Super League

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Orange Box
Manager
Manager

Re: Super League 2022

Post by Orange Box »

whiteswan wrote: Mon Jul 25, 2022 12:36 pm Sickened OB. I followed the game and said to Lee at half time Wakey will capitulate again second half.....and they did. Can't see where the next win will come from to be honest. Wakey have been flirting with relegation for years, maybe this is the year they go down :(
bit harsh on your boys that love, 13 pts to Saints is hardly capitulation. Chin up and keep working, you'll stay safe.

:tdown: the froggies
WARNING: During game time, any post I make is not to be taken seriously, neither is it meant as offence. I'm a hot-blooded creature prone to moments of exasperation and expletive.
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

Orange Box wrote: Tue Jul 26, 2022 5:05 pm bit harsh on your boys that love, 13 pts to Saints is hardly capitulation. Chin up and keep working, you'll stay safe.

:tdown: the froggies
Wakey were 10 - 0 up at half time. 18 - 0 up in a previous game and lost both games without scoring a single point in the second half. That's what I meant by capitulating OB......

Jorge Taufua now out with injury for the rest of the season along with Tom Johnstone. Doesn't bode well for Friday and our visit to Vegas :shock:
Orange Box
Manager
Manager

Post by Orange Box »

whiteswan wrote: Wed Jul 27, 2022 2:16 pm Wakey were 10 - 0 up at half time. 18 - 0 up in a previous game and lost both games without scoring a single point in the second half. That's what I meant by capitulating OB......

Jorge Taufua now out with injury for the rest of the season along with Tom Johnstone. Doesn't bode well for Friday and our visit to Vegas :shock:
Don’t worry you always do well against the mighty Tigers. Oh wait ….. that was in the 1990s
WARNING: During game time, any post I make is not to be taken seriously, neither is it meant as offence. I'm a hot-blooded creature prone to moments of exasperation and expletive.
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

I shall ignore that last comment and.....

I will be nowhere to be found on Friday evening come 8.00 PM!
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Wakey have finally woken up :-D
Orange Box
Manager
Manager

Post by Orange Box »

Not impressed with you tonight Mrs Swan. You promised me a second half capitulation.
Not happy. Not happy at all.

:(
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

Orange Box wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 9:37 pm Not impressed with you tonight Mrs Swan. You promised me a second half capitulation.
Not happy. Not happy at all.

:(
I'm nowhere to be found tonight, remember......
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Blimey another good victory for the Rhino's beating Catalan Dragons 32-36 in France.
Mick Jones shoulder
Manager
Manager

Post by Mick Jones shoulder »

26 min with 12 men another dumb sending off Smith seems to be getting us going. Full complement of big men who knows🤔
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

whiteswan wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 10:45 pm I'm nowhere to be found tonight, remember......
However, I am here tonight.

Blimey. To be honest I'd put the game right out of my head, and only remembered at about 9.20 PM that the game was on. I hardly dare check the score on the BBC app, and could not believe the score with 20 mins to go. Wakey needed that win more than Cas OB, sorry. But I wish Cas well for the rest of the season.....top half finish beckons for you I'm sure :)
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

1964white wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 8:36 pm Wakey have finally woken up :-D
I know, but for how long 64?

Great win for Leeds..... :)
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

I'm confused. I thought 23 games were played in Superleague. Playing each team twice and then magic weekend. How come there are more games this year and how have the fixtures been decided, ie who plays who.....Does anyone know?
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Great result for Wakey & Swannie last night. :-D

Hull KR comeback from 6-12 down to beat Toulouse 22-16.

Get that French team out of the Super League & allow proper rugby clubs in the top tier.
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

1964white wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 4:27 pm Great result for Wakey & Swannie last night. :-D

Hull KR comeback from 6-12 down to beat Toulouse 22-16.

Get that French team out of the Super League & allow proper rugby clubs in the top tier.
Fabulous result 64. Now Wakey have to show up on Sunday v the other French lot! :roll:

Yes, get 'em out and take Catalans with you :lol:
Seriously though, I'm sure rugby league fans would prefer English teams in the English league? There are some great clubs languishing in the lower divisions....it does irk me :x
Orange Box
Manager
Manager

Post by Orange Box »

whiteswan wrote: Sun Jul 31, 2022 10:34 am I'm confused. I thought 23 games were played in Superleague. Playing each team twice and then magic weekend. How come there are more games this year and how have the fixtures been decided, ie who plays who.....Does anyone know?
Ask me an easy one such as the location of the holy grail. I’ll give it a go. Each team (12) plays each other home and away, that’s 22. Then magic weekend, that’s 23. Then each team has 6 “loop” fixtures, ie randomly selected games against teams they have no hope of beating, usually away from home, making the regular quota of 29 games. Don’t ask why but I think it’s probably got to do with Sky.

For example Cas and Leeds play each other 15 times a season. Cas win 13 times and Leeds win 27. Then the video ref overrules 18 of those games saying the ball went into touch and declares no try after 12 minutes of viewing replays from 85 different camera angles plus the satellite feed from the space station. Occasionally they ask the Russians to use their secret satellites to view offsides , which obviously Putin is happy to oblige.

It all makes sense to the rl bosses obviously.

By the way the holy grail is in my dishwasher as we speak.
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

Orange Box wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 5:08 pm Ask me an easy one such as the location of the holy grail. I’ll give it a go. Each team (12) plays each other home and away, that’s 22. Then magic weekend, that’s 23. Then each team has 6 “loop” fixtures, ie randomly selected games against teams they have no hope of beating, usually away from home, making the regular quota of 29 games. Don’t ask why but I think it’s probably got to do with Sky.

For example Cas and Leeds play each other 15 times a season. Cas win 13 times and Leeds win 27. Then the video ref overrules 18 of those games saying the ball went into touch and declares no try after 12 minutes of viewing replays from 85 different camera angles plus the satellite feed from the space station. Occasionally they ask the Russians to use their secret satellites to view offsides , which obviously Putin is happy to oblige.

It all makes sense to the rl bosses obviously.

By the way the holy grail is in my dishwasher as we speak.
Think I need a drink :lol:
1964white

Post by 1964white »

whiteswan wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 4:59 pm Fabulous result 64. Now Wakey have to show up on Sunday v the other French lot! :roll:

Yes, get 'em out and take Catalans with you :lol:
Seriously though, I'm sure rugby league fans would prefer English teams in the English league? There are some great clubs languishing in the lower divisions....it does irk me :x
We totally agree, Swannie

Let's have the likes of Featherstone Rovers, Batley, Keighley, Halifax, etc replace the French

Proper rugby league clubs.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

whiteswan wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 5:53 pm Think I need a drink :lol:
I need a double :tumbler:
Orange Box
Manager
Manager

Post by Orange Box »

Clearly I’ve had one …. Or two 😀😁
hector

Post by hector »

Quel Surpris.....

:) :)