49ers Enterprises takeover approved

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

49ers Enterprises takeover approved

Post by Cjay »

Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
mentalcase

Re: 49ers Enterprises takeover approved

Post by mentalcase »

That went through smoothly and quick .
"Critics are men that watch a battle from a high place, then come down and shoot the survivors"
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Be nice to know who some of the main money men behind the fund is because these random sports people may be independently wealthy but in football terms they won't do much

Never heard of most of them

Hopefully the owners of the teams they play for are onboard

Some proper wealth there I'm sure :)
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
Suffolkwhite Luke
Ballboy
Ballboy

Post by Suffolkwhite Luke »

Glad it’s finally signed off. You would hope that our new owners would have been speaking to clubs and players whilst the I’s were getting dotted and T’s crossed and it’s merely a case of getting things formalised and signed off. However this is Leeds United and nothing ever seems to be simple for us.
John in Louisiana
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by John in Louisiana »

It's about damn time.

Let's get to work.
malcolmw
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by malcolmw »

Suffolkwhite Luke wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2023 10:03 pm Glad it’s finally signed off. You would hope that our new owners would have been speaking to clubs and players whilst the I’s were getting dotted and T’s crossed and it’s merely a case of getting things formalised and signed off. However this is Leeds United and nothing ever seems to be simple for us.
Well they first need to learn what 'football' really is.

There's an old saying in leadership training - 'You change people by what you do, not what you say'.
I'm glad its all final, we can draw a line and move on. But I will remain 'vigilant' until I see what this lot actually do in the coming 3 months.
I want to see leadership for good of club and community, not just financial margins and dividends for the 'suits'.
malcolmw
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by malcolmw »

John in Louisiana wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2023 12:15 am It's about damn time.

Let's get to work.
Agree! Let's get this squad rebuilt and set our new manager up to succeed not fail.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Great news!
Hewin
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Hewin »

Can Phelps play leftback?
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

YouTubers happy recording the official announcement late last night.

united8
Ballboy
Ballboy

Post by united8 »

Good news.
Lots to do before Leeds v. Cardiff on 6 Aug.
Scoobychief
Manager
Manager

Post by Scoobychief »

Hewin wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2023 5:43 am Can Phelps play leftback?
no he would drown
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

As always the proof will be in the puddin.

They got off to the finest of starts with me with the one and only thing that made me sit up and look, and that was the rumour they tried to entice Bert back, whether true or not i have no idea, but if so, they know what they're doing.

Absolutely nothing else has turned my eye.

Let's see.

I saw Pari match had Uruguay at 50/1 on oddschecker, deposited £100 to lump on and their max it would allow was £8 ! So i obviously did £8, so up to now i've got £50 at 50's with Betway and same at Bet Victor, so £108 in total, the rest vary from 20/1 to 40's.

Should top the pension pot up nicely :tup:
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek:

;@)
GreennWhite
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by GreennWhite »

A fool and his money are easily parted :)
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

The bit in bold is the best bit for me, it's only words for now but sounds promising.

Leeds United are now owned by 49ers Enterprises after the English Football League formally approved their £170m takeover of the Championship club.

The investment arm of the San Francisco 49ers purchased a 15% stake in Leeds in 2018 and increased that to 44% in 2021.

They now have full control after announcing the purchase of Andrea Radrizzani's share.

"This transition is a necessary reset to chart a new course for the club," said new chairman Paraag Marathe.

"This is an important moment for Leeds United and we are already hard at work. We are confident Leeds will field a competitive squad to contend for promotion next season."

Leeds also confirmed that existing chief executive Angus Kinnear will remain in his current position while entrepreneur Rudy Cline-Thomas, founder and managing partner of venture capital firm Mastry, will join the board as co-owner and vice chairman.

"49ers Enterprises is bringing fresh leadership, management and a commitment to investment, which I'm confident will meet our ambition to compete for promotion and remain in the top flight as an established Premier League Club," Kinnear said.

"I know Paraag, Rudy and 49ers Enterprises will keep supporters central to their plans during their custodianship and I am excited to work in realising the true potential of this great club."

Cline-Thomas added: "With my family hailing from Leeds, it's an honour to be able to uplift this incredible community. This is more than just an opportunity, it's a personal mission.

"The chance to reinvigorate the cherished Leeds culture, to create a platform that attracts the world's finest players and build a truly global brand that celebrates diversity is a prospect that thrills me."

'They will take Leeds to the next level'
Radrizzani bought Leeds outright for £45m in 2017 but his stake had reduced to 56% by the time he sold up and claimed that the new custodians would move the club forward.

"It has been an honour to guide Leeds United over the last six years and to spend so much time with the best fanbase in the world," the 48-year-old said.

"49ers Enterprises have been fantastic partners for years and I'm confident they will take Leeds to the next level."

Radrizzani had initially been popular with Leeds fans, with manager Marcelo Bielsa taking them back into the Premier League.

But the relationship soured after he sacked the Argentine and he did not attend their final game of last season, a defeat by Tottenham which sealed their relegation while fans chanted for him to leave.

After relegation was confirmed, the Leeds United Supporters Club released a statement saying Radrizzani was "no longer an appropriate person to own Leeds United".

"His behaviour is appalling and he risks never being welcome at our club again," it added."The sooner he goes the better and we look forward to the 49ers Enterprises offer being accepted. The only way he can begin to salvage his reputation is through an immediate sale of the club and the stadium."

This news has been expected since Sampdoria confirmed Radrizzani had taken a stake in the club, which had just been relegated to Serie B.

The brutal truth is that Radrizzani - charismatic as he is - lacks the funds to really shove Leeds up to the Premier League in the way the 49ers have.

Given the parachute payments and their enormous fanbase, quite frankly it would reflect very badly if Leeds did not go straight back up.

There are structural issues to address around Elland Road, which will be expensive to modernise but it badly needs it. However, on the pitch this deal has to be good for the club.
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek:

;@)
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Thank Farke for that. Now we can start to make a move. Shame we missed out on Ryan Manning cause of the delay. :roll:
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Cjay wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2023 9:27 pm
Be nice to know who some of the main money men behind the fund is because these random sports people may be independently wealthy but in football terms they won't do much

Never heard of most of them

Hopefully the owners of the teams they play for are onboard

Some proper wealth there I'm sure :)
Perhaps Phelps and Spieth could teach our lot how to win? :duno:
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

GreennWhite wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2023 7:13 am A millionaire and his money are not easily parted :)
Ftfy.

:tup:

;@)
CUSSIE01
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by CUSSIE01 »

Hewin wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2023 5:43 am Can Phelps play leftback?
He’d be good in wet conditions
Keeping The Faith
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

Many the personal trolling begin...
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa