Leeds Utd v Huddersfield - Post Match Discussion

Archive for all MOT match day threads including match previews, in game chat, reports and ratings.
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Leeds Utd v Huddersfield Town Match Thread

Post by whiteswan »

hector wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2023 4:08 am FTFY Duckie :P :) :)
🐝🐝🐝🐝🐝🐝🐝🐝🐝🐝 off! :x
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Jaydog wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2023 2:26 pm Bit harsh. Even by your standards 😁
Absolutely destroyed them first half. Game was done.
Of course they were awful but that was down to us mainly. Clearly up for it after Stoke.
I hope we can start in that frame of mind v Foxes.
Clearly Rodon needs to be fit though. Bit screwed without him tbh.
Well we're not, Cresswell would make a very good alternative.
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

The Subhuman wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2023 5:22 pm Well we're not, Cresswell would make a very good alternative.
Maybe you can introduce him to Daniel
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

Jaydog wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2023 5:27 pm Maybe you can introduce him to Daniel
:)
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek:

;@)
malcolmw
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by malcolmw »

1964white wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2023 1:35 pm I made 14 posts yesterday evening, hardly got response or a peep from anyone, mind you that's nothing new on the match day thread.

It is noticable, match day threads are quieter when we win.

Strange, how tens & tens of Leeds fans on here don't comment on the match.

Far too busy today to get involved today :

Work this morning.

Coaching bowls this afternoon.

Wedding reception tonight.

See ya later!
It an interesting point 64 (not commenting on the match thread).

I'll tell you why I don't- because it's often the same few people who believe they know way more than the coaching team, pontificating about should've, could've and why we don't have a hope of finishing near the top of the league.

It's almost like the thread goes to hell about an hour after the final whistle. By then most fans have given their comments on the game and then moved on.

So I read the first few pages of comments post match, then wait for Heidi's blog to get the facts. :)

I prefer seeing what fans are saying about the squad and sort of bigger picture topics - just find I learn more there :duno:
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

The Subhuman wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2023 5:22 pm Well we're not, Cresswell would make a very good alternative.
We are as Cooper would start ahead of Charlie :(

None of our CB's would have been alert or quick enough to make that last ditch tackle, yesterday.

Our loanee is comparable to White, Rodon is better in the air than Ben.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Jaydog wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2023 2:26 pm Clearly Rodon needs to be fit though. Bit screwed without him tbh.
I'll be concerned if we lose Ampadu or Rodon at any given time, Jay.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

malcolmw wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2023 6:24 pm It an interesting point 64 (not commenting on the match thread).

I'll tell you why I don't- because it's often the same few people who believe they know way more than the coaching team, pontificating about should've, could've and why we don't have a hope of finishing near the top of the league.

It's almost like the thread goes to hell about an hour after the final whistle. By then most fans have given their comments on the game and then moved on.

So I read the first few pages of comments post match, then wait for Heidi's blog to get the facts. :)

I prefer seeing what fans are saying about the squad and sort of bigger picture topics - just find I learn more there :duno:
You always seem to make a contribution to Leeds topics, Malcolm.
DDB220
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by DDB220 »

I have made few comments of late as my work life balance has changed. Listened to the match yesterday on LUTV whilst working.

I don’t have the opportunity to read all the threads and I suspect it will be like this for the foreseeable unfortunately.

But I will dip in when I can.
DDB220
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by DDB220 »

I agree Rodon is critical as he has pace in comparison to the other CB options. If he is out for any period the fitness of Spence will be crucial.
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

1964white wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2023 10:04 pm I'll be concerned if we lose Ampadu or Rodon at any given time, Jay.
It’s a worry, especially with Rodon. Like you said watch that recovery tackle yesterday. Cooper isn’t going to be doing that. Maybe Cresswell but he isn’t getting anywhere near the pitch atm
1964white

Post by 1964white »

whiteswan wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2023 2:05 pm I don't comment because I don't watch the games 64, I depend on the fab commentary on here....
Are you still too nervous to watch our games, Swannie?
1964white

Post by 1964white »

DDB220 wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2023 11:15 pm I have made few comments of late as my work life balance has changed. Listened to the match yesterday on LUTV whilst working.

I don’t have the opportunity to read all the threads and I suspect it will be like this for the foreseeable unfortunately.

But I will dip in when I can.
I know the feeling, DDB.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Jaydog wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2023 11:22 pm It’s a worry, especially with Rodon. Like you said watch that recovery tackle yesterday. Cooper isn’t going to be doing that. Maybe Cresswell but he isn’t getting anywhere near the pitch atm
Rodon is the new Ben White for me. God knows what price Spurs have on his head. :duno:
1964white

Re: Leeds Utd v Huddersfield Match Thread - Still to watch....

Post by 1964white »

Still, to watch the full replay of the Huddersfield match, this evening, is looking likely. :-D

The wait has been agonising.
Orange Box
Manager
Manager

Post by Orange Box »

1964white wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2023 1:35 pm I made 14 posts yesterday evening, hardly got response or a peep from anyone, mind you that's nothing new on the match day thread.

It is noticable, match day threads are quieter when we win.

Strange, how tens & tens of Leeds fans on here don't comment on the match.

Far too busy today to get involved today :

Work this morning.

Coaching bowls this afternoon.

Wedding reception tonight.

See ya later!
It’s an interesting point you make, and I can only speak for myself why I joined this forum.

I don’t go to games anymore, mainly due to location but also it’s impossible to be a part-time game goer these days, unless you have money falling out of your pockets to attend corporate .

I joined the forum because I love the banter during a game, and I saw this forum as a means of, well, basically shouting at the ref and verbally jousting with mates about who’s sh:t and who’s not. The mates I used to go to games with understood this and either joined in or gave me wide berth. Either way, it’s the eyeball contact with someone which enables one to identify either jocularity, sarcasm, or downright malice.

With a black-and-white screen however, that eyeball contact cannot be made, so the typed word is as interpreted by the reader, and not the typer so the intention is very much lost.

If I say, for example, “oh, bloody Bamford” in the heat of the moment because I’m exasperated, a handful instantly label me as a hater. There was a prime example this Saturday, someone (I can’t remember who, it’s not important) posted about James haters loving this, or something similar. It’s not helpful. It makes me think twice about posting.

Also, I’m no football coach, I don’t know what an 8 is, I’ve an idea what a 10 is but apparently I haven’t seen one since pablo left, so I don’t comment on tactics. I’ll comment maybe once after the game thread, usually about my enjoyment level, then I’ll leave it alone usually, unless an interesting side topic arises. And that interesting topic won’t include the words ‘high press’ or ‘low block’ because I don’t have a clue.

I’m also not keen on the apparent victimisation of certain individuals. I admit I joined in on the Everton bandwagon earlier because the banter was lively and two-sided. Then it wasn’t, so Ive turned my back on that story.

I’m losing my point, it is this. To post on a forum you need a pair of bricks, (regardless of gender). Not everyone has them, so don’t be over concerned that some like to listen and some like to speak. Just be who you are.

ps, this is a post in general response to yours 64, certainly not a dig. I really respect the work you do. Keep it up.
WARNING: During game time, any post I make is not to be taken seriously, neither is it meant as offence. I'm a hot-blooded creature prone to moments of exasperation and expletive.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Orange Box wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2023 8:03 am It’s an interesting point you make, and I can only speak for myself why I joined this forum.

I don’t go to games anymore, mainly due to location but also it’s impossible to be a part-time game goer these days, unless you have money falling out of your pockets to attend corporate .

I joined the forum because I love the banter during a game, and I saw this forum as a means of, well, basically shouting at the ref and verbally jousting with mates about who’s sh:t and who’s not. The mates I used to go to games with understood this and either joined in or gave me wide berth. Either way, it’s the eyeball contact with someone which enables one to identify either jocularity, sarcasm, or downright malice.

With a black-and-white screen however, that eyeball contact cannot be made, so the typed word is as interpreted by the reader, and not the typer so the intention is very much lost.

If I say, for example, “oh, bloody Bamford” in the heat of the moment because I’m exasperated, a handful instantly label me as a hater. There was a prime example this Saturday, someone (I can’t remember who, it’s not important) posted about James haters loving this, or something similar. It’s not helpful. It makes me think twice about posting.

Also, I’m no football coach, I don’t know what an 8 is, I’ve an idea what a 10 is but apparently I haven’t seen one since pablo left, so I don’t comment on tactics. I’ll comment maybe once after the game thread, usually about my enjoyment level, then I’ll leave it alone usually, unless an interesting side topic arises. And that interesting topic won’t include the words ‘high press’ or ‘low block’ because I don’t have a clue.

I’m also not keen on the apparent victimisation of certain individuals. I admit I joined in on the Everton bandwagon earlier because the banter was lively and two-sided. Then it wasn’t, so Ive turned my back on that story.

I’m losing my point, it is this. To post on a forum you need a pair of bricks, (regardless of gender). Not everyone has them, so don’t be over concerned that some like to listen and some like to speak. Just be who you are.

ps, this is a post in general response to yours 64, certainly not a dig. I really respect the work you do. Keep it up.
Great reply, Orange.

I know it's not a dig.

And thank you :tup:
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Re: Leeds Utd v Huddersfield Match Thread - Still to watch....

Post by Kennyb41 »

Wow it's great to see (albeit way too late) some people finally wearing their glasses and acknowledging that 3 key players through the spine of a team would affect a teams performance and results :tup:

It's fantastic to see leopards can indeed change their spots, even after years of having their eyes so closed they appeared blind.

"I was blind but now i can see, even after all these years of watching football!"....."MOT forum, where you can learn something new every year "

Lord forbid DF loses Rodon - Ampadu - Rutter as we enter April and May huh, either in a promotion or relegation battle :roll:

Lets rejoice in this awakening :clapp:
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek:

;@)
hector

Post by hector »

Orange Box wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2023 8:03 am It’s an interesting point you make, and I can only speak for myself why I joined this forum.

with you 100% OB
CUSSIE01
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by CUSSIE01 »

First up I think this was a brilliant, well thought out & honest post. I reckon I was the poster who put up “ where are all the James haters now “ but it was an off the cuff remark during the game when adrenaline was high & not meant to offend anyone so apologies if it came across differently. You said yourself you jousted with mates about who was s**t & who wasn’t and joined in the banter about Everton and I would bet your comments weren’t meant to put people off posting or offend them.
You made a good point about eyeball contact & context being lost on a screen, if 50 people read some of the posts on this forum there would 50 different interpretations ranging from downright abuse to someone having a laugh and all shades in between.
I’ve attended the corporate side in the Centenary Pavilion but certainly don’t have money falling out of my pockets. Talking to the other people who do go down that route 90% are working class Joe Bloggs who can’t get a ticket any other way and have maybe saved up for a one off experience or whose family have clubbed together for a special occasion.
Keeping The Faith