Anyone else losing the faith

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
pjm2019
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Anyone else losing the faith

Post by pjm2019 »

Another bad result yesterday. We may be 3rd in the league at the moment but fed up with DF plan A: Play the same 11 each week, playing players in the wrong position and bringing on subs far too late. IF DF and the board know what their doing we need a number of quality players to be brought in on the 1st Jan. This current squad is clearly not good enough for a top 2 finish and if we do nothing in early in the Jan transfer window a top 6 looks difficult
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Re: anyone else losing the faith

Post by 1964white »

Any more gifts we hand out like Santa Claus this Christmas, the dreaded play-offs are the best we can hope for come the end of the season.

We've been poor/average in 10 of our 22 games, that is not automatic promotion form.

We haven't had lots of injuries, yet.

Spence & Byram are the only two, we miss Sam though.
BradWhite
First Team
First Team

Re: anyone else losing the faith

Post by BradWhite »

pjm2019 wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2023 10:46 am Another bad result yesterday. We may be 3rd in the league at the moment but fed up with DF plan A: Play the same 11 each week, playing players in the wrong position and bringing on subs far too late. IF DF and the board know what their doing we need a number of quality players to be brought in on the 1st Jan. This current squad is clearly not good enough for a top 2 finish and if we do nothing in early in the Jan transfer window a top 6 looks difficult
Well we didn't lose but 2 points dropped because of poor defending is a problem and has been for aeons.
I doubt they'll be many new additions in the coming window, possibly a couple to strengthen at the back.

It is a difficult league to get out of but there is a long way to go yet, we will get top 6, though I do fear the play offs.
mentalcase

Re: Anyone else losing the faith

Post by mentalcase »

Not losing the faith as such, but we were once again well short of ideas yesterday, all DF does with his subs is bring on the cavalry without any ammunition, passing around another 100 or passes before releasing a poor ball to a winger who just cuts inside and we start the whole process again isn't what the championship needs, coventry were boring the first 60 minutes, but then they smelt the weakness of a team who simply don't know what to do, they could have won it, we could have had 25 minutes added time, it wouldn't have mattered one bit, we are clueless at opening low block teams, it's been a dreadful week for us and things need to change, do I think they will, NO, we are ever reliant on the opposition falling into our game plan, we have no plan B at all.
"Critics are men that watch a battle from a high place, then come down and shoot the survivors"
PhoenixUnited
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by PhoenixUnited »

No. It is a marathon not a sprint
Keep The Faith MOT WAL
Wes Lee Street
Ballboy
Ballboy

Post by Wes Lee Street »

If this was a normal season there would be a pack of teams chasing Leicester. They started with a strong squad and looked a good bet to win the league. We would be in the chasing pack, even after our disastrous start and contractual mess, which was not the fault of Farke.

But this is not a normal season. The run that Ipswich have had is truly freakish. For a promoted League 1 side this run looked impossible before the season started. So that factor is dominating everything. They win even when they make 5 changes. We could have James, Summerville, Rutter, in electrifying form, most weeks, and still end the season 2 points behind Ipswich.

pjm2019 wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2023 10:46 am Anyone else losing the faith
I feel disappointed because I don't understand what is inside Farke's head. Spence has to be at Right Back. That means improvising at Left Back until the return of Shackleton , and then Byram. Gray is an outstanding creative talent in midfield and should be used there. (Rotation or 3 in midfield. Needs it's own thread).

I think the 49ers are very serious and very, very demanding. They will be asking every question that will be asked on this thread. They will be asking if the late substitutions are an indicatation of reckless panic. And they will be asking if Ampadu is now running on fumes. But if Ipswich keep winning, there is nothing that the owners can do. If they keep faith with Farke - or if they replace Farke - the only strategy is then for our post January squad to hit peak form for the final 3 games of this season.

If Ipswich keep winning.
Chilli D
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Chilli D »

Losing faith when sitting third behind two teams on an extraordinary run? I don't think so.
It's not Farke's fault that we could have had a hatfull yesterday but were let down by poor finishing.
What I will say though is that having 6 attacking players on at the same time doesn't work, they just end up getting in each others way. Plus, the likes of Ampadu and Kamara need to brave enough to have a shot from outside the box.
The flowers of common sense do not grow in everyone's garden
GreennWhite
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by GreennWhite »

Christ Almighty, half way through the season, sitting in third place, after having a horrible start to the league with trying to build a new squad, plus the 2 teams above us who are having an amazing run of form, and someone asks if we are loosing the faith. What planet do some people live on :duno:
onemoreslogan
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by onemoreslogan »

It's a hard league, and it's hard on players and managers. And supporters. Keep the faith, I think DF finds a way.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Losing faith? No, because never had much to start with.

A lot was made of his Championship record but plenty of managers have a better points per game record including managers people didn't want like Nuno Esperito Santo, Scott Parker and Sam Allardyce.

Farke is as I suspected when he arrived.

Decent man manager, talks a good game, but very 1 dimensional, very stubborn, and very reliant on 1 or 2 players to provide craft.

I still firmly believe his style is a hindrance more than a help.

I think you can see why he's massively struggled in his 3 seasons in the top flight and even if promoted I'd be very fearful. The money excuse is a convenient one but plenty of managers have had as little or less and forged decent Premier League careers.

Losing 15 games in a row happens so rarely at any level that if suggests Farke was very much part of the problem.

So no not lost faith as such just a bit indifferent.

I hope we manage to get promoted and Summerville and Co can carry us through.

But I don't think Farke is the man long term by any stretch.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

DF is reliant on 1 or 2 players :) And goals have been coming from where exactly 8-) Hasn't Byram even contributed :shock:

Who are these 2 mysterious players in this current team i ask myself ? Are Spurs dependent on Son and A N Other, if Salah was shot at birth and Mane never got in a double act with him would the Pool ever have won the European Cup i ask myself ?? What about shite Citeh and their Laurel and Hardy act of Haaland and De Bruyne :?: .

I'd suggest ONCE AGAIN we take a feckin good look at our individual player quality right throughout the squad of players he's trying to make into a team.

Who's gonna be this great incoming new manager that will be able to sprinkle fairy football dust onto the heads of our Championship lot huh ?

Could Pep manage these players better i ask myself, or in fact i might just give my mate a bell, where've i put his number nah....

" Hiya pal, where would we be if you came and managed leeds atm?"

"still in the Championship young Kennyboy, i've told ya this before, and nowts changed bar thas got a couple of younger uns this time"

" Now feck off, i've got me own probs atm"
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek:

;@)
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

Pssst, i've just heard a whisper on the grapevine.......

Every manager has a style he wants his team to play.

May i just add - Teams are scared of us playing btw, it ain't the other way around.
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek:

;@)
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Kennyb41 wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2023 2:42 pm DF is reliant on 1 or 2 players :) And goals have been coming from where exactly 8-) Hasn't Byram even contributed :shock:

Who are these 2 mysterious players in this current team i ask myself ? Are Spurs dependent on Son and A N Other, if Salah was shot at birth and Mane never got in a double act with him would the Pool ever have won the European Cup i ask myself ?? What about shite Citeh and their Laurel and Hardy act of Haaland and De Bruyne :?: .

I'd suggest ONCE AGAIN we take a feckin good look at our individual player quality right throughout the squad of players he's trying to make into a team.

Who's gonna be this great incoming new manager that will be able to sprinkle fairy football dust onto the heads of our Championship lot huh ?

Could Pep manage these players better i ask myself, or in fact i might just give my mate a bell, where've i put his number nah....

" Hiya pal, where would we be if you came and managed leeds atm?"

"still in the Championship young Kennyboy, i've told ya this before, and nowts changed bar thas got a couple of younger uns this time"

" Now feck off, i've got me own probs atm"
Said at the time and my view remains the same.

Farke was an obvious appointment for a very inexperienced management team (Kinnear and Marathe hardly had the on pitch football expertise to do a real deep dive).

Who could do better? Who knows, but Nuno, Big Sam and Parker had better Championship records and nobody wanted them.

I suggested Kieran McKenna in the summer.

Or someone like Kjetil Knutsen whose achievements in Scandinavia are far more impressive than anything Farke has done.

But every appointment is a risk of course.

However the view the board took that Championship experience was necessary always limited us and was a very odd view given that the 3 most successful managers ppg wise had 0 Championship experience.

Neither did Rafa or Marco Silva.
Signed

King Cjay

Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

Just read this on the Beeb, these bloody useless git managers that just wanna control possession huh, wtf do they think they are ? Spain ?

:roll: ....

"Arsenal haven't done enough with their possession, but you have to give credit to Brighton who have defended excellently.

The aim of the game is to put the ball in the back of the net and Arsenal haven't done yet.

They need a striker in and around the six yard box because they dominate possession but don't score enough.

It's been a good game of football.

;@)
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

Cjay wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2023 2:57 pm Said at the time and my view remains the same.

Farke was an obvious appointment for a very inexperienced management team (Kinnear and Marathe hardly had the on pitch football expertise to do a real deep dive).

Who could do better? Who knows, but Nuno, Big Sam and Parker had better Championship records and nobody wanted them.

I suggested Kieran McKenna in the summer.

Or someone like Kjetil Knutsen whose achievements in Scandinavia are far more impressive than anything Farke has done.

But every appointment is a risk of course.

However the view the board took that Championship experience was necessary always limited us and was a very odd view given that the 3 most successful managers ppg wise had 0 Championship experience.

Neither did Rafa or Marco Silva.
And you think it would take any of those managers how long exactly to get this group playing together ?

;@)
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

Hey, in this new modern era of stats, calculators, ipods, tablets, heatmaps, senior tacticians, byros, stensils, graphs....

I wonder if someone could be using binoculars on us after our 4 goal glory wins ....and feeding it all into one of those Commodore64 computer things, which might spew out what to do and what not to do against the mighty LUFC's current tactics...

Just a thought.

With my own eyes of course.

;@)
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Kennyb41 wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2023 3:05 pm And you think it would take any of those managers how long exactly to get this group playing together ?
They both had an instant impact at the jobs they are at now so possibly.

No exact science Kenneth.

But I was and still am of the view Farke is an average Championship manager who benefitted from a DOF who did an excellent job in his seasons in this league.

Where as I consider Bert the opposite at his time with us in the Championship
Signed

King Cjay

Barlow Boy
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Barlow Boy »

No.
Don’t cry because you said goodbye to your pet, smile because you said hello
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

I have a neighbour called Faith. She went missing for 2 hours yesterday. Her husband came round and wondered if we’d seen her. Turned out she was in Sainsbury’s buying sparkling shiraz. So we lost & found Faith plus a bottle of wine. Win win.
Tyzy
First Team
First Team

Post by Tyzy »

All things considered I think we're doing ok 👍
Ipswich are just spoiling it for us at the moment,surely they can't keep it up ?