Angus Kinnear interview- Radz responds

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Angus Kinnear interview- Radz responds

Post by Cjay »

Can be merged whenever but thought it should be easy to find at first atleast

Last edited by Cjay on Fri Sep 08, 2023 6:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
BradWhite
First Team
First Team

Re: Angus Kinnear interview

Post by BradWhite »

Moxcowhite should have been there to turn the heat up.

Angus looked like he was going to the gallows but eased into it. :lol:

Good interview.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Just about to post this up on as a separate topic, as I'm unsure how many on here watch these videos on the podcast thread :tup:
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by andrewjohnsmith »

Was really surprised about Tyler Adams. According to Angus, he was voicing his discontent and pushing for a move. Didn't he come out and say he'd be happy to stay? At least he wasn't making external noise like others.

Would you have liked to have kept Sinistetra and Adams?

No .... because they didn't want to be here
1964white

Post by 1964white »

andrewjohnsmith wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2023 12:25 am Was really surprised about Tyler Adams. According to Angus, he was voicing his discontent and pushing for a move. Didn't he come out and say he'd be happy to stay? At least he wasn't making external noise like others.

Would you have liked to have kept Sinistetra and Adams?

No .... because they didn't want to be here
Indeed, Andrew.

Kinnear's words :

"Adams & Sinisterra expressed their desire to leave Leeds pursuing avenues & ways beyond recall"

In other words both were prepared to take LUFC to court.

I hope we never allow these snakes back into our club.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Kinnear said the players were prepared to crawl over broken glass to avoid playing in the championship.
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

I've not got past the first 10 mins yet and it's annoying me to fck.

We are in the situation we are in at the club because of 1 man and 1 man only..THE FCKING CLOWN and ALL the fcking clown fans that wanted Bert sacked.

He was the man that singlehandedly got us promoted and playing out of our fcking skins with bob standard championship players that umpteen fcking managers could do naff all with, and if he had a proper scout of BHA credentials we would in my mind be playing Champions league football either now or soon.

No matter which way it get dressed up, delivered in whatever tone of voice any fcker wants, The bullying clown had wayyyyyyyy too much say in footballing matters and fcked us up completely after some genius work by the master by buying him shite after shite after shite.

If the clown was out the fcking door the moment Bert got us promoted we'd be laughing now and on our way to greatness.

Now fck off please it's as simple as that.

Bert was great.

The clown a disaster.

End of.
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek:

;@)
Ratscoot
Manager
Manager

Post by Ratscoot »

Listened to it all this morning, if I get chance I may listen again but my initial thoughts:

Kinnear is a politician and sits on the fence massively, he'll say anything that keeps him in a job.

Later in the interview, he makes it very clear that the bringing in of Marsch and the signing of the players, plus agreeing of contracts was all down to Orta, so as CEO what the f**k was he doing?

He goes on a lot about how they are going to use data a lot and find out about the players before signing them from now on, but isn't that what they said about last summers signings and how did that work out for them, obviously apart from paying over the odds for a bunch of lets be honest snivelling bunch of snakes who didn't have the skills, bottle or want to play for Leeds.

There's a lot of "in hindsight", "retrospectively" "we've learnt a lesson" and we definitely wouldn't do it that way now. I understand keeping someone within the set up from the previous set up to help them not fall into the same pit holes but Kinnear according to him wasn't involved in anything around bringing in managers/players or agreeing contracts, letting Marsch stay longer than he should, guessing Angus was just too busy making the teas, when that all happened, but he won't let it happen again, we can trust him on that one :lol:
A bumble bee under the laws of physics shouldnt be able to fly, but it does because no one has told it that it can't
lufc1304
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @DrGonzo2411

Post by lufc1304 »

I've not listened yet,but I don't think Kinnear will see season end. Made sense from a Niners point of view to keep him in situ while transitioning from one ownership regime to another, but you'd have to think they'll want their own man in there at some point now that the dust of a frantic summer is beginning to settle.
"When the going gets weird, the weird get professional!" Hunter S Thompson
1964white

Post by 1964white »

I like his “people call me a Tory twat, we can debate twat but I’m not a Tory! “ comment. Made me chuckle that one. :lol:
1964white

Post by 1964white »

I'm hoping we draw Bournemouth in the FA Cup at ER and give Adams & Sinisterra the abuse they thoroughly deserve,
Ratscoot
Manager
Manager

Post by Ratscoot »

1964white wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2023 8:49 am I like his “people call me a Tory twat, we can debate twat but I’m not a Tory! “ comment. Made me chuckle that one. :lol:
:tup: :lol:
A bumble bee under the laws of physics shouldnt be able to fly, but it does because no one has told it that it can't
Ratscoot
Manager
Manager

Post by Ratscoot »

1964white wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2023 8:57 am I'm hoping we draw Bournemouth in the FA Cup at ER and give Adams & Sinisterra the abuse they thoroughly deserve,
Now wouldn't that be justice, well only if they play and we win :lol:
Chilli D
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Chilli D »

1964white wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2023 7:05 am Kinnear said the players were prepared to crawl over broken glass to avoid playing in the championship.
That maybe the case 64 but their contracts gave them the opportunity to do just that.
Typical deflection by Kinnear. As someone else said, he would make a good politician.
As it happens, I'm glad most of them are gone. My only worry is that we may find them back at the club if we get promoted.
The flowers of common sense do not grow in everyone's garden
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Chilli D wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2023 9:58 am That maybe the case 64 but their contracts gave them the opportunity to do just that.
Typical deflection by Kinnear. As someone else said, he would make a good politician.
As it happens, I'm glad most of them are gone. My only worry is that we may find them back at the club if we get promoted.
My concerns too, Chilli.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Said they rejected a £25mil bid for Meslier and a £10-15mil bid for Struijk.

Tried to sell rejecting that as a positive . . . . . . . .

A lot of subtle mentions about how Radz was to blame whilst not throwing him under the bus but talking up how things be different if the 49ers were here earlier.

Proper snake is Angus.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
danhirons
Manager
Manager

Post by danhirons »

Kennyb41 wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2023 7:32 am I've not got past the first 10 mins yet and it's annoying me to fck.

We are in the situation we are in at the club because of 1 man and 1 man only..THE FCKING CLOWN and ALL the fcking clown fans that wanted Bert sacked.

He was the man that singlehandedly got us promoted and playing out of our fcking skins with bob standard championship players that umpteen fcking managers could do naff all with, and if he had a proper scout of BHA credentials we would in my mind be playing Champions league football either now or soon.

No matter which way it get dressed up, delivered in whatever tone of voice any fcker wants, The bullying clown had wayyyyyyyy too much say in footballing matters and fcked us up completely after some genius work by the master by buying him shite after shite after shite.

If the clown was out the fcking door the moment Bert got us promoted we'd be laughing now and on our way to greatness.

Bert was great.

The clown a disaster.

End of.
true, if we'd have kept bielsa we might have got back up into the prem by now ;-)
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Kennyb41 wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2023 7:32 am I've not got past the first 10 mins yet and it's annoying me to fck.

Bert was great.

The clown a disaster.

End of.
Well said Kenneth,

I watched the whole interview and while Angus talks at times with good sense the overridng fact is that we got promoted because of Bielsa not because of Orta. Any other manager would have struggled with the players Bielsa got given. It was Bielsa's genius that made the players useful. Most of the squad were pre-Orta anyway. Bielsa got way out of each and every player and if he hadn't we'd still be in the championship...oh hang on.

Angus made a big point about saying that Bielsa basically said the squad needing overhauling and as such it was replace him (Bielsa) or replace the squad - goes against all those fans who said Bielsa was too loyal to players but that's a debate for another day. Angus then goes on to suggest that they couldn't do what Bielsa wanted as the players Bielsa wanted all cost £40m to £50m. Now what is the point of having Orta if he cannot identify players that Bielsa needed that wouldn't cost that sort of money. For me though Angus is talking out of his ar$e there and trying to make it sound like Bielsa wanted Man City type players. There is nothing about Bielsa that suggests he wants ready made superstars, it is always about getting players who have untapped ability but the desire to succeed and the ability to listen and do what Bielsa says.It's why he was a good fit with us and why he came in and didn't demand new players. You just have to look at the loan signing of Ben White, now does that strike you as somewhat thet Orta had scouted and identified as someone who was a first team ready player or does it strike you that when Bielsa watched the videos of all Leeds games from the season prior to him taking over he happend to spot Ben White playing for Newport against us in the cup and saw something he liked and made a note of it? To me the sensible conclusion would be that Bielsa saw something in White in just the same way he watched videos of Leeds and saw a box to box midfielder called Kalvin Phillips and could see he would make an excellent DM.

I think that at the start of the season in which Bielsa was sacked the board were already looking to replace him. They certainly saw it as the easier option and I wouldn't be surprised if certain people at the club were jealous of the hero worship that Bielsa got. They wanted the adulation, they wanted the fans to know that it was them that were really responsible for getting Leeds promoted not the manager.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

According to Kinnear:

"Gnonto had a wobble"
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by andrewjohnsmith »

weasel wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2023 12:46 pm Well said Kenneth,

I watched the whole interview and while Angus talks at times with good sense the overridng fact is that we got promoted because of Bielsa not because of Orta. Any other manager would have struggled with the players Bielsa got given. It was Bielsa's genius that made the players useful. Most of the squad were pre-Orta anyway. Bielsa got way out of each and every player and if he hadn't we'd still be in the championship...oh hang on.

Angus made a big point about saying that Bielsa basically said the squad needing overhauling and as such it was replace him (Bielsa) or replace the squad - goes against all those fans who said Bielsa was too loyal to players but that's a debate for another day. Angus then goes on to suggest that they couldn't do what Bielsa wanted as the players Bielsa wanted all cost £40m to £50m. Now what is the point of having Orta if he cannot identify players that Bielsa needed that wouldn't cost that sort of money. For me though Angus is talking out of his ar$e there and trying to make it sound like Bielsa wanted Man City type players. There is nothing about Bielsa that suggests he wants ready made superstars, it is always about getting players who have untapped ability but the desire to succeed and the ability to listen and do what Bielsa says.It's why he was a good fit with us and why he came in and didn't demand new players. You just have to look at the loan signing of Ben White, now does that strike you as somewhat thet Orta had scouted and identified as someone who was a first team ready player or does it strike you that when Bielsa watched the videos of all Leeds games from the season prior to him taking over he happend to spot Ben White playing for Newport against us in the cup and saw something he liked and made a note of it? To me the sensible conclusion would be that Bielsa saw something in White in just the same way he watched videos of Leeds and saw a box to box midfielder called Kalvin Phillips and could see he would make an excellent DM.

I think that at the start of the season in which Bielsa was sacked the board were already looking to replace him. They certainly saw it as the easier option and I wouldn't be surprised if certain people at the club were jealous of the hero worship that Bielsa got. They wanted the adulation, they wanted the fans to know that it was them that were really responsible for getting Leeds promoted not the manager.
Yup

He did say the Brighton model a couple of times. That's not 40 to 50 million players. It's 10 million players that you sell for 40 to 50 million.

Bielsa's final season - He should have been backed with the same number of players in the same price range that Marsch was. Instead we just did James and Firpo.