Nottingham Forest 1-0 Leeds Utd - Match Debate

Archive for all MOT match day threads including match previews, in game chat, reports and ratings.
Barlow Boy
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Re: Nottingham Forest 1-0 Leeds Utd - Match Debate

Post by Barlow Boy »

weasel wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 7:17 pm As long as one of the birds is the Marsch Tit

Marsch’s eyes look as dark as that birds.
Don’t cry because you said goodbye to your pet, smile because you said hello
Chilli D
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Chilli D »

Barlow Boy wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 7:01 pm He doesn’t look a well man to me, putting him out of his misery would be the kindest thing to do.
I don't think he'll be sacked this week but I think if we get 0 points against Manure he will be gone.
The flowers of common sense do not grow in everyone's garden
Barlow Boy
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Barlow Boy »

Chilli D wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 7:20 pm I don't think he'll be sacked this week but I think if we get 0 points against Manure he will be gone.
I agree. Chilli.

That said, we are just prolonging the inevitable and that isn’t doing us or him any good.
Don’t cry because you said goodbye to your pet, smile because you said hello
Pubrunner
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Pubrunner »

Jaydog wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 6:31 pm
What a terrible game of football. Are Forest that good, beyond their goal they offered nothing. How on earth are we 6 points behind that lot I’ll never know
I share this ^^^ opinion.

We played a very, very poor Forest team, which offered very little threat - other than the goal. Yet somehow, we contrived to lose yet again.

It's very depressing stuff; whilst I've previously resisted calls for "Marsch out", I'm beginning to revise my opinion.

IF we are relegated, the question must be, which players will be able to retain ? Gnonto for one, will be off !
Last edited by Pubrunner on Sun Feb 05, 2023 7:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Leeds1000
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Re: Nottingham Forest v Leeds Utd Match Thread - Bamford & Cooper Start

Post by Leeds1000 »

SG90 wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 5:01 pm Gerrard :sick: Imagine how much Radz and Orta would jizz themselves over it
Another one where "I predict a riot" would come into play.
WhiteRose
First Team
First Team

Post by WhiteRose »

Forest were shite today yet the media going on about the genius that is Steve cooper - they won though so thems the breaks. We beat, Chelsea and Liverpool, gave arsenal and spurs a good game and drew with Newcastle so its not outside the realms of possibility that we take a point or three from scum - just not sure if a result would do us more harm than good in the long term
Jimang
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Jimang »

We seem to be lacking balance in my view, despite all the signings since the Summer, and some have been very good, there are positions we are still lacking and others we are over stocked in. Gnonto, Summerville, Sinesterra and Harrison all seem much more comfortable on the left wing than anywhere else. Whoever you move to the right side seem to lose their form. We still don't have a legitimate Left Full back other than Firpo, who is not up to the job, and we are now short of senior right sided Centre Backs. So we seem to be putting good players into positions they are not best suited to. This showed today against Forest, along with poor tactics, and lack of creativity and composure.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

1964white wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 5:54 pm There was fighting amongst Leeds fans just in front of where my good pal was standing.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

Cjay wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 8:15 pm
And Orta slips quietly away.
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek:

;@)
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Jaydog wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 6:54 pm I also watched on delay Chilli. When it got to 70 odd minutes I wanted to fast forward as it was painful to watch. Also Marsch is starting to look like a freak on the touchline. Like he’s having an endless panic attack
Looks like Marsch has aged ten years in the space of twelve months.
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

WhiteRose wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 7:32 pm Forest were shite today yet the media going on about the genius that is Steve cooper - they won though so thems the breaks. We beat, Chelsea and Liverpool, gave arsenal and spurs a good game and drew with Newcastle so its not outside the realms of possibility that we take a point or three from scum - just not sure if a result would do us more harm than good in the long term
Forest beat Liverpool and drew with Chelsea. Our results against those 2 have been somewhat dimished by how poor a season both those teams are having.
A Tourist
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by A Tourist »

Marsch is out of time. I don't think there is a real answer to missing a couple sitters and the backline's keystone cops act (except buying an actual ####ing LB instead of 30 million on Weston McKennie), but the board needs to try something. If he isnt gone tomorrow, Man United will do it. The results simply are not there and, at this point, its indefensible.
A Tourist
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by A Tourist »

Bamford whiffing into a perfect pass to Ayling and we still dont score. #### me.
A Tourist
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by A Tourist »

1964white wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 8:33 pm Looks like Marsch has aged ten years in the space of twelve months.
As well he should. He should be ####ing stressed. He can relax when theyre winning or he's out the door. Until then . . .
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

So who was marking Forest's most dangerous forward Johnson on the edge of the box?

Do our players have any football intelligence/awareness?
Carrick Dave
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Carrick Dave »

1964white wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 8:33 pm Looks like Marsch has aged ten years in the space of twelve months.
The day after he gets sacked he's going to wake up and think "Thank feck for that".
Victor_Notts-17
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Victor_Notts-17 »

Jaydog wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 7:08 pmI’ll do it.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Victor_Notts-17
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Victor_Notts-17 »

Pubrunner wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 7:27 pm IF we are relegated, the question must be, which players will be able to retain ? Gnonto for one, will be off !
He's far too good for us and will go for big money end of season. Unless... unless Marsch goes and we stay up. That's the only way we are going to keep him beyond this season...
mentalcase

Post by mentalcase »

Carrick Dave wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 11:04 pm The day after he gets sacked he's going to wake up and think "Thank feck for that".
Tha's not wrong there Dave, wasn't his gig in t' first place tbh, stop gap till t' board realised the takeover situation, this is why I reckon things cannot escalate till will we know where we stand with the take over business.
JM was never the man, a stop gap, a go-between, a scapegoat for the mess the previous manager and the situation the board left by resting on their tight arsed laurels.
Who would take this poisoned chalice !!
"Critics are men that watch a battle from a high place, then come down and shoot the survivors"
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

mentalcase wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 12:35 am Tha's not wrong there Dave, wasn't his gig in t' first place tbh, stop gap till t' board realised the takeover situation, this is why I reckon things cannot escalate till will we know where we stand with the take over business.
JM was never the man, a stop gap, a go-between, a scapegoat for the mess the previous manager and the situation the board left by resting on their tight arsed laurels.
Who would take this poisoned chalice !!
Poison chalice.....those words came to me earlier....Indeed.