2023/24 Championship Thread

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Re: 2023/24 Championship Thread

Post by 1964white »

Cjay wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 5:51 pm Not Championship I know but didn't know where else it should go

95 points and promoted by March is crazy form.

100 goals scored

Couple of familiar names.

Paul Cook of beat us 2-1 when at Wigan is manager

Will Grigg of Will Grigg's on fire fame is top scorer
Almost 10,000 fans attended for their promotion party.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Fingers crossed for Aldershot as well
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Out of our hands again.

Monday could be interesting

12:30pm

Leicester vs Norwich.

Over the last 12 games Norwich are joint 2nd for form with Ipswich (26 points)

17:30pm

Ipswich vs Southampton

1st vs 4th.

20:00

Leeds vs Hull.

No wins in 5 for Hull but they've given the top teams real scares recently (last win was vs Southampton and should have beaten Leicester)
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Cjay wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 11:04 pm Out of our hands again.

Leicester vs Norwich.

Ipswich vs Southampton

1st vs 4th.

Leeds vs Hull.

No wins in 5 for Hull but they've given the top teams real scares recently (last win was vs Southampton and should have beaten Leicester)
I expect Leicester to beat Norwich as it is just the way football seems to work. Lose games you wouldn't expect them to lose but then when you think it is a game they might lose they will probably turn in their best performance for ages and get the win.

Wonder with Hull if it an attitude thing. Their new loan players seemed to have turned up for the 'big games' against teams going at them and giving them space. When they have played against the teams they would expect to beat have their players simply thought they just need to turn up to win. Denied space by teams that are kicking and biting for every point and they haven't liked it. Could be a really tricky game for us as the onus is on us to attack but likely it will leave spaces for their flair players. Hopefully Gruev is back.

Ipswich v Southampton and it is getting closer to the point where every match is a must win for Southampton. Games in hand are useful but if you get to the point where you need to win every match then it gets very tough. Sounded like Southampton should have beaten Middlesborough and maybe out of the top 4 sides they played the best today. Their 3 week break should have really refreshed them and I wouldn't write them off. True they have a hectic schedule but if they can get on a winning run then having to keep playing isn't a bad thing for them.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Cjay wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 11:04 pm Out of our hands again.

Leicester vs Norwich.

Ipswich vs Southampton

1st vs 4th.

Leeds vs Hull.

If you think this Leicester side can win out from here, you're right. But they're going to need to get a lot better. Of the top three we were the best team yesterday and we had excuses for losing the others didn't. Blackburn were poor but they were better than Ipswich
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
1964white

Post by 1964white »

The Subhuman wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 12:30 pm If you think this Leicester side can win out from here, you're right. But they're going to need to get a lot better. Of the top three we were the best team yesterday and we had excuses for losing the others didn't. Blackburn were poor but they were better than Ipswich
Ipswich got lucky again, yesterday.
Clacton White
First Team
First Team

Post by Clacton White »

1964white wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 1:31 pm Ipswich got lucky again, yesterday.
I wish the bumpkin scum would stop this, I was hoping they would get relegated back to where they belong this season. The hope now s they get play offs fail and bigger clubs come in for all their best players and manager. I hate them , much preferred last few seasons where they were of no significance whatsoever....bring back Roy Keane , or Mick McCarthy I say....or get a manager more to their standing in football...Pulis , Pardew etc . Like I say ....I hate them , girlfriends family support the 6 fingered bumpkin retards .
Also...they are getting ideas much above their station, talking about back to back promotions , can almost smell the premier league ( sorry , no , that's the shite on the fields around the land time forgot....Suffolk )
To anyone that hasn't worked it out , I can't stand them . Only Chelscum and Manure are above them in my hate list, possibly Cardiff on par .
Clacton White
First Team
First Team

Post by Clacton White »

1964white wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 1:31 pm Ipswich got lucky again, yesterday.
And yes , they seem to get an extreme overabundance of luck this season .
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

Clacton White wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 1:48 pm I wish the bumpkin scum would stop this, I was hoping they would get relegated back to where they belong this season. The hope now s they get play offs fail and bigger clubs come in for all their best players and manager. I hate them , much preferred last few seasons where they were of no significance whatsoever....bring back Roy Keane , or Mick McCarthy I say....or get a manager more to their standing in football...Pulis , Pardew etc . Like I say ....I hate them , girlfriends family support the 6 fingered bumpkin retards .
Also...they are getting ideas much above their station, talking about back to back promotions , can almost smell the premier league ( sorry , no , that's the shite on the fields around the land time forgot....Suffolk )
To anyone that hasn't worked it out , I can't stand them . Only Chelscum and Manure are above them in my hate list, possibly Cardiff on par .
Steady on Clackers lad 😂
I live in lovely Suffolk.
Anyway as everyone has pointed out Ipswich will fade 🙄
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Clacton White wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 1:48 pm I wish the bumpkin scum would stop this, I was hoping they would get relegated back to where they belong this season. The hope now s they get play offs fail and bigger clubs come in for all their best players and manager. I hate them , much preferred last few seasons where they were of no significance whatsoever....bring back Roy Keane , or Mick McCarthy I say....or get a manager more to their standing in football...Pulis , Pardew etc . Like I say ....I hate them , girlfriends family support the 6 fingered bumpkin retards .
No love lost, Clacton :lol:
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

6 fingered bumpkin retards 😂
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Clacton White wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 1:49 pm And yes , they seem to get an extreme overabundance of luck this season .
I can't comment on other games but I saw yesterdays and they were outplayed for the most part ... No one has out played us like that for nearly 90 minutes this season. Some teams have had a good 20-30 minutes but even they're rare
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

The Subhuman wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 12:30 pm If you think this Leicester side can win out from here, you're right. But they're going to need to get a lot better. Of the top three we were the best team yesterday and we had excuses for losing the others didn't. Blackburn were poor but they were better than Ipswich
I don't think injuries are an excuse myself, every team gets injuries its why you build a squad.

Leicester have had much worse injury problems than us this season, we've actually been quite lucky.

I think Leicester are fading but they have individual quality and an easier run than us.

Ipswich are resilient and don't lose much, plus have the experience of a promotion run just last season.

I'm confident one of them drops points on Monday however.
Signed

King Cjay

The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Cjay wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 2:25 pm I don't think injuries are an excuse myself, every team gets injuries its why you build a squad.

Leicester have had much worse injury problems than us this season, we've actually been quite lucky.

I think Leicester are fading but they have individual quality and an easier run than us.

Ipswich are resilient and don't lose much, plus have the experience of a promotion run just last season.
They're not but they can have an affect on the game when you have to make so many changes. Those players will need to bed back in and normally that wouldn't be an issue but it is this season...

Farke has two promotions from this division which trumps anything Leicester/Ipswich have and we have the best squad ...
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Jaydog wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 1:50 pm Steady on Clackers lad 😂
I think you proved his argument!
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

weasel wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 3:01 pm I think you proved his argument!
Open goal.
Clacton White
First Team
First Team

Post by Clacton White »

Jaydog wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 1:50 pm Steady on Clackers lad 😂
Funnily enough during Leeds away game early in season at Ipscum , I was out with friends walking in Suffolk....around Boxford and Kersey area , it was lovely out there , usually go a couple of times a year that way . Might do Kersey out to Semer this year .
Have you ever heard of the time slip incident at Kersey....spooky tale and it's on YouTube .
I do wonder if they still burn people for being witches there....only joking . I only live one county down .... Essex, though I am originally a Brummie .
BobHirst
Manager
Manager

Post by BobHirst »

Once is luck, twice is lucky, three times is very lucky. What is eight or nine or ten times?
Maybe they're good!
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

Clacton White wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 5:33 pm Funnily enough during Leeds away game early in season at Ipscum , I was out with friends walking in Suffolk....around Boxford and Kersey area , it was lovely out there , usually go a couple of times a year that way . Might do Kersey out to Semer this year .
Have you ever heard of the time slip incident at Kersey....spooky tale and it's on YouTube .
I do wonder if they still burn people for being witches there....only joking . I only live one county down .... Essex, though I am originally a Brummie .
I’m not sure about the time slip thing. Probably the occasion playing tricks on them.
Born in Sutton Coldfield but I’m not sure it qualifies me as a Brummie at least I effing hope not 😂
I left when I was 1. Not on my own of course.
Just warned the wife about the burning witches thing. She’ll keep her head down for a while 🧙
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Plymouth sacked manager Ian Foster last night.

They have surprisingly not put out the Colin signal

Director of Football Neil Dewsnip supported by first-team coach Kevin Nancekivell will take charge for the rest of the season.

It's incredible Victor Orta never tried this tbh.
Signed

King Cjay