Plymouth Argyle v Leeds Utd Match Thread

Archive for all MOT match day threads including match previews, in game chat, reports and ratings.
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Re: Plymouth Argyle v Leeds Utd Match Thread

Post by Kennyb41 »

1964white wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 5:01 pm My post immediately after the game.

Farke spotted the problem moving Piroe into the No.10 role & pushing Rutter forward who continuously lost possession putting us on the back foot

Georginio went from villain to hero.

SKY having a laugh, giving the man of the match to Rutter.

Gnonto was our best forward.

Summerville had a stinker.
Thas only reet again Sid, be bloody careful, it's becoming routine for thi :tup:
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek:

;@)
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

JoeDenver wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 5:06 pm I think many are in agreement on this. Piroe is a puzzle. Just doesn’t seem to be the ideal fit for Farke’s system…which is why a fit Paddy is first choice for us.
I'll tell thee why Joe later.

Just let the 3 stooges spew there shite case for first :sick:

Oooops, i think they already have - Lets see if they can add to it after DF's demolition job on em today :)
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek:

;@)
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

1964white wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 4:47 pm What did I say would happen without Bamford?
More to the point, what did i say would happen with.

;@)
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

JoeDenver wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 4:49 pm I’ll try and keep quiet :)

He truly is a 9.5…a replacement for both Rutter and Bamford. But plays more effectively as a 10 when playing with either of them. But Piroe played more as a 9 last match. I empathize with Farke on the Piroe situation as I’m sure he finds him to be a conundrum.
A 10.5 even, but more later.

;@)
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

JoeDenver wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 4:49 pm I’ll try and keep quiet :)

He truly is a 9.5…a replacement for both Rutter and Bamford. But plays more effectively as a 10 when playing with either of them. But Piroe played more as a 9 last match. I empathize with Farke on the Piroe situation as I’m sure he finds him to be a conundrum.
Hey ! An 8.5 might work, but let's hope PB's ok soon, then he can go back to 11.5.

;@)
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Thought it was our best win of the season, tough away game against a side with an excellent home record who'd be up for it, and especially with the pressure on after Saints won. We can't win every game 4-0. Don't agree we were poor, just had a tough match, credit to Plymouth. Surprised at Rutter being motm, apart the goal, he really struggled and lost possession countless times. Ampadu was head and shoulders motm today. Two lovely goals as well, great first touch from Gnonto and great finish from Geo and lovely pass from Piroe.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

1964white wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 4:47 pm What did I say would happen without Bamford?
Actually a quieter game for Gruev. Piroe was very good, maybe his best for a while and in the 9 as well as the 10. The switch was made to give Geo more room and remove his markers, make Plymouth rethink their tactics but he needs to start as the 10,
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

Think Willys touch is intentional for his goal. From the last angle on Sky it’s clear. Scuffed finish. Maybe. Good habit though.
DDB220
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by DDB220 »

Gruev did an amazing job tracking a runner and getting in front of him goalside and not letting him have a sniff when the ball was fizzed across the 6 yard box, I think it was their first meaningful attack , it may have been after Rodon was given a hospital pass by Kamara and when he tried to pass to Archie the ball was was cut out. It was a key moment in the game for me.

Personally, I thought Firpo got in Summerville’s way on a couple of occasions, Plymouth really tried to restrict Summerville’s movement and when he was trying to find room Firpo was also trying to occupy the same space. The left side was disjointed for a lot of the game, it was a game which would have suited Byram more IMO.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

The Subhuman wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 6:00 pm Actually a quieter game for Gruev. Piroe was very good, maybe his best for a while and in the 9 as well as the 10. The switch was made to give Geo more room and remove his markers, make Plymouth rethink their tactics but he needs to start as the 10,
We had to defend more today because the ball kept coming back to us, as I implied on the first post of this thread.

Our pressing was more or less non-existent at times.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

1964white wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 6:18 pm We had to defend more today because the ball kept coming back to us, as I implied on the first post of this thread.

Our pressing was more or less non-existent at times.
We had to defend more today because Plymouth can play football and did.... The lack of press will come down to Farke, he's played no/little press away from home before ....
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by andrewjohnsmith »

SG90 wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 5:40 pm Thought it was our best win of the season, tough away game against a side with an excellent home record who'd be up for it, and especially with the pressure on after Saints won. We can't win every game 4-0. Don't agree we were poor, just had a tough match, credit to Plymouth. Surprised at Rutter being motm, apart the goal, he really struggled and lost possession countless times. Ampadu was head and shoulders motm today. Two lovely goals as well, great first touch from Gnonto and great finish from Geo and lovely pass from Piroe.
Maybe gave him the assist on the first too. So involved in both goals. I kind of thought that was a lucky blind hit and hope on the assist. But then again, Rutter has amazed us a few times with his vision and passing range.

But I also thought there were several better players on the pitch. Stats always favour goals too heavily.
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

1964white wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 2:40 pm Gnonto, Kamara, Ampadu & Rodon brilliant today
Rodon wasn't. Made 2 mistakes that almost cost us today.

I'll put it down to tiredness, same as Jimmy.
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

So what would the score have been if Bamford played and what chances would he have scored? :roll: Cause I only remember 4, and we scored 2 and hit the woodwork twice with the other two.

We didn't create much, as Plymouth played well and had a go, rather than stick 11 men behind the ball and spoil the game.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Last 8 games We've picked up

5 on Southampton
7 on Norwich
8 on Leicester
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

Jaydog wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 6:12 pm Think Willys touch is intentional for his goal. From the last angle on Sky it’s clear. Scuffed finish. Maybe. Good habit though.
What the first touch ? is it bollocks, i've only seen it once, we'll wait for the highlights.

But he tries to shape up like he's gonna bring that under control but toes it forward, now if you mean he meant to do that, well, that's Messi play that is.

And no he didn't.

;@)
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

SG90 wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 6:36 pm So what would the score have been if Bamford played and what chances would he have scored? :roll: Cause I only remember 4, and we scored 2 and hit the woodwork twice with the other two.

We didn't create much, as Plymouth played well and had a go, rather than stick 11 men behind the ball and spoil the game.
Probably 1-0 maybe 1-1
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

Kennyb41 wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 6:40 pm What the first touch ? is it bollocks, i've only seen it once, we'll wait for the highlights.

But he tries to shape up like he's gonna bring that under control but toes it forward, now if you mean he meant to do that, well, that's Messi play that is.

And no he didn't.
Watch Sky goals highlights Kenny.
The last angle is the one that makes it look like he intends to do it. I agree otherwise
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

Ermmm, well, if we're going 'probably' and 'maybe'

probably 4-0 maybe 3-0 PB hat trick

;@)
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

Jaydog wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 6:42 pm Watch Sky goals highlights Kenny.
The last angle is the one that makes it look like he intends to do it. I agree otherwise
I'll have to wait till they appear here

;@)