Post A Photo You’ve Taken

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Leeds1000
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Re: Post A Photo You’ve Taken

Post by Leeds1000 »

GreennWhite wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 2:16 pm Lovely city and the people are so friendly :tup:
Cracking pics Pal. Piss poor countries apparently. Doesn't look like it. London without the stabbings, ghettos and i bet they are proud to fly their National flag without upsetting the imported locals? ;-) :angel:

Holiday of a lifetime. :tup:
CUSSIE01
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by CUSSIE01 »

Leeds1000 wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 2:56 pm Love all the rugged coastal stuff Cuss keep them coming.
Not a problem, the Causeway Coastal Route is stunning but you’d also love The Wild Atlantic way down the west coast of Ireland from Londonderry to Cork as well. Starting to think I should be getting a commission from the Northern Irish Tourism Board 💰💰💰
Keeping The Faith
GreennWhite
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by GreennWhite »

Leeds1000 wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 3:01 pm Cracking pics Pal. Piss poor countries apparently. Doesn't look like it. London without the stabbings, ghettos and i bet they are proud to fly their National flag without upsetting the imported locals? ;-) :angel:

Holiday of a lifetime. :tup:
Both cities, HCMC and Hanoi are a mixture of low standards and high standards of life/ living, but there is no getting away from the fact that the locals are one of the friendliest people I have come across in my travels. They are more than willing to help you out, even if their English isn't the best, and they don't want anything in return, in fact offering any sort of tip for a service or just for them assisting is a little bit frowned upon. At the weekends they close the roads around the area we are in and the locals come out in their thousands to enjoy the evening's. They stroll around, cycle, jog, dance and the kids run about without any fear. There is no drinking on the streets and not a single person is causing bother. We in the UK could learn a lot from them. They may not have much but what they have they are willing to share :tup: And in some places they will even share the ladies :P :shock: :zip:
** Disclaimer, never went there ** :lol: :lol:
GreennWhite
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by GreennWhite »

CUSSIE01 wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 6:42 am 🤣🤣🤣 Brilliant. Enjoy the rest of your holiday mate, it’s to rain here for the next 5 days 💦💦💦💦
Cherrs mate :tup: not missing the rain at all.
If you ever get the opportunity to visit this country, do it.
But there are not many places as good as the North coast, I love going up there, even if it does rain :lol:
BobHirst
Manager
Manager

Post by BobHirst »

IMG_20240407_144320.jpg

View from my balcony. The Dead Sea with Israel on the other side.
CUSSIE01
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by CUSSIE01 »

Looks good Bob, enjoy.
Keeping The Faith
Leeds1000
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Leeds1000 »

CUSSIE01 wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 3:25 pm Not a problem, the Causeway Coastal Route is stunning but you’d also love The Wild Atlantic way down the west coast of Ireland from Londonderry to Cork as well. Starting to think I should be getting a commission from the Northern Irish Tourism Board 💰💰💰
I am planning the Atlantic way Cuss at some point. :tup:
Leeds1000
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Leeds1000 »

GreennWhite wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 5:17 am Both cities, HCMC and Hanoi are a mixture of low standards and high standards of life/ living, but there is no getting away from the fact that the locals are one of the friendliest people I have come across in my travels. They are more than willing to help you out, even if their English isn't the best, and they don't want anything in return, in fact offering any sort of tip for a service or just for them assisting is a little bit frowned upon. At the weekends they close the roads around the area we are in and the locals come out in their thousands to enjoy the evening's. They stroll around, cycle, jog, dance and the kids run about without any fear. There is no drinking on the streets and not a single person is causing bother. We in the UK could learn a lot from them. They may not have much but what they have they are willing to share :tup: And in some places they will even share the ladies :P :shock: :zip:
** Disclaimer, never went there ** :lol: :lol:
We are too far gone GW fear and loathing in the UK. I would say to any 3rd world developing country....Social media will seem like a good idea at the time. A mate a mine as just come back from 2 months in Thailand and he's swapped that many ladies he's a nervous wreck because of it. :)
GreennWhite
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by GreennWhite »

Hanoi, some things still get moved around the city, the old way, and cross the road if you dare, they stop for no one :lol:
Attachments
20240401_175714.jpg
20240401_141901.jpg
20240331_102005.jpg
BobHirst
Manager
Manager

Post by BobHirst »

GreennWhite wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 12:15 pm Hanoi, some things still get moved around the city, the old way, and cross the road if you dare, they stop for no one :lol:
When we were there we actually found it entertaining to just wait and watch at a junction and wonder how the hell no one was crashing into anyone else. Motor bikes everywhere and complete mayhem! Great fun.
GreennWhite
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by GreennWhite »

BobHirst wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 7:04 am When we were there we actually found it entertaining to just wait and watch at a junction and wonder how the hell no one was crashing into anyone else. Motor bikes everywhere and complete mayhem! Great fun.
So right Bob, even after being there for a week and seeing how crazy it was/is we still were left amazed at how they avoid each other, totally bonkers :)
We even had locals help us cross the roads on 2 occasions when it was rush hour and there was just no let up in the traffic. They didn't need to but just did it out of kindness. I found the Vietnamese people very kind and helpful.
GreennWhite
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by GreennWhite »

A88EDC97-0BD9-47BB-8F47-08DD158BD1B1.jpeg
Ninh Binh region. South of Hanoi, lovely area.
Attachments
FAFC86E7-681C-43C1-881C-3ADB8BB220D0.jpeg
CUSSIE01
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by CUSSIE01 »

Keep them coming G&W, looks stunning.
Keeping The Faith
GreennWhite
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by GreennWhite »

20240404_135320.jpg
GreennWhite
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by GreennWhite »

20240404_160456.jpg
Last 2 pics from the Ninh Binh region but now in Bangkok. Sorry to leave Vietnam, was well worth the visit :tup:
BobHirst
Manager
Manager

Post by BobHirst »

IMG20240412094338.jpg
The pyramids at Geza. Plus a few camels! What a great experience.
mentalcase

Post by mentalcase »

Don't know what this is, but it's been hovering over North Yorkshire all afternoon. :shock:

tempFileForShare_20240412-192832.jpg
"Critics are men that watch a battle from a high place, then come down and shoot the survivors"
GreennWhite
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by GreennWhite »

BobHirst wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 2:52 pm IMG20240412094338.jpg

The pyramids at Geza. Plus a few camels! What a great experience.
Did you go for a jaunt on one of them ?
BobHirst
Manager
Manager

Post by BobHirst »

GreennWhite wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 9:19 am Did you go for a jaunt on one of them ?
Not this time. Been on one in the Sahara in Morocco up and down sand dunes. Not for the faint of heart!
Leeds1000
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Leeds1000 »

Six Spot Burnet Moth apparently.

DSCF9383.jpg