Jesse Marsch

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
mentalcase

Re: Jesse Marsch-How long to turn it around?

Post by mentalcase »

I'm not his biggest fan, nor his biggest detractor, results speak for themselves, unfortunate we have that lot on form twice in 5 days, but, you never know, I give him February to turn things around.
"Critics are men that watch a battle from a high place, then come down and shoot the survivors"
Scoobychief
Manager
Manager

Post by Scoobychief »

loose against forrest and then man utd. and he will be looking over his shoulder could be be those 2 games
Carrick Dave
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Re: Jesse Marsch- Faith restored?

Post by Carrick Dave »

Cjay wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 1:40 pm So the transfer window is over.

We are on a run of 0 wins in 6 in the league.

We are actually 19th in the form table since August.

How many games should Jesse get ?

He is the best backed LUFC manager for a long time.

For me defeat vs Forest should be the end.

We have to be very careful imo, our last 4 fixtures are Man City, West Ham, Newcastle and Spurs.

If we do into those needing 5,6 points then we are in massive trouble

We waste to many winnable fixtures on Jesse it could relegate us.

It's pretty clear that the 49ers are exerting more control and unlike Radz, Orta and Kinnear they have no reason to protect Jesse.

For me we have moved past the point of performances and tactical clarity and all his sound bites.

Wins and fast
I agree. I said after the Villa game he needed to go quickly to maximise the remaining opportunities, he picked up an unlikely point at Newcastle and dropped two against West ham since then, I feel no need to alter my thinking.

We need wins, and quick. I don't care if it's Jesse or someone else who gets them, but if it doesn't happen immediately we're screwed.
DDB220
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by DDB220 »

Kennyb41 wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 11:10 am And yet you never see the likes of DDB saying owt to them.

Kettle pot black my dear.
Kenny to which posts do you refer. I don’t read all the threads religiously, I have no qualms about offering my perspective to any post which I believe is not factual or is what I perceive to be BS or delusional.
VinnysTattoo
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by VinnysTattoo »

Forest game is the defining time for JM.

Lose that one and we could be bottom if we have our usual bruising by Manure.

We have the squad to be mid table. I honestly don’t think we have the manager.
DDB220
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by DDB220 »

The Forest game is also the potential tipping point for me. Lose that one and my confidence in his abilities to move us up the table will diminish significantly.

I will reluctantly accept a draw if the performance is good and luck was not a main determining factor in getting a result. This is the type of game we desperately need something from. No excuses, he has the players he now needs to walk the walk after all the talk.
John in Louisiana
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by John in Louisiana »

For Marsch so much depends on Sunday's game. If we lose to Forest and then twice to Scum, he could be on the way. Beating Forest would solve some problems, but they are not the side they were their first month or two back in the league. Tough task.

I'm optimistic about our team's chances with the squad that's been assembled. We need a result this weekend and quality performances in the coming week if Jesse is to survive.
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

Well i don't know whether to refer to his luck or not but i will, coz i think i've seen enough now to suggest we're gonna be ok and avoid relegation.

I think this window and available players came just in the knick of time for him, i can just about see how he wants to play - although i have been waiting for the end product, but this seems to be 'it' and he's probably just got Wober, McKennie and Rooter in time to save his skin, add to that PB, Sinisterra (like new signings!) and the competition for places coupled with the fact the recent games have shown some sort of improvement, and i think hopefully, there's 3 worse than us in EFC Wolves and A N Other.

We should be beating Forest with a 65% - 35% performance, and now Eriksens missing for Scum i'm expecting some points from them.

My relegation Richter scale is currently at 2.75, beat Forest handsomely and it's 3.25, lose, and it's a massive OH FFS!!! YOU STUPID CANT !! 2.0

I think we're gonna beat Forest 1-3.

So put your bets on a 2-2 draw and back to the proverbial drawing board.
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek:

;@)
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Carrick Dave wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 3:07 pm I agree. I said after the Villa game he needed to go quickly to maximise the remaining opportunities, he picked up an unlikely point at Newcastle and dropped two against West ham since then, I feel no need to alter my thinking.

We need wins, and quick. I don't care if it's Jesse or someone else who gets them, but if it doesn't happen immediately we're screwed.
Agreed

We are past the point where we can dismiss even draws against certain teams as enough.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

VinnysTattoo wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 3:33 pm Forest game is the defining time for JM.

Lose that one and we could be bottom if we have our usual bruising by Manure.

We have the squad to be mid table. I honestly don’t think we have the manager.
I see what you mean and i'd normally agree, but this window says to me he'll be here for the season now and we're 'all in' on him, i can't see him being sacked unless he gets a terrible run of successive tough teams to beat and about 3/4 of his absolutely vital players injured, meaning he has to throw some in at the deep end, play some players out of their favoured positions and cross his little twinkle toes and twinkle fingers.

Must dash.
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek:

;@)
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

Hey where's that Jaydog fella ? The big gambling man ?

Did we have a wager on Jesse's 1st season finishing position better than Berts 9th ?

;@)
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

Kennyb41 wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 4:16 pm Hey where's that Jaydog fella ? The big gambling man ?

Did we have a wager on Jesse's 1st season finishing position better than Berts 9th ?
I doubt it. I wouldn’t put 50p on him to be able to tie his shoelaces (in the football sense) let alone beat 9th.
As long as we beat 18th I don’t care.
There was definitely a wager between you & somebody as either Swannie or Sara was going to hold the wedge. I wouldn’t trust those 2 though, flighty pair that they are
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

Was it that welching fecker SG ?

;@)
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

Kennyb41 wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 4:29 pm Was it that welching fecker SG ?
Maybe. Or Madron. He’s a proper punter I reckon.
John in Louisiana
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by John in Louisiana »

Immediately after Scum we play the two bottom feeders.

That's the limit of patience for Jesse. Produce results by then or bye bye. Seven points minimum from the next five games.

I think he will get those results.
lufc1304
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @DrGonzo2411

Post by lufc1304 »

For me, he shouldn't get beyond Forest and the two scum games if we lose all three. Single points are no good against the teams around us; lose against Forest and I personally wouldn't be giving him the Everton and Saints games. But I do think he's probably here for the season, and that worries me greatly. We have a squad to be comfortably above the relegation spots but, imo, not a manager. It is going to be a long second half of the season.
"When the going gets weird, the weird get professional!" Hunter S Thompson
BlackHillsPaul
First Team
First Team

Post by BlackHillsPaul »

John in Louisiana wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 5:03 pm Immediately after Scum we play the two bottom feeders.

That's the limit of patience for Jesse. Produce results by then or bye bye. Seven points minimum from the next five games.

I think he will get those results.
Pretty much where I'm at John. We need some wins to get comfortably above a point per game. It has to happen now or bye bye.

That said, I feel a good run of results coming.
Football/Futbol/Soccer
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Personally think 4 points minimum from Forest and Scum×2.

Don't beat Forest and he should be sacked immediately and let a new manager have Manure as a bit of a free hit.

I don't think beating Forest should give him a free pass either.

Beats Forest but then gets beaten by Manure twice and we give him crucial games against Everton and Southampton?

Since we have dipped below 1ppg he needs to get above that and the only way that happens is if he takes 4 from our next 3 games.

And even giving him Southampton and Everton based on that is extremely generous as he would still at best be on 3 wins in 17 Premier league games.

Jesse has been here nearly a year, I don't see progress, I don't see a convincing style of play, I don't see a clear indication of things getting better.

Beating Cardiff reserves and Accrington Stanley and a draw against Brentford shouldn't give him much leeway imo.

He has had a phenomenal amount of good will from Radz and Laurel and Hardy who would see having to sack Jesse as an admission there fragile egos loathe to make.

Forest win and then we will see.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
Leeds1000
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Leeds1000 »

Has signing afew new players bought him alittle time? For me we need a WIN against Forest nothing else will do. We don't want to be in the bottom 3 with the walls closing in. I don't know how Cooper is getting a tune out of his hundred players.... but he is.
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

Kennyb41 wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 4:29 pm Was it that welching fecker SG ?
Here you go.
4C9B85F1-D313-46B4-B7DB-8FC17C1FADE9.png
Attachments
BAE48FB7-FAE3-4FEA-8091-C4F673508B3C.png