Leeds Utd 0-2 Manchester Utd - Post Match Debate

Archive for all MOT match day threads including match previews, in game chat, reports and ratings.
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Twitter: @EllandBack1

Match Thread Leeds Utd 0-2 Manchester Utd - Post Match Debate

Post by Ellandback1 »

Sunday 12th February 2:00pm | Elland Road

Four days since their last skirmish, which ended in stalemate, Leeds go into battle once more against the red side of Manchester. The Whites produced a performance few expected was possible from a managerless side, without a league win in 14 weeks, but they dug deep, were well organised and turned on the style. Gnonto became only the second player in history to score a first-minute Premier League goal against Man United. The scene is set for a jam packed Elland Road on Sunday lunchtime.

Leeds will be without Stuart Dallas, Rodrigo, Archie Gray and Adam Forshaw. There are also question marks regarding Sinisterra (hamstring) and Struijk (concussion) who sustained war battles at Old Trafford. Firpo and Summerville are likely to deputise. It has been suggested that Cooper and Roca are both carrying knocks, which kept them sidelined from Wednesdays game, but it's hard to argue that Wober and McKennie should be dropped. If Roca is fit, it gives Michael Skubala the option to go with three in the middle of midfield.

Leeds cetainly don't have a problem scoring against Manchester United, having netted four times in their last two League appearances against their old rivals. The question will be whether Leeds can keep Erik ten Hag's out and convert draws and losses into a win. The last win for Leeds in the League coming over 20 years ago when Harry Kewell's headed goal gave Leeds all three points.

Casemiro is serving the second of a three-game ban. Donny van de Beek (knee), Christian Eriksen (ankle), Santos (knock), Scott McTominay (knock), Anthony Martial (hip) will all miss the trip to Yorkshire's finest. Defender Aaron Wan-Bissaka could return from illness.

Be more secure streaming games this season! Get NordVPN with 68% off + 3 months free...

The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Leeds Utd v Manchester Utd Match Thread

Post by The Subhuman »

Meslier
Ayling
Firpo
Adams
Koch
Wober
Summerville
McKennie
Bamford
Aaronson
Gnonto
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
mentalcase

Post by mentalcase »

Lunchtime, thought it was 14.00 !!
"Critics are men that watch a battle from a high place, then come down and shoot the survivors"
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

Depending on availability, I'd go with:

Meslier
Ayling
Koch
Wober
Struijk
Adams
McKennie
Roca
Summerville
Bamford
Gnonto
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

Struijk out

Sini, Roca and Cooper to be assessed but I reckon Sini will be protected.
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
Pullhard
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Pullhard »

Irish Ian wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 1:40 pm
Sini, Roca and Cooper to be assessed but I reckon Sini will be protected.
Sini must be best mates with Forshaw at this stage - the treatment room sick notes are mounting up.
Leeds1000
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Leeds1000 »

Ayling need to rest those legs because he's got it all to do again on Sunday. Please Lord can you provide us with an immaculate conception LB before Sunday.. I promise i will return to Church (until i get bored again at least)
Chilli D
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Chilli D »

faaip wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 10:37 am Meslier
Ayling
Firpo
Adams
Koch
Wober
Summerville
McKennie
Bamford
Aaronson
Gnonto
It will be this except they will probably go with Harrison over Aaronson.
The flowers of common sense do not grow in everyone's garden
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

I'm hoping they'll realise Aaronson is the better 10
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

Fitness will play a huge part on Sunday.
They have returning players while we look a bit light.

Re faip. Brenden needs a performance on Sunday he is on the road to be this seasons version of Costa and Dan James.
'
billysboots
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by billysboots »

McKennie has established himself in all our team selections very quickly.
There Is Only One United.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Aaronson was leading my player of the season up to the WC break, quality is there. I'd be happier starting him against quality than cloggers....
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

Irish Ian wrote: Sat Feb 11, 2023 9:34 am Fitness will play a huge part on Sunday.
They have returning players while we look a bit light.

Re faip. Brenden needs a performance on Sunday he is on the road to be this seasons version of Costa and Dan James.
Who's returning for them ? They have half a team out in Casemiro - Eriksen - Martial - Anthony - Mcshite -

We should, and he will, be going at them full 5- a-side throttle

Pascal knocked out so is he gonna put us in the awful position of risking walking yellow card clumsy cant Firpo ? I don't think because of Clown that he has a choice does he ? Wober possibly and Coops LCH.....so full throttle Skoobs you should be looking at..

Les Mes
Ayling - Koch - Cooper - Wober
Adams
Sinisterra - McKennie - Harrison - Gnonto
Bamford

Go with 'we'll score more than you' Skoobs and tha never knows, it might work v EFC too :tup:

How have we ended up with 4 players in Gnonto, Summerville, Sinisterra, Harrison whose best position is the left wing cutting in and all are weaker on the right ?

Coz i'd like to see Jimmy somewhere, perhaps playing off Pat.
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek:

;@)
Orange Box
Manager
Manager

Post by Orange Box »

mentalcase wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 11:12 am Lunchtime, thought it was 14.00 !!
D’ya mean dinner time Mental?
WARNING: During game time, any post I make is not to be taken seriously, neither is it meant as offence. I'm a hot-blooded creature prone to moments of exasperation and expletive.
DDB220
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by DDB220 »

I would start Aaronson everyday of the week ahead of Harrison in the 10 position. With Adams and McKennie behind him you will see a different player.

LB is a huge issue if Struijk is out. Firpo will get booked in no time and then he will be walking a tightrope. I just do not trust him to not commit clumsy late tackles against pace.
DDB220
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by DDB220 »

Can’t be beat a double negative
BlackHillsPaul
First Team
First Team

Post by BlackHillsPaul »

---------------------------------------Meslier----------------------------------------
Ayling-------------Koch---------------------------Worber--------------Junior
---------------------------------------Adams-----------------------------------------
------------McKennie----------------------------------Aaronson---------------
Summerville---------------------Bamford--------------------------Gnonto

For me Jimmy is in the starting eleven ahead of anyone else on the right side. I liked the look of our 4-3-3 at Old Trafford. I'm assuming Struijk will sit out due to concussion protocols. So Junior get's the start. I prefer Aaronson over Harrison in this set up. If Roca is fit I would not mind seeing him in that spot. But Brenden can help us transition to the attack when we win possession.
Football/Futbol/Soccer
DDB220
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by DDB220 »

The problem we have is without one of Harrison, Roca and Greenwood we had a set play issue. However, such is our lack of delivery consistency I am not overly concerned that it would make a difference.
hector

Post by hector »

BlackHillsPaul wrote: Sat Feb 11, 2023 5:05 pm ---------------------------------------Meslier----------------------------------------
Ayling-------------Koch---------------------------Worber--------------Junior
---------------------------------------Adams-----------------------------------------
------------McKennie----------------------------------Aaronson---------------
Summerville---------------------Bamford--------------------------Gnonto

For me Jimmy is in the starting eleven ahead of anyone else on the right side. I liked the look of our 4-3-3 at Old Trafford. I'm assuming Struijk will sit out due to concussion protocols. So Junior get's the start. I prefer Aaronson over Harrison in this set up. If Roca is fit I would not mind seeing him in that spot. But Brenden can help us transition to the attack when we win possession.
Like the look of that team... Would prefer Rodrigo instead of Bamford, but alas.....

The only problem I see in the future....... Where will Forshaw fit in? and who would we drop?? :)