Leeds Utd 1-1 Everton Match Thread

Archive for all MOT match day threads including match previews, in game chat, reports and ratings.
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Re: Leeds Utd v Everton Match Thread - Sinisterra starts as Bamford makes the bench

Post by Jaydog »

Irish Ian wrote: Tue Aug 30, 2022 9:07 pm Bamford didn't have an hour in him otherwise he would have replaced Rod. We needed a wide 10 so Joffy has to go. I wasn't keen but I understand what Jesse was trying to do.
Harrison Klich Bamford and James, to have a go at tired defence.
Maybe. But it failed miserably tbh
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Re: Leeds Utd v Everton Match Thread - Sinisterra starts as Bamford makes the bench

Post by Irish Ian »

Cjay wrote: Tue Aug 30, 2022 9:01 pm True

But was that more a reflection on how bad Harrison was?
Probably Jacks worst game in a long time, seeing he had so much of the ball.
But 90% of wide players blow hot and cold. A fact most tend to not accept.

Struijk as wingback didn't help him either
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

I’d take a point on reflection as they could have easily nicked it. Fraction off for the second and a great save by Mes from the full back. Kristensen block.
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

BillyBremner wrote: Tue Aug 30, 2022 9:05 pm Bot idiots just passionate supporters Image

“Side before self, every time.” Image
We were called negative this time last year too :lol:
SnifferClarke
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by SnifferClarke »

Roca’s best game.
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by andrewjohnsmith »

Danny Higginbottom just said Sinisterra scored "with his favoured left foot." He's right footed
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

Jaydog wrote: Tue Aug 30, 2022 9:08 pm Maybe. But it failed miserably tbh
maybe but at least now you know what the idea was. :$$:
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by andrewjohnsmith »

Irish Ian wrote: Tue Aug 30, 2022 9:08 pm Probably Jacks worst game in a long time, seeing he had so much of the ball.

Put in a killer cross that Rodrigo should have put away. Would have been a differnet story. But, yes, below par overall
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

BGwhite wrote: Tue Aug 30, 2022 9:05 pm Well Sinisterra rescued us . We had the chances to win it but we continue to make schoolboy errors at the back. Meslier and Lorent need lessons on kicking a ball because they are absolutely garbage . Llorent is an accident waiting to happen and meslier isn't far behind.
We played much better 2nd half but lack that cutting edge. Couldn't understand why Sinisterra was subbed unless he's not up to full fitness but Paddy added a threat when he came on. Once again James did fookall of any note except run himself into a brick wall of defenders but I suppose now Rodders is out for a bit he'll be hanging around unfortunately otherwise f**k him off and get what we can for him.
Overall a point is better than none but we really should be beating a depleted Everton so all I can see is a bottom half mega struggle again this season.

Sent from my moto g(9) plus using Tapatalk
Yep get ready for James up top rest of the season.
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

Lumiukko wrote: Tue Aug 30, 2022 9:07 pm Disagree with Cjay saying Adams was poor. I think he did his job very well in the second half shadowing players, breaking up play, and moving the ball on quickly.

Aaronson off instead of Harrison was the wrong decision for me, and Jack's decision making and corner taking were the bad Harrison playing tonight. Several times he held the ball too long and should have also played Bamford in instead of a weak shot.

Bamford; I see the logic of bringing him on since Gelhardt was winning nothing in the air and Bamford can normally hold the ball up well, but Bam was clearly not match sharp and his touch was poor or his pace on 50/50s. Gelhadt should've stayed on FWIW.

Meslier...his kicking on his right foot was atrocious. Did make one excellent save after Aaronson gave the ball away in midfield (Aaronson dallied too long on it).

Sinisterra was a threat all the time with his trickery, and must be on for 90 minutes or near that on Saturday.

At least Rodrigo can't get all the blame tonight.

Striker and LB sorely needed still.
:tup:
'
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

James & Bamford. Super subs :lol:
My arse
Last edited by Jaydog on Tue Aug 30, 2022 9:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Sell James and get in a proper striker and time to drop the sentimentality over Bamford. Football moves on fast.
VinnysTattoo
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by VinnysTattoo »

Agree about Adams. Thought he worked tirelessly.

Gelhardt looked our sharpest striker although I understand Bamford needs game time.

Thought the subs slowed our momentum.
BobHirst
Manager
Manager

Post by BobHirst »

herefordbornleedsboy wrote: Tue Aug 30, 2022 9:07 pm Not sure I've watched the same game as a lot of people. Thought we looked good second half. Result is disappointing but definitely not on the side of doom and gloom. We've lost once in the first 5 games. Picked up the magic 8 points. Looked competitive and not been blown away by anyone. Whilst also seemingly fixing weaknesses as we go.
Everton are a shithouse team. Note they stopped wasting as much time once we equalised.
We will end up exactly where we aim between 10th and 14th.
Pretty much spot on imo.
I normally agree with Cjay's thoughts but I think he's totally wrong about Adams. He's been (and was again tonight) one of our best players so far.
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

andrewjohnsmith wrote: Tue Aug 30, 2022 9:04 pm Delusional thinking that our owner is greedy. He's worked wonders with this club. Deserves mountains of credit.
It is just the usual bullshit that follows every match.
'
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Well said Beckford
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Irish Ian wrote: Tue Aug 30, 2022 9:14 pm It is just the usual bullshit that follows every match.
Bet you were pro Bates too :lol:
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Adams was good, especially as he was on a yellow after 20 mins

Klich, James and Bamford were poor subs. Getting a bit like Bielsa with the predictable subs.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Irish Ian wrote: Tue Aug 30, 2022 9:08 pm Probably Jacks worst game in a long time, seeing he had so much of the ball.

Wide men do tbf as you say.

Problem with Harrison since he arrived though is it isn't just hot and cold, it can be hot or freezing.

He generally goes through 2 or 3 good games then 5-10 absolute crap with very little In between.

Don't like Struijk at left winger back or left back, not his fault and does his best but our attitude to that area of the pitch is very odd.

U21 team doesn't even have a left back.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
Tyzy
First Team
First Team

Post by Tyzy »

I've just read the report on BBC sport, sounds nothing like this thread 🤔