Bilesa's teams couldn't defend

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Re: Bilesa's teams couldn't defend

Post by Kennyb41 »

weasel wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 9:57 pm Worth noting that MB never looked to play Forshaw as a defensive midfielder. He also seemed to see him as a box to box midfielder. Whatever he saw in KP he presumably didn't see it in Forshaw and didn't think it was possible to weave his magic on Forshaw. He saw something in KP and probably because of what MB managed to achieve with KP a lot of fans seemed to think he could just do that with anybody. Admittedly he did work his magic on a lot of our players but some players you just can't teach.
Absolutely right, Forshaw nowhere near as good a moving into space brain as KP, so he found another use going into that forawrd role, which he might have been very good at if he weren't crocked all the time.
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek:

;@)
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Kennyb41 wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 10:12 pm Exactly, KP was key to everything
Have just put up some fascinating facts about KP's influence (or the lack of it in our beatings) - decided to put it in its own thread so it doesn't get lost in this.
Musicman1965
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Musicman1965 »

The facts of the matter are well documented and Bielsa had a terrible defensive record at Leeds. Now we could start spouting stats about how good we were at Championship level but in the Premier League, that's the acid test
When we finished 9th on our first season back 20/21 season
We conceded 79 goals (fact) this makes us the 13th best defence out of 20 teams. Not really good but our attack saved us.
In 21/20 the wheels fell off and we conceded 79 goals which has to be some sort of record and 19th best defence. These are facts and
be found easily. Beisla was a crap manager defensively at Premier League Level........ absolute fact
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

FFS
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

hello, this has returned ....
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

It’s a f**king loop. A twat arsed loop I tell thee
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

I heard the Titanic sank .....
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

The Titanic sank because it couldn’t defend itself from icebergs. Essentially the Titanic couldn’t defend.
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

Musicman1965 wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 7:07 pm The facts of the matter are well documented and Bielsa had a terrible defensive record at Leeds. Now we could start spouting stats about how good we were at Championship level but in the Premier League, that's the acid test
We conceded 79 goals (fact) this makes us the 13th best defence out of 20 teams. Not really good but our attack saved us.
In 21/20 the wheels fell off and we conceded 79 goals which has to be some sort of record and 19th best defence. These are facts and
be found easily. Beisla was a crap manager defensively at Premier League Level........ absolute fact
You mentioned the word fact a few times but then went on to spout ( your word) errors.

54 goals conceded in the 20/21 season. (In fact you couldnt even get those numbers right)

:tup:
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
Leeds1000
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Leeds1000 »

Musicman1965 wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 7:07 pm The facts of the matter are well documented and Bielsa had a terrible defensive record at Leeds. Now we could start spouting stats about how good we were at Championship level but in the Premier League, that's the acid test
To quote The Jam "That's Entertainment" Give me Marcelo's swash buckling have no fear attack attack attack footy over anything Dyche could come up with defensively, but that's just me. I play Chess with the same mind set. George Graham laid the foundations but without O'Leary following his work would largely be forgotten.

And lets not forget we all had written Hecky's team of no hopers league one standard wasters. Point me to another manager who gets a tune out of that side like Marcelo did?
velo
Manager
Manager

Post by velo »

I'm not going to say too much or the Bielsa bum boys will be up in arms, but we have conceded considerably less under Jesse, yet they all want him gone, in a vain hope that MB will return. Sorry folks I've got more chance of becoming pregnant !
Stop worryin' about what people say, when it ain't gonna stop them anyway.

Hater of Liars, Cheats and Trolls

Freedom of speech is not allowed if it upsets the mods
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

velo wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 3:22 pm I'm not going to say too much or the Bielsa bum boys will be up in arms, but we have conceded considerably less under Jesse, yet they all want him gone, in a vain hope that MB will return. Sorry folks I've got more chance of becoming pregnant !
Such a queer thing to say considering we've conceded 52 in the 32 league matches under JM. An average of 1.625 per game. Not to even mention the cup matches where Cardiff and Accrington have smashed 5 past us in 3 matches, and it could have been more. He's not really the second coming of George Graham.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Don't really appreciate being called bum boy..... I'm also a huge Revie fan. Guess there's no hope for me
velo
Manager
Manager

Post by velo »

Save your breathe Weasel, I'm not interested in your opinion on anything......

Screenshot_15.jpg

velo
Manager
Manager

Post by velo »

faaip wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 3:35 pm Don't really appreciate being called bum boy..... I'm also a huge Revie fan. Guess there's no hope for me
LOL, ok in the present toxic tone between me and a certain poster, shall we say bosom pal?

Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

Let's go rate the ref !! :clapp: :supbo:
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek:

;@)
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

velo wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 3:41 pm LOL, ok in the present toxic tone between me and a certain poster, shall we say bosom pal?
Huge fan, third best manager in my lifetime a fag paper between him and Howard W...
velo
Manager
Manager

Post by velo »

faaip wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 3:42 pm Huge fan, third best manager in my lifetime a fag paper between him and Howard W...
Me too, but the ending was sad, which makes the man love for him kinda hard to take, I'll be honest O Leary was great , but got shafted by Liesdale....

weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

faaip wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 3:35 pm Don't really appreciate being called bum boy..... I'm also a huge Revie fan. Guess there's no hope for me
Don't be offended apparently it is okay for Velo to make as many homophobic remarks as he wants.
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

velo wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 3:44 pm Me too, but the ending was sad, which makes the man love for him kinda hard to take, I'll be honest O Leary was great , but got shafted by Liesdale....
And yet another homophobi remark.