Daniel Farke

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Re: Daniel Farke

Post by Kennyb41 »

For this alone he deserves at least 2 more seasons.

If we do happen to go up, there is no way i want another manager trying to rebuild his own set up, and into his own style of whatever.

This guy has sorted through the gash, and added some of his own players, we are still very much in his early stages.

Like he has stated himself, it is one step at a time, i will stand by him thru thick and thin.
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek:

;@)
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Kennyb41 wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 5:58 pm For this alone he deserves at least 2 more seasons.

If we do happen to go up, there is no way i want another manager trying to rebuild his own set up, and into his own style of whatever.

This guy has sorted through the gash, and added some of his own players, we are still very much in his early stages.

Like he has stated himself, it is one step at a time, i will stand by him thru thick and thin.
His job is promotion and then Premier League stabilisation.

Doing well with the 1st, we will see with the 2nd.

But I don't imagine the venture capital fund will have the same emotional ties if say in December we are bottom 3 really struggling in the Prem.

Getting relegated again is definitely not part of the business plan.

And the 49ers are massively into analytics and will know the odds for survival are greatly improved sacking pre December as opposed to post.

We aren't Norwich, we won't accept a relegation like they did (our owners can't afford it) they need a Premier League team for the flip

But I'd expect they would fund significantly if promoted so hopefully it won't be the case.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Cjay wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 1:09 pm What exactly is "negative"?

Only ask because isn't a manager in the world who has universal collective applause for everything every game.

Pep, Klopp, Inzaghi, Alonso, none of them.

So what exactly is "negative"

Hate that term, condescending.
Maybe negative is the wrong terminology, but you have questioned Farke's methods & coaching abilities during the season.
wilsdenwhite
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by wilsdenwhite »

For me his job is promotion, survival then stabalization.

Last time we went promotion, stabalization then relegation.

Funny old game.
|||L|||E|||E|||D|||S|||
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

1964white wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 7:21 pm Maybe negative is the wrong terminology, but you have questioned Farke's methods & coaching abilities during the season.
Isn't that allowed?

And was that wrong?

I criticised his subs and the lack of minutes he gave them to make an impact, now look how well Gnonto, Gruev, Firpo and even Bamford are doing now they are given a proper chance?

I criticised his tactics away from home earlier in the season when I felt changing our style to a more counter style was a problem, that wasn't in my head it was backed up by basically every stat.

Goals conceded, goals scored, shots for and shots against as well as games lost.

What's happened since? Our away possession has risen 5%+ on average.

Our shots for has risen and against has dropped and results have improved away from home.

Those players deemed not good enough for more minutes by many are now key players earning rave reviews

So maybe my perceived "negativity" was valid?

Not an I told you so or look at me aren't I clever post, just defending what I said.

And finally just to get all the "negativity" out.

I've said I felt he was overly reliant on certain individuals, just having more talented players than basically everyone else and that his top league record really worries me if promoted.

Those were somewhat alleviated by the Chelsea performance as I said at the time and gave credit for, but can't be fully answered until promoted.
Signed

King Cjay

Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

Cjay.

Seeing that 99% of managers get the heave ho at some point it's easy to find fault then join the told ya so brigade.

From memory you questioned Bielsa having the acumen to deliver in his third season at a club.. that went well...

Similar to your suggestion three years ago that Klopp had ran his race at Liverpool.

Farke in the PL... Norwich were happy to uninvest and reap the easy money from yo yoing between leagues.

I suspect we are different .Lets see.
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Irish Ian wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 11:28 pm Cjay.

Seeing that 99% of managers get the heave ho at some point it's easy to find fault then join the told ya so brigade.

From memory you questioned Bielsa having the acumen to deliver in his third season at a club.. that went well...

Similar to your suggestion three years ago that Klopp had ran his race at Liverpool.

Farke in the PL... Norwich were happy to uninvest and reap the easy money from yo yoing between leagues.

I think Cjay has valid concerns and whilst there are certainly reasons to justify Farke's poor record in the prem and Germany it is still a concern given how inept Norwich were. I think however there are plusses and minuses to those experiences and for me I would hope, if we get there, that Farke has worked out where things went wrong and what he, personally, could have done better. Farke has shown he is intelligent. He knows what worked in the championship at Norwich, and what didn't in his first season there and he has used that expereince superbly here, so far. He has also shown that he is adaptable. Cjay rightly pointed out Farke's ove reliance on Buendia and that Norwich were exceeding their xg at both ends of the pitch. I think Farke realised that we weren't going to over exceed our xg, certainly not at the attacking end, and he has got us playing differently to Norwich with us perhaps being more cautious as he realises that in an even game we would be more likely to lose than Norwich did as we would miss our chances and the opposition wouldn't (such as in our losses to Stoke and WBA as great examples of close games which we lost).

Farke has impressed me a great deal this season, I suspect he has impressed Cjay too, especially with the way he has handled everything thrown at him and has created a harmony and calmness at the club. Hopefully he will complete the first part of his job in the coming months and then show next season that we didn't need to have any concenrs about him in the Prem. I was delighted when we signed him as for me he was our best option to get us promoted and any concerns would only be realised if he got us promoted.
DDB220
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by DDB220 »

Cjay wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 9:56 pm Isn't that allowed?

And was that wrong?

I criticised his subs and the lack of minutes he gave them to make an impact, now look how well Gnonto, Gruev, Firpo and even Bamford are doing now they are given a proper chance?

I criticised his tactics away from home earlier in the season when I felt changing our style to a more counter style was a problem, that wasn't in my head it was backed up by basically every stat.

Goals conceded, goals scored, shots for and shots against as well as games lost.

What's happened since? Our away possession has risen 5%+ on average.

Our shots for has risen and against has dropped and results have improved away from home.

Those players deemed not good enough for more minutes by many are now key players earning rave reviews

So maybe my perceived "negativity" was valid?

Not an I told you so or look at me aren't I clever post, just defending what I said.

And finally just to get all the "negativity" out.

I've said I felt he was overly reliant on certain individuals, just having more talented players than basically everyone else and that his top league record really worries me if promoted.

Those were somewhat alleviated by the Chelsea performance as I said at the time and gave credit for, but can't be fully answered until promoted.
One thing I would say about your posts suggesting that he relies on certain individuals, namely Geo and Cry. Our recent run has been the sum of greater parts. The move of Ampadu into defence has created a rather surprising and solid partnership. Meslier has become more reliable and made big saves at key points in games.
The impact of Bamford and Gnonto, the pairing of Gruev and Kamara, the persistent selection of Gray at RB and the selection of Firpo in an advanced left sided role. All these tactical shifts, which no one really predicted as the silver bullet that has been the catalyst to put together a run of 12 games in which we have only dropped two points.
The team has undergone an incremental transformation - Farke has undoubtedly worked with the players and little by little he has recognised his best set up and player synergy and winning formula, whilst dispensing with players he did not need. Many felt we were too light in numbers. There have been few injuries, only Struijk has suffered anything which could be considered as a lengthy lay off. This means whatever he is doing on the training ground is pretty s**t hot.

All this I would suggest is not by chance and I would hazard a guess he wasn’t reading this forum looking for ideas. Sorry to burst a few bubbles.

I agree about next season if we go up - but we shall have to wait for this seasons outcome and then we shall see.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Irish Ian wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 11:28 pm Cjay.

It's not an I told you so, just pointing out maybe I had a point? :duno:

Express concerns and give reasons then it's negative and how dare I question Farke which Is what I got at the time . . .

Highlight that the things I mentioned have changed (because once again defending myself from the negativity accusations) now what I said was easy and everyone could see it and easy to find fault I'm just trying to join the I told ya so brigade. :roll:

I have never mentioned those things I said since I typed them and only bought them up now again defending myself from negativity accusations

If I was trying to join the I told you so brigade I'd have mentioned them weeks ago and perhaps made a post about how clever I am (I didnt)

Please if you are going to try and be condescending get it right, I said by year 3-4 pressing teams struggle unless squads get an overhaul (something Bielsa himself said according to Phil Hay) and Bielsa was sacked in year 4.

You've tried using a post I put a lot of effort into 3 or 4 years ago for point scoring for some reason and not for the first time

But misquoted me on both points

It was the same post about pressing teams struggling after season 3 or 4.

So will you be apologising for being wrong on both statements?

A post you must remember well actually Ian because this isn't the first time you've tried using it.

Think you secretly loved it really, I'm flattered :love:

We will
Last edited by Cjay on Tue Mar 12, 2024 2:09 am, edited 6 times in total.
Signed

King Cjay

Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

DDB220 wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 12:38 am One thing I would say about your posts suggesting that he relies on certain individuals, namely Geo and Cry. Our recent run has been the sum of greater parts. The move of Ampadu into defence has created a rather surprising and solid partnership. Meslier has become more reliable and made big saves at key points in games.
The impact of Bamford and Gnonto, the pairing of Gruev and Kamara, the persistent selection of Gray at RB and the selection of Firpo in an advanced left sided role. All these tactical shifts, which no one really predicted as the silver bullet that has been the catalyst to put together a run of 12 games in which we have only dropped two points.
The team has undergone an incremental transformation - Farke has undoubtedly worked with the players and little by little he has recognised his best set up and player synergy and winning formula, whilst dispensing with players he did not need. Many felt we were too light in numbers. There have been few injuries, only Struijk has suffered anything which could be considered as a lengthy lay off. This means whatever he is doing on the training ground is pretty s**t hot.

All this I would suggest is not by chance and I would hazard a guess he wasn’t reading this forum looking for ideas. Sorry to burst a few bubbles.

I agree about next season if we go up - but we shall have to wait for this seasons outcome and then we shall see.
Phones me up for advice actually :)

But as I said it was never an I told you so post.

Was just pointing out maybe rather than being "negative" that maybe I had a point :duno:

And maybe my "negative" criticism as I still get thrown at me may have been fair, but some won't ever admit that.

I've been pleasantly surprised recently how we have coped with the downturn in form of Summerville, it has eased those concerns a bit.

But at the same time we still have the advantage individually over basically any team in this league.

I don't think we can truly say those concerns go away until promotion.
Signed

King Cjay

Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

weasel wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 11:53 pm I think Cjay has valid concerns and whilst there are certainly reasons to justify Farke's poor record in the prem and Germany it is still a concern given how inept Norwich were. I think however there are plusses and minuses to those experiences and for me I would hope, if we get there, that Farke has worked out where things went wrong and what he, personally, could have done better. Farke has shown he is intelligent. He knows what worked in the championship at Norwich, and what didn't in his first season there and he has used that expereince superbly here, so far. He has also shown that he is adaptable. Cjay rightly pointed out Farke's ove reliance on Buendia and that Norwich were exceeding their xg at both ends of the pitch. I think Farke realised that we weren't going to over exceed our xg, certainly not at the attacking end, and he has got us playing differently to Norwich with us perhaps being more cautious as he realises that in an even game we would be more likely to lose than Norwich did as we would miss our chances and the opposition wouldn't (such as in our losses to Stoke and WBA as great examples of close games which we lost).

Farke has impressed me a great deal this season, I suspect he has impressed Cjay too, especially with the way he has handled everything thrown at him and has created a harmony and calmness at the club. Hopefully he will complete the first part of his job in the coming months and then show next season that we didn't need to have any concenrs about him in the Prem. I was delighted when we signed him as for me he was our best option to get us promoted and any concerns would only be realised if he got us promoted.
Just reiterating for a final time that I only mentioned my posts after Leon bought up that I had criticised Farke and his tactics earlier in the season and was merely pointing out maybe I had a point.

Farke isn't reading this forum for my advice of course he isn't, but the analytical team every club has will have raised similar points regarding possession and such.

Maybe he altered it based on that? But it's definitely changed.

Atleast you saw my points rather than seeing it as point scoring or just trying to act clever so thanks.

I think his experience in promotion races has been most important, whether he is tactically brilliant who knows, that is more a question for the Premier League.

I think he has handled the pressure well and the off field stuff.

Do I think he is above criticism as some do? Absolutely not.

I was more encouraged by the Chelsea performance than basically anything else this season as it was an opportunity to see how he coped when you don't have the best individuals on the pitch.

I thought we did very well and that for me based on my concerns over DF was probably the most impressed I've been with him all season.

I'm pleased with how well we are doing defensively as that was another concern I had based on his history.

So he has impressed on those respects and I'm more than happy about that.

Contrary to popular belief with some on here I'm not against DF, just make no secret he wasn't my top choice or even top 10.

If as he has in parts he proves my original concerns wrong then fantastic as it means we are doing well.
Signed

King Cjay

DDB220
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by DDB220 »

Cjay wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 1:46 am Phones me up for advice actually :)

But as I said it was never an I told you so post.

Was just pointing out maybe rather than being "negative" that maybe I had a point :duno:

And maybe my "negative" criticism as I still get thrown at me may have been fair, but some won't ever admit that.

I've been pleasantly surprised recently how we have coped with the downturn in form of Summerville, it has eased those concerns a bit.

But at the same time we still have the advantage individually over basically any team in this league.

I don't think we can truly say those concerns go away until promotion.
The bubble burst comment wasn’t aimed at you CJAY.

I agree you have never been a told you so.
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

DDB220 wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 7:29 am The bubble burst comment wasn’t aimed at you CJAY.

I agree you have never been a told you so.
Yeah Cjay did tell us that
AcrossThePondAsh
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by AcrossThePondAsh »

:fire: :fire: :fire: His look of smoldering intensity says it all--the man means business :fire: :fire: :fire:

Source: https://twitter.com/LUFCDATA/status/176 ... gr%5Etweet
In Farke we trust...
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

I notice at the end of the Wolves v Coventry game, Cov players celebrating with their fans at the end of the game, have nicked the Farke fist/punch salute.

How dare they?

12 minutes into the video

AcrossThePondAsh
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by AcrossThePondAsh »

Source: https://twitter.com/LUFCDATA/status/177 ... gr%5Etweet
In Farke we trust...
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

At best he can get 6 points more than Bielsa managed.

With a top 2 budget and players costing £100+mil more

Don't know if that says more about MB or DF.
Signed

King Cjay

The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Cjay wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 9:15 pm At best he can get 6 points more than Bielsa managed.

With a top 2 budget and players costing £100+mil more

Don't know if that says more about MB or DF.
Farke needs promotion or we can't talk about the two in the same breath... I don't think Farke is in the same class though, could be wrong if we go up and do ok.
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Daniel Farke- Press conference will be posted in here

Post by Cjay »

Farke's here - not tested the goalkeeper?

Most disappointing thing and the only disappointing thing. Afte being there with a draw, the feeling is we are frustrated and disappointed Had the chance to take a major step tonight in the table with our tally. Pleased with several things compared to Saturday. Back to control and domination. Crucial to get a clean sheet again tonight. Controlled all counters apart from last 10 of first half. Lots of pressure on them. So many set-pieces. Annoying we do not score from corners. Did not create enough chances. That's why we did not win. Unfortunate with several decisions. Handball in each half for penalties.

Added time. Not one Champ game in three years with three minutes added time. Harsh after so many subs for each team. Struggling today to create chances. Got the feeling we were unfortunate with decisions. To be self-ciritcal as well, did not test the goalkeeper enough. Not concentrating enough. Played passes too early or too long or too slow

Any explanation from the officials for the
decisions?

No and it makes no sense. In general, I never ask for reds, but act earlier with yellows because you send the message they can keep going with fouls. If there is a rule on handbells, then they should follow this. Player leant into the ball with their arm in the first half and the second half was not difficult to see.

Six letters with apologies this season for bad decisions. Two more now. Does not help us. Two penalties would have used one to win this game. Decisive moment. Credit to Sunderland, in four games they have had clean sheets. First goal is decisive and difficult.

How to change the creativity to get more chances?

Structure more better today than Coventry. Intensity better, Not happy with intensity on Saturday. Returned to much better today. Normally you should get two penalties and score out of them or a set-piece. Like in life, if you do not get what you deserve from the right process, stick with it.

Pleased we did not lose our nerve and open everything to concede on the counter. Sometimes the point can be valuable. Does not feel like this today, but it never did with Norwich. I know a point can be crucial. Not over the moon, but important not to lose.

How fair to say the team were over-reliant on Summerville?

Had that tendency against Coventry. Summerville is outstanding in his numbers and we do force it over that way. Too concentrated on this side. When you have a key player like him it's natural to find him. When you see how we share the goals and assists, we are not addicted to one side or player.

Got to stay calm?

Yes. In my first seasons as a manager I may have been nervous and crazy and throwing bottles on the pitch, but it is important to say analytical. Everyone can go crazy in our surroundings, but when you lead the club you show leadership and do not run around like a nervous hen.

I was not happy after Coventry, but pretty happy with many things tonight. In many facts it was a better performance. They are all young men. They would have been preferred to be top of the table tonight. Referee not there with the rith decisions, not the time to be over-critical with them.
Signed

King Cjay

SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Daniel Farke- Press conference will be posted in here

Post by SG90 »

Cjay wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 9:58 pm Farke's here - not tested the goalkeeper?

Most disappointing thing and the only disappointing thing. Afte being there with a draw, the feeling is we are frustrated and disappointed Had the chance to take a major step tonight in the table with our tally. Pleased with several things compared to Saturday. Back to control and domination. Crucial to get a clean sheet again tonight. Controlled all counters apart from last 10 of first half. Lots of pressure on them. So many set-pieces. Annoying we do not score from corners. Did not create enough chances. That's why we did not win. Unfortunate with several decisions. Handball in each half for penalties.

Added time. Not one Champ game in three years with three minutes added time. Harsh after so many subs for each team. Struggling today to create chances. Got the feeling we were unfortunate with decisions. To be self-ciritcal as well, did not test the goalkeeper enough. Not concentrating enough. Played passes too early or too long or too slow

Any explanation from the officials for the
decisions?

No and it makes no sense. In general, I never ask for reds, but act earlier with yellows because you send the message they can keep going with fouls. If there is a rule on handbells, then they should follow this. Player leant into the ball with their arm in the first half and the second half was not difficult to see.

Six letters with apologies this season for bad decisions. Two more now. Does not help us. Two penalties would have used one to win this game. Decisive moment. Credit to Sunderland, in four games they have had clean sheets. First goal is decisive and difficult.

How to change the creativity to get more chances?

Structure more better today than Coventry. Intensity better, Not happy with intensity on Saturday. Returned to much better today. Normally you should get two penalties and score out of them or a set-piece. Like in life, if you do not get what you deserve from the right process, stick with it.

Pleased we did not lose our nerve and open everything to concede on the counter. Sometimes the point can be valuable. Does not feel like this today, but it never did with Norwich. I know a point can be crucial. Not over the moon, but important not to lose.

How fair to say the team were over-reliant on Summerville?

Had that tendency against Coventry. Summerville is outstanding in his numbers and we do force it over that way. Too concentrated on this side. When you have a key player like him it's natural to find him. When you see how we share the goals and assists, we are not addicted to one side or player.

Got to stay calm?

Yes. In my first seasons as a manager I may have been nervous and crazy and throwing bottles on the pitch, but it is important to say analytical. Everyone can go crazy in our surroundings, but when you lead the club you show leadership and do not run around like a nervous hen.

I was not happy after Coventry, but pretty happy with many things tonight. In many facts it was a better performance. They are all young men. They would have been preferred to be top of the table tonight. Referee not there with the rith decisions, not the time to be over-critical with them.
No questions about the subs or certain players playing, what a surprise.