Leeds Utd 0-2 Manchester Utd - Post Match Debate

Archive for all MOT match day threads including match previews, in game chat, reports and ratings.
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Leeds Utd v Manchester Utd Match Thread

Post by SG90 »

DDB220 wrote: Sun Feb 12, 2023 4:26 pm I agree with our loss of shape after Bamford went off. The problem is he doesn’t look like scoring when he is on the pitch currently. We have a real problem up front with Rodrigo injured. I agree on the evidence, that so far Rutter isn’t the answer as a like for like replacement. For all the money we have spent we still find ourselves short and pretty toothless when we need a cutting edge. Summerville was our biggest threat today, he was unlucky he didn’t get on the score sheet, but out of our 4 attacking players he was the only one who got himself in a position to score and that just isn’t enough to win games like this.
Yep in complete agreement with that.
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

Don’t get the Greenwood obsession. He’s just not that good. Surely an alternative like Gyabi
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Chilli D wrote: Sun Feb 12, 2023 4:19 pm I think I'm right in saying we conceded all four goals in the two games after Paddy was substituted.
Probably, I thought he played well again today, he never was a great finisher but his work as a CF has improved this season. Still not convinced by Harrison as a ten. I think he and Gnonto occupy the same space
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Leeds1000
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Leeds1000 »

Tactically sound, man to man sound, energy levels sound... just undone by a man at the top of his form and an even better ball into him. The next 3 games are vital to our season. mu didn't impress me at all they just have game changer expensive players.

Once again im happy with the effort on another day Jimmy slots one of his chances away like Willy did Wednesday and its a different outcome. They knew they got away with one there..It was back to the mu of old scoring in the 10th minute of Fergie time performance.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Horse Racing Re: Leeds Utd v Manchester Utd Match Thread

Post by 1964white »

Baldbloke wrote: Sun Feb 12, 2023 3:13 pm Everyone single set piece...
Hand over mouths
Whisper whisper whisper
Comes to nothing 🙄
Annoying eh?
DDB220
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by DDB220 »

But defensively we look far better with the current centre back pairing, besides the Fernandez opportunity which was self inflicted and the speculative Dalot shot that hit the bar we contained them really well until Rashford scored. Fine margins is a cliche but it is so apt for today. Shaw’s cross was an excellent delivery and inch perfect from a tight position.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Baldbloke wrote: Sun Feb 12, 2023 3:17 pm Bamford off Rutter on
Looks disappointed does Paddy
Changed the game.
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

billysboots wrote: Sun Feb 12, 2023 3:58 pm Play like that against bottom half teams and we might start to win points.
That's the key. We definitely look more like a football side again now and it gives me hopes really that we can take points from most teams now, for sure we will lose a few but should win a fair few, hopefully enough.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Leeds1000 wrote: Sun Feb 12, 2023 4:32 pm Tactically sound, man to man sound, energy levels sound... just undone by a man at the top of his form and an even better ball into him. The next 3 games are vital to our season. mu didn't impress me at all they just have game changer expensive players.

Once again im happy with the effort on another day Jimmy slots one of his chances away like Willy did Wednesday and its a different outcome. They knew they got away with one there..It was back to the mu of old scoring in the 10th minute of Fergie time performance.
Good summery, and agree... Thought defensively that was our best performance of the season and undone by a great goal while De Gaia kept them in it with 3/4 top saves.

Weber's error was the only negative defensive thing really...
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

1964white wrote: Sun Feb 12, 2023 4:34 pm Changed the game.
I have high hopes for Rutter but a striker he ain't, they didn't need to defend the box once Paddy left and it showed. OK Pady's control let him down and a dive was it for the Summerville chance meant he wasn't there for the rebound.... but you need a 9 on the pitch to keep defences honest.
Leeds1000
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Leeds1000 »

faaip wrote: Sun Feb 12, 2023 4:36 pm Good summery, and agree... Thought defensively that was our best performance of the season and undone by a great goal while De Gaia kept them in it with 3/4 top saves.

Weber's error was the only negative defensive thing really...
Yeah i thought we were solid and with good shape throughout. Their goal rattled us a bit towards the end understandably.
DDB220
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by DDB220 »

1964white wrote: Sun Feb 12, 2023 4:33 pm Annoying eh?
Our set piece routines are absolutely garbage. Harrison has it in his locker to deliver a quality ball. We just seem to over think every free kick. The early one where Bamford and Harrison had a discussion was then truly sh*te. Harrison just passed timidly it to one of their players. We really do need a different option to mix it up.
A Tourist
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by A Tourist »

DDB220 wrote: Sun Feb 12, 2023 4:26 pm I agree with our loss of shape after Bamford went off. The problem is he doesn’t look like scoring when he is on the pitch currently. We have a real problem up front with Rodrigo injured. I agree on the evidence, that so far Rutter isn’t the answer as a like for like replacement. For all the money we have spent we still find ourselves short and pretty toothless when we need a cutting edge. Summerville was our biggest threat today, he was unlucky he didn’t get on the score sheet, but out of our 4 attacking players he was the only one who got himself in a position to score and that just isn’t enough to win games like this.
Fully agreed. Their pressing in a 4-3-3 with Gnonto pulled back with McKennie and Adams didnt help Gnonto till they kind of removed the shackles in the 2nd half. Still looked dangerous when he pulled in off the left for me but Harrison and Bamford coulda played another 90 w/o a shot on goal.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

DDB220 wrote: Sun Feb 12, 2023 4:39 pm Our set piece routines are absolutely garbage. Harrison has it in his locker to deliver a quality ball. We just seem to over think every free kick. The early one where Bamford and Harrison had a discussion was then truly sh*te. Harrison just passed timidly it to one of their players. We really do need a different option to mix it up.
Harrison's corners from the right were excellent, Greenwood's FK and corners caused problems....
Chilli D
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Chilli D »

DDB220 wrote: Sun Feb 12, 2023 4:34 pm But defensively we look far better with the current centre back pairing, besides the Fernandez opportunity which was self inflicted and the speculative Dalot shot that hit the bar we contained them really well until Rashford scored. Fine margins is a cliche but it is so apt for today. Shaw’s cross was an excellent delivery and inch perfect from a tight position.
Yes all very true.
It looked for all the world that we would get a point right up until their first goal.
Absolutely pig sick this evening.
The flowers of common sense do not grow in everyone's garden
Tyzy
First Team
First Team

Post by Tyzy »

Well it's a point more than I thought we would have after these 2 games ,GD not been hammered either.
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Scum did a Raphinha on Gnonto and put two men on him, hence the quieter game today.
Chilli D
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Chilli D »

A couple of weeks ago we were all wondering who would start games due to having so many available and in the blink of an eye we're without Cooper, Roca, Sinisterra, Rodrigo and Struijk.
The flowers of common sense do not grow in everyone's garden
DDB220
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by DDB220 »

faaip wrote: Sun Feb 12, 2023 4:41 pm Harrison's corners from the right were excellent, Greenwood's FK and corners caused problems....
Can you remember the last time we scored from a set piece ? Struijk is our biggest threat in the opposition box for a directly delivered set piece.
It isn’t just the delivery it is also the way we attack the ball.
A Tourist
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by A Tourist »

DDB220 wrote: Sun Feb 12, 2023 4:47 pm Can you remember the last time we scored from a set piece ? Struijk is our biggest threat in the opposition box for a directly delivered set piece.
It isn’t just the delivery it is also the way we attack the ball.
Direct from would be Cooper against Bournemouth, no? Greenwood kick?