Crystal Palace Thread - 2022/23 Season Review.

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Crystal Palace Thread

Post by 1964white »

Edouard & Gallagher impressing.

Palace already have four points more than I expected under their new coach Vieira

1964white

Post by 1964white »

A draw was a good result for us, Palace are three points above Leeds.

BGwhite
Superstar
Superstar

Post by BGwhite »

Can't stand that nobhed Maupay.

Sent from my moto g(9) plus using Tapatalk

1964white

Re: Crystal Palace Thread - Conor Gallagher/England

Post by 1964white »

Palace midfielder Conor Gallagher has been called up into the senior England team for the first time.

The 21-year-old, on loan from Chelsea, will join up with Gareth Southgate's squad for Monday's World Cup qualifier in San Marino.

Jack Grealish, Raheem Sterling, Luke Shaw, Jordan Henderson and Mason Mount will not travel, the Football Association has confirmed.
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

1964white wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 9:03 am Palace midfielder Conor Gallagher has been called up into the senior England team for the first time.

The 21-year-old, on loan from Chelsea, will join up with Gareth Southgate's squad for Monday's World Cup qualifier in San Marino.

Jack Grealish, Raheem Sterling, Luke Shaw, Jordan Henderson and Mason Mount will not travel, the Football Association has confirmed.
I was against the loan of Gallagher, mainly because it was a loan and I didn't want us repeating the Ben White situation where we're improving other teams players and benefitting Chelsea. He did look good at Swansea when he played against us. It was hard to judge him at WBA last season as they were such a mess. But he does seem to have come on leaps and bounds under Vieira this season, good on him.

I'm not convinced Chelsea will start him, so they may just flog him as they've done with lots of their young talent like Bate. If we had an agreement for loan with the option to buy then I would have said okay. We had the option to buy Harrison, but he's nose-dived since we signed him permanently. Costa was a commitment for us to buy after loan and that's been a disaster.
Finnatic
Manager
Manager

Post by Finnatic »

1964white wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 9:03 am Palace midfielder Conor Gallagher has been called up into the senior England team for the first time.

Why aren’t they travelling?
They didn’t seem to pick up any injuries against Albania.
Is it because they play for the “elite” and it’s only San Marino?
That probably means Kalvin plays most of the game.
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

BGwhite wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 11:48 am Can't stand that nobhed Maupay.

He's one disgusting specimen, fitted in well with those other jerks Canos, Watkins and Dean Smith at Brentford :evil:
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

Finnatic wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 9:15 am Why aren’t they travelling?
You could be correct with the elite stuff Finn, no doubt Pep and that pikey Klopp have been whining about their players needing a rest. Still if Gallagher, or whoever, comes in and shines, those guys may lose their places, but Southgate is the epitome of safe so he's probably always gonna stick with his tried and tested "nearly men" = so close but yet so far again ;-)

From a selfish Leeds aspect I'd like to see KP, etc, rested, but you've also gotta think that he will want to play for his country and it has also done wonders for his confidence and growth. So realistically I understand and support our international players in wanting to test themselves on the big stage.

Jack Grealish = Southgate has said he has some illness, maybe Covid?
Raheem Sterling = don't think he's been featuring for Citeh lately, so maybe genuinely injured
Luke Shaw = concussed in his last match for Scum and had failed concussion protocols last week with England, so probably don't wanna risk him
Jordan Henderson = Dunno, on the evidence of last week Foshaw's better than him, so maybe our "new singing" will get a call up :) Mason Mount = has not been picked for Chelsea lately, but they were saying he had dental surgery and still recovering, wisdom teeth maybe, though I don't think footballers can afford to reduce their "wisdom" :lol:
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Finnatic wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 9:15 am Why aren’t they travelling?
Does make you wonder, Finn?

Kalvin almost certain to play both games, especially with the absence of Henderson & Rice (who also pulled out of the England squad)
BGwhite
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Crystal Palace Thread - Conor Gallagher

Post by BGwhite »

Thought Henderson had a very good game against Albania, playing for a place no doubt .

whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

White Riot wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 10:15 am
Jordan Henderson = Dunno, on the evidence of last week Foshaw's better than him, so maybe our "new singing" will get a call up :)
:shock: please, don't even say things like that in jest Riot. We have too many of our small squad away on international duty for my liking.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

KP should withdraw.

He is made of biscuits.

Wonder if that square headed idiot will cup his ears again if he scores against San Marino the same as he did against footballing powerhouse Albania?

Just for reference Burkina Faso, Northern Ireland and Mali are all above Albania in the Fifa Rankings :lol:
Last edited by Cjay on Sun Nov 14, 2021 11:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

whiteswan wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 11:00 am :shock: please, don't even say things like that in jest Riot. We have too many of our small squad away on international duty for my liking.
:lol: Yeah, I know what you mean Swannie, but I'm sure MB would be the first to encourage these players to realize their dreams. So I don't think we should ever stunt a player's growth, or ambition, as they'll just get disillusioned anyway and look for the exit door from ER.

Even though I've been a fierce critic of Radz (I'm amazed that he managed to keep his phone in his pocket after Leicester :roll: ) and the Forshaw situation, I'm absolutely delighted that Adam put in a great MOTM performance last weekend. One spring doesn't make a summer, but I'd be delighted if Forshaw can become a mainstay for us and even get an England cap after all he's suffered.
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

Cjay wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 11:09 am KP should withdraw.

He is made of biscuits.

Wonder if that square headed idiot will cup his ears again if he scores against San Marino the same as he did against footballing powerhouse Albania?

Just for reference Burkina Faso, Northern Ireland and Mali are all above Albania in the Fifa Rankings :lol:
When you look at the clip of him, Shaw and Kane, you can understand how thick they are :)

If you put their brains inside a hazelnut shell it would rattle :)
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

BGwhite wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 10:47 am Thought Henderson had a very good game against Albania, playing for a place no doubt .

We can only play what's on the park. But Albania ain't exactly Italy, or Brazil. When we should've stepped up to the plate in that final against Italy, we actually did for about ten minutes and then got a nosebleed and retreated to our own half for 110 minutes and let Italy have the midfield and run the match. Same thing will happen in the future with Gareth in charge regardless of which players he selects, i.e. let's be careful guys :(
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Cjay wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 11:09 am KP should withdraw.

He is made of biscuits.
I reckon Kalvin has suffered with his fitness all season, not played badly, but KP hasn't controlled games as he generally does, expecting him to cover too much of the midfield area hasn't helped his game.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

White Riot wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 11:15 am When you look at the clip of him, Shaw and Kane, you can understand how thick they are :)

If you put their brains inside a hazelnut shell it would rattle :)
:rol: :rol: :rol:
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Still bugs me Gallagher chose Palace over Leeds, :shock: he was just the type of player we required in our midfield until we could afford a world-class type.
Clacton White
First Team
First Team

Post by Clacton White »

I had heard he was impressing lots at Palace , just the sort of thing Leeds are missing in midfield right now .I wasn't in favour of a move for him on loan mainly as you are doing Chelsea favours in developing him , but JustJoe YouTube channel recommended him and looks like he was right and I was wrong . Shame Orta can't get these things done , he does seem to fail at the final hurdle more often than not . It's just the Chelsea thing I didn't like .
Leeds1000
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Leeds1000 »

London Calling.... Too cold in Yorkshire apparently, bye around 3 degrees.