Leeds U21s

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Leeds U21s

Post by The Subhuman »

andrewjohnsmith wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 8:09 pm Mostly agree. But I would only pick Chadwick once.
Exhausted from watching tbh, supposed to be Chambers
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

At the moment it's Saturday 4 May 2024 at 7pm in Manchester for the final
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

That will likely change
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by andrewjohnsmith »

The Subhuman wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 8:08 pm MOTM

Chadwick
Richards
Crew
McDonald
Chambers
Toulson
Chadwick looks like the star of this team. Crew is rated ahead of him. But I think playing DMC made him a lot quieter today. No doubt that Crew is the next in line for the seniors. I too was impressed with Richards and MacDonald.

Our defense is solid with Lapota=White, Cresswell, Toulson, and Richards. They never really gave them much. All 3 of their goals were a little scrappy.

It will be good to see this batch progress. Undoubtedly most of them will be the core of the 21's squad next season.
mentalcase

Post by mentalcase »

It was a cracking game, but United ought to have been 2, even 3-0 up, some poor finishing, then all 3 millwall goals were from our mistakes, but credit to the kids, they stuck at it.
We ought to have gone clear when the winger failed to square it (4-2 I think it could have gone) but we let them back in it trying too much on the touchline.
Some stand out performers but I won't single anyone out as they all did extremely well.
A bit of banter going on with the millwall lot in the corner.
Looking forward to the final at moan city now, that date surely won't stand, hope it's in the main stadium as well but doubt it.
"Critics are men that watch a battle from a high place, then come down and shoot the survivors"
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by andrewjohnsmith »

mentalcase wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 9:05 pm It was a cracking game, but United ought to have been 2, even 3-0 up, some poor finishing, then all 3 millwall goals were from our mistakes, but credit to the kids, they stuck at it.
We ought to have gone clear when the winger failed to square it (4-2 I think it could have gone) but we let them back in it trying too much on the touchline.
Some stand out performers but I won't single anyone out as they all did extremely well.
A bit of banter going on with the millwall lot in the corner.
Looking forward to the final at moan city now, that date surely won't stand, hope it's in the main stadium as well but doubt it.
Looked a good atmosphere. Over 10,000.
mentalcase

Post by mentalcase »

andrewjohnsmith wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 9:23 pm Looked a good atmosphere. Over 10,000.
It was n't bad, but very good for the lads to experience it.
United were far the better side, but I suppose conceding 3 sloppy goals showed their mettle by sticking at it.
Looking forward to going across the border for the final :tup:
"Critics are men that watch a battle from a high place, then come down and shoot the survivors"
Chilli D
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Chilli D »

Tremendous achievement.
Well done to the young uns.
The flowers of common sense do not grow in everyone's garden
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Leeds U21s reach the cup final to play Man City.

Post by 1964white »

SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

A wonderful achievement and first youth cup final since 1997. Fingers crossed this is another golden generation for the academy coming up, and our most talented youngster didn't even play. :)

Hopefully that Finlay kid is warming the bench and watching the boys lift the trophy 🏆
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

5 April 2024
"I think we could fill the Etihad, to be honest. They might even need a bigger stadium than that."

The words of Leeds United Under-18s coach Rob Etherington after his side made it through to the FA Youth Cup final to face Manchester City by beating Millwall 4-3 in front of more than 10,493 supporters on a filthy night at Elland Road on Thursday.

Etherington is only the second coach to have taken Leeds this far in the competition after Paul Hart won the final twice in 1993 and 1997.

With genuine pride after seeing his charges come from behind to eventually edge a seven-goal thriller after being twice pegged back, 32-year-old Etherington added: "It's what separates us from every other club and academy - ten and a half thousand here.

"It makes us so proud to play and represent this football club. It makes a big difference and it builds up the occasion.

"The fanbase will back the young players because we support our own. I said to the players at half-time we need to set the tone and ramp it up a little bit because I was feeling the energy from the crowd and I knew they were.

"I felt we still had gears to go. If you show that energy and that passion to the crowd, they'll get behind you. As soon as it does, it becomes a snowball and the momentum happens. They certainly felt that."

The final is scheduled for 4 May at Manchester City's Academy but Etherington is keen for it to move with the senior side in final day Championship action against Southampton.

"The club would back it. We want as much focus and pressure on the players as possible. If we could avoid that date, I think we would do that."
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

3rd Round: Norwich 0 Leeds 2 - Wilson, Toulson
4th round: Brighton 0 Leeds 4 - McFadden (2) Wilson, Cresswell
5th round: Sheffield United 1 Leeds 1 - Wilson - Leeds won on pens 5-4
QF: Leeds 3 Liverpool 1 - Chadwick (2) Lane
SF: Leeds 4 Millwall 3 - Chadwick (p,) Crew, og, Cresswell
F: Man City v Leeds -
mentalcase

Post by mentalcase »

Moan city are now thinking about putting the final on at the Etihad because of the amount of support that will come across the border.
Last I heard was it will be on on Friday 10th of May @ 19.00 hrs
mentalcase

Post by mentalcase »

Moan city are now thinking about putting the final on at the Etihad because of the amount of support that will come across the border.
Last I heard was it will be on on Friday 10th of May @ 19.00 hrs
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Newcastle tonight I think, away
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

The Subhuman wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:18 am Newcastle tonight I think, away
Back to back wins for the 21’s, pair of Luca Thomas goals see us run out 2 nil in Newcastle, pair of assist for Thomas in the previous game too
mentalcase

Post by mentalcase »

Only 5032 tickets available for the U18s final !! :x
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Leeds 1 Everton 1 - Charlie Thomas with the equalizer, 7 points from the last 3 moves us up to a respectable, considering the mid season isssues, 21st. We were 25th. Final game v WBA away next week could see us move up a touch more