 'Whoscored' rating, placing him sixth in the Pilgrim's rankings. Struijk has had a much better campaign, compared to his last couple, and was entrusted with the Captains armband as a result. He managed 23 starts (from all competitions) before his season was cut short at the 2-1 defeat at Deepdale on Boxing Day.

End of a dynasty for Dallas

Stuart Dallas is doing everything possible to get back to full fitness by the end of the season following his (almost) two year injury hell! The versatile 32 yearo ld (33 next month) suffered a femoral fracture when trying to nobble Jack Grealish, but came off much worse, and was stretchered off the pitch in agony. In his pre match press conference yesterday, Farke described Dallas as a Leeds legend, who will get all the time and support he needs for his recovery, but admits he's not getting any younger, suggesting his time is up at the end of the season.Even if they have to wheel him out on the final game of the season during injury time, it would be great to see him get his 250th cap! According to Dallas:

I hope I can. I’m still a bit away from that yet. It’s been a frustrating couple of years for me. The aim is to get back before the end of the season. Whether that happens or not we don’t know but I’m working as hard as I can and if that means being available in the summer, I hope so. At the minute we’re taking one day at a time and we’ll see where that takes me.

They’ve been difficult, there’s no getting away from it. It’s been a tough road. At times a lonely road but I’ve got good support around me. My family have been brilliant. My wife, I must give her special credit, because she’s had to put up with a lot. It’s been difficult but I can’t feel sorry for myself. Nobody is going to do my rehab for me. I’ve got to do it myself and I’ll get there in the end.

What would be the best outcome for Leeds

Southampton travel to Portman Road on Monday (late) afternoon hoping to get their automatic promotion bid back on track. The Saints face ten games in 37 days starting tomorrow with a home match against Boro. They face trips to Leicester and of course Leeds (on the final day of the season) and are currently nine points below the Whites, but have two games in hand. Ipswich Town have tricky fixtures of their own. Norwich, Hull, Coventry and Preston are all fighting for play-off places whilst Huddersfield may need points on the last game of the season to keep them up.

What would be the best outcome for Leeds on Monday when Southampton visit Ipswich?

Sean_Nile
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Re: The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Thursday 28th March) Surgery rules duo out for remainder of season

Post by Sean_Nile »

A draw would be the best result between Southampton and Ipswich, it would give both teams the impression they are stuck in a quagmire, and their charge to the top is once more faltering, that lady luck no longer is smiling apon them, that the football gods have forsaken them, anything to discourage them, remove hope, make them despondent that despite their best efforts success will elude them.
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Re: The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Thursday 28th March) Surgery rules duo out for remainder of season

Post by Jaydog »

Sean_Nile wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:11 am A draw would be the best result between Southampton and Ipswich, it would give both teams the impression they are stuck in a quagmire, and their charge to the top is once more faltering, that lady luck no longer is smiling apon them, that the football gods have forsaken them, anything to discourage them, remove hope, make them despondent that despite their best efforts success will elude them.
Do you think if they draw people might suggest that Ipswich are fading?
Sean_Nile
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Sean_Nile »

Jaydog wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:12 am Do you think if they draw people might suggest that Ipswich are fading?
Fading is a social construct, and is a concept that exists not in objective reality, but as a result of human interaction. It exists because humans agree that it exists.

So if enough football fans agree that Ipswich are fading or about to fade, this does not change the fact that Ipswich might identify as league champions. Winning the league is a social construct based on humans assigning 3 points for a win and whoever gets the most points at the end of the season by mutual accord become the champions.

But any team can identify as being the champions based on how they have played and how their fans perceive them. In primary school sports there are no losers... everyones a winner and that no lie.
Chilli D
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Chilli D »

Jaydog wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:12 am Do you think if they draw people might suggest that Ipswich are fading?
On here they will 🤣
The flowers of common sense do not grow in everyone's garden
Chilli D
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Chilli D »

A draw between Ipswich and Southampton is definitely the best result so they both drop points but failing that, a Southampton win.

Disappointing for Pascal that his season is over but its the right decision to get it sorted now once and for all. We will need him next season whatever league we are in.

Likewise for Gyabi who was doing well for Plymouth by all accounts. If we get promoted, I expect he will go back out on loan again next season.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Pascal is a class CB ... we can certainly manage this season without him. But should be a key member next season. I know he's prem class.

I also rate Gyabi highly too, there's definitely something Patrick Vierra about him. I'd keep him for the first team squad next season as a whomever/Kamara/Gruev back up. I think that 8 position will need to be looked at the next level
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
WhiteRose
First Team
First Team

Post by WhiteRose »

I’d always say a draw is best when rivals play but I’d probably rather Southampton won this game, i can see them dropping more points over the next few weeks so any loss for Ipswich is good. I do however expect Ipswich to win both games this weekend, it’s inevitable.
mentalcase

Post by mentalcase »

Morning all.
Shame about Pascal & Darko (nope, not being racist ) Pascal was bang on form and Darko needed the game time elsewhere, hopefully Pascal will be back in contention with a full pre-season behind him, Darko will be on loan again I presume.

Sturt Dallas, such rotten luck in the peak of his career, hopefully he gets some game time before he retires, lovely bloke off the pitch to boot.

A draw for me between saints v ipswich.
Main thing is, we keep winning.
"Critics are men that watch a battle from a high place, then come down and shoot the survivors"
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Saints win for me btw .... a draw would be the right result if we lose though
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Hoping for a bloodbath and red card frenzy in the hardfought out draw between Saints and Ipswich. Not overly bothered, a win for Ipswich really piles the pressure on Leicester, whereas if Ipswich lose the pressure on Leicester eases. I do think that Leicester, out of the top 3, are most likely to crack under the pressure, but if either Leeds or Ipswich falter then the pressue goes off them - as such Ipswich winning isn't the worst result. A Southampton win keeps them in contention and gives them their mojo back. A draw isn't too bad for Ipswich, although it lessens the pressure on Leicester but a draw for Southampton means the gap has hardly closed and they have a game less to make up the difference.
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

weasel wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:24 am Hoping for a bloodbath and red card frenzy in the hardfought out draw between Saints and Ipswich. Not overly bothered, a win for Ipswich really piles the pressure on Leicester, whereas if Ipswich lose the pressure on Leicester eases. I do think that Leicester, out of the top 3, are most likely to crack under the pressure, but if either Leeds or Ipswich falter then the pressue goes off them - as such Ipswich winning isn't the worst result. A Southampton win keeps them in contention and gives them their mojo back. A draw isn't too bad for Ipswich, although it lessens the pressure on Leicester but a draw for Southampton means the gap has hardly closed and they have a game less to make up the difference.
Had a roofer round this morning. He turned up with a Leeds tracky top on so I said forget the roofing problem do you think Ipswich will fade. He said they’re leaving it very late if they are going to.
There you go. Roofers know stuff. He also said my flashing was badly faded and needed replacing.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Jaydog wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:28 am Had a roofer round this morning. He turned up with a Leeds tracky top on so I said forget the roofing problem do you think Ipswich will fade. He said they’re leaving it very late if they are going to.
There you go. Roofers know stuff. He also said my flashing was badly faded and needed replacing.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

1964white wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:30 am :lol: :lol: :lol:
Was a nice bloke. He talked about going to see a friendly at the start of Bielsa’s reign. Was it Southend??
He was stunned. He said anyone who could get Ayling & Phillips to pass a ball further than 5 metres must be a genius 😁
Chilli D
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Chilli D »

Jaydog wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:36 am Was a nice bloke. He talked about going to see a friendly at the start of Bielsa’s reign. Was it Southend??
He was stunned. He said anyone who could get Ayling & Phillips to pass a ball further than 5 metres must be a genius 😁
I was at the Southend v Leeds game when we were in League 1. Sat right behind the goal with the home supporters. The stand only has about 7 rows. We lost 1-0. Had to park about 2 miles from the ground and missed the start. It was pissing down as well. Not a good evening.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Jaydog wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:36 am Was a nice bloke. He talked about going to see a friendly at the start of Bielsa’s reign. Was it Southend??
Marcelo was a miracle worker.

I couldn't believe what I was watching in Bielsa's first league game against Stoke.
mentalcase

Post by mentalcase »

Jaydog wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:28 am Had a roofer round this morning. He turned up with a Leeds tracky top on so I said forget the roofing problem do you think Ipswich will fade. He said they’re leaving it very late if they are going to.
Flashing to a roofer, whatever next, mooning in marks & sparks !!
"Critics are men that watch a battle from a high place, then come down and shoot the survivors"
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

Chilli D wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:55 am I was at the Southend v Leeds game when we were in League 1. Sat right behind the goal with the home supporters. The stand only has about 7 rows. We lost 1-0. Had to park about 2 miles from the ground and missed the start. It was pissing down as well. Not a good evening.
Colchester was equally bad. We had a big lump at CB, forget his name. Michalik was it. We scored first but there was an inevitable outcome. Cureton scored in added on time to send us in to the relegation zone.
Under Denis Wise if i remember correctly
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Ellandback1 »

1964white wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:58 am Marcelo was a miracle worker.

I couldn't believe what I was watching in Bielsa's first league game against Stoke.
Stoke were really poor that game tbh...
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Ellandback1 »

Jaydog wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:16 pm Colchester was equally bad. We had a big lump at CB, forget his name. Michalik was it. We scored first but there was an inevitable outcome. Cureton scored in added on time to send us in to the relegation zone.
Under Denis Wise if i remember correctly
Michalik was great, until we signed him on a permanent basis