Georginio Rutter-

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Barlow Boy
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Re: Georginio Rutter

Post by Barlow Boy »

1964white wrote: Mon Apr 10, 2023 10:14 pm Georginio dive in the penalty box was embarrassing!
As I said elsewhere Leon, he was getting pelters from those around me for that one.
Don’t cry because you said goodbye to your pet, smile because you said hello
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Barlow Boy wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 7:02 am As I said elsewhere Leon, he was getting pelters from those around me for that one.
Much of the kop reacted to Rutter's pathetic dive, great to see Leeds fans believing that type of cheating behaviour is unacceptable.
Barlow Boy
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Barlow Boy »

1964white wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 6:04 pm Much of the kop reacted to Rutter's pathetic dive, great to see Leeds fans believing that type of cheating behaviour is unacceptable.
It is mate, the ‘Ayling Flop’ is starting to wear a bit thin now too.
Don’t cry because you said goodbye to your pet, smile because you said hello
Ben Scooby lufc
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Ben Scooby lufc »

The lads also unfortunately trying too hard to make an impact. The pressure is mounting for him and the team.
;-) Yeboah against Liverpool :!: :!: Crossbar and in. :love: :love:
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Barlow Boy wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 7:26 pm It is mate, the ‘Ayling Flop’ is starting to wear a bit thin now too.
He got one of them totally wrong on Sunday, so bad the referee didn't fall for it.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Ben Scooby lufc wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 7:29 pm The lads also unfortunately trying too hard to make an impact. The pressure is mounting for him and the team.
Love your avatar, Ben :tup:
Ben Scooby lufc
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Thanks! I got lucky on Google for the Avatar😀 And finally a decent lufc message board!!
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Ben Scooby lufc wrote: Thu Apr 13, 2023 11:32 am Thanks! I got lucky on Google for the Avatar😀 And finally a decent lufc message board!!
Nice to hear it, enjoy our MOT forum. :tup:
Tyzy
First Team
First Team

Post by Tyzy »

I loved Scooby Doo when i was a kid,theme tune is brill 😁
Ben Scooby lufc
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Ha Ha thanks a lot. The cartoon was class!! 😂
DDB220
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by DDB220 »

Ben Scooby lufc wrote: Thu Apr 13, 2023 11:50 am Ha Ha thanks a lot. The cartoon was class!! 😂
Rumour has it that Kenny found the plots too intricate for his taste.
Ben Scooby lufc
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

:tup:
DDB220 wrote: Thu Apr 13, 2023 9:19 pm Rumour has it that Kenny found the plots too intricate for his taste.
Ben Scooby lufc
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

1964white wrote: Thu Apr 13, 2023 11:44 am Nice to hear it, enjoy our MOT forum. :tup:
Thanks for the msg. I will try make the most of it MOT. :-D
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Been thinking about Rutter

Phil Hay did an article today mentioning him and how many clubs consider him a decent prospect for the future but we signed him for the now.

And it isn't working.

No goals, no assists, not even a shot on target.

And he is becoming a bit if a target for fan frustration.

He is our record signing, he is our striker we have been asking for, he is one of our top earners.

But he is clearly not ready, you don't have to be a scout to see that.

It reminds me of Jay Roy Grot, he was thrown to the lions when he was nowhere near ready.

And he did an interview about how much it affected him

Alone, strange country, not working on the pitch etc

So I hope the club are looking after Rutter because it isn't his fault that he has been put in this position

It is of course our ego maniac DOF and the thick as mince football dunces above him who blindly follow him because they know nothing (I include the 49ers in that)

Buying a kid so he can brag about how visionary he is in 5 years if Rutter comes good down the line.

No thought to the now and the good of the club and the player himself.

I hope someone is looking after Rutter

He clearly isn't ready and he probably knows it himself.

Should never have been put in this situation

But that isn't on him

Hope he is being looked after
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
lufc1304
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @DrGonzo2411

Post by lufc1304 »

Well said, Cjay. As fans, we sometimes forget that players are human, with the same frailties as the rest of us. Getting stick is part and parcel of the game, but I do hope you're right and there is some sort of pastoral/welfare provision, particularly for the younger players.
"When the going gets weird, the weird get professional!" Hunter S Thompson
Baldbloke
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Baldbloke »

Feel sorry for the lad, he didn't decide he was worth 30 odd million quid. He'd probably develop into the player he's touted to become staying where he was or moving for a lower fee and developing at a slower pace.

All that pressure and expectation on a young player is bound to have a negative effect on him, people expecting him to be the saviour of leeds season when in reality he was bought purely for his sell on potential.

It's not fair on the lad to be honest and I truly believe that the money paid for him should have been spent on a journeyman striker that would score goals and keep leeds in the PL. Yes I know someone like that would be hard to find but it wouldn't be impossible.
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

Everything about Rutter’s demeanour and body language tells you he isn’t ready. Whereas everything about Summerville & Gnonto tells you they are. So wtf does Rutter get on the pitch first, more or less. That’s on Javi.
VinnysTattoo
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by VinnysTattoo »

The expectation and price tag seems to be weighing heavy on him.

He had a good early game against Fulham in the cup and I thought briefly he’d kick on.

I struggle to work out where he plays in our current setup and it seems he’s not in the managers main plans.

Looks like an expensive gamble with a hint of last minute desperation.
Overman
Manager
Manager

Post by Overman »

Jaydog wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 2:56 pm Everything about Rutter’s demeanour and body language tells you he isn’t ready. Whereas everything about Summerville & Gnonto tells you they are. So wtf does Rutter get on the pitch first, more or less. That’s on Javi.
It is on Javi. Unless there's some other issue that we are not aware of, Jimmy and Gnonto should be getting more game time.
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

Overman wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 4:06 pm It is on Javi. Unless there's some other issue that we are not aware of, Jimmy and Gnonto should be getting more game time.
They should and they need to if we're planning on staying up.

I feel sorry for Rutter. Looks like he was pushed into a move to a tough league that he's not ready for.

But I really hope our supporters lay off the lad. He's hardly had a chance to prove himself. We've got dead players stinking out the joint week after week who very rarely get criticised by a good portion of our support.

Ayling, Bamford, Meslier, Struijk, Firpo, Aaronson, Harrison, etc. If Tyler Roberts can get 100 appearances for us whilst producing nothing I think it's more than fair that Georginio is given a proper shot at it.

And btw I want all these guys to succeed, but it's up to them to show it on the pitch. Actions speak louder than blah, blah.