Raphinha

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Raphinha - Arsenal offer below £40mil according to Phil Hay

Post by Cjay »

Be absolutely raging if we get less than £65mil for Raph.

Not £50+ add ons.

£65mil minimum.

The Arsenal move is beneath him.

Be gone to Barcelona within 2 years.

Don't say that as a bitter attack on Arsenal, got no issue with them.

But Raph atm could start for any team in Europe including City and Liverpool.

I really do feel that.

You look at his record for Brazil, basically a goal or assist every 100minutes.

With better players Raph will get basically a goal or assist a game
Last edited by Cjay on Sat Jun 25, 2022 10:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

weasel wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 7:06 pm Main difference with DR is that he is younger, has had less injuries and has played a lot longer at the top level. For all West Ham have said the £100m did anyone actually put a bid in below £100m to test their resolve?
I imagine West Ham know they won't get £100-150mil but it sets a stance (although I bet he goes for near enough double what we got for KP)

It shows they won't be bullied.

We had Radz I'm December telling everyone we would sell key players

It starts you in a position of weakness.

Its an absolutely ludicrous thing to do, but he loves the sound of his own voice and publicity so probably doesn't care what he says.
Signed

King Cjay

Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

I'm at the point I think Leeds need to publicly say something about this situation.

Issue a hands off
Make public a minimum price
Tell Barcelona they can take a running jump.

Something else.

Pictures on tinternet of Raph and his best mate Deco on holiday smack of arrogance and a chuminess that threaten to derail our summer plans to strengthen should he leave, and it needs to be addressed, as a result all the love I have for the player is draining away.

Is Raph due back from hols tomorrow or does he have another week?
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Irish Ian wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 2:10 pm I'm at the point I think Leeds need to publicly say something about this situation.

Issue a hands off
Make public a minimum price
Tell Barcelona they can take a running jump.

Something else.

Pictures on tinternet of Raph and his best mate Deco on holiday smack of arrogance and a chuminess that threaten to derail our summer plans to strengthen should he leave, and it needs to be addressed, as a result all the love I have for the player is draining away.

Is Raph due back from hols tomorrow or does he have another week?
We are desperate for money imo and the world knows it.

We have 2 shareholders who don't invest.

We have a majority shareholder who gives public interviews in December telling everyone that we will sell 1 maybe 2 key players.

We have a main journalist in Phil Hay being fed the line "we will not be difficult and obstructive".

When all this happens your negotiating position is extremely weak.

We are a perfect storm of weakness.

Owners unwilling to invest
Owners publicly putting players up for sale
Owners making public the desire to sell.

It's a joke.
Signed

King Cjay

WhiteRose
First Team
First Team

Post by WhiteRose »

If they are going to reinvest the money which it sounds like they will then I can’t see how we are desperate to sell unless we think raphinha is surplus to requirements for marsche and he wants to sign alternatives. Arsenals offer was apparently 30 million which I’d see as an insult to club and player i can’t see them doubling that and adding 5 more. They will be peppering us with incremental bids all summer.

We need to speak to him and if it’s only Barcelona he wants to go to, he signs a new contract with us with a release clause stating if Barca get their s**t together in the next couple windows and offer 65 mill then he can go.
Madron
First Team
First Team

Post by Madron »

WhiteRose wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 4:48 pm If they are going to reinvest the money which it sounds like they will then I can’t see how we are desperate to sell unless we think raphinha is surplus to requirements for marsche and he wants to sign alternatives. Arsenals offer was apparently 30 million which I’d see as an insult to club and player i can’t see them doubling that and adding 5 more. They will be peppering us with incremental bids all summer.

We need to speak to him and if it’s only Barcelona he wants to go to, he signs a new contract with us with a release clause stating if Barca get their s**t together in the next couple windows and offer 65 mill then he can go.
If Raph is surplus to Marsches requirements, its not Raph is the one who should be leaving, its Marsch
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Madron wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 6:37 pm If Raph is surplus to Marsches requirements, its not Raph is the one who should be leaving, its Marsch
Is your username 'Madron' because you live in Madron in Cornwall or you are called Ron & you are as mad as a hatter ;-)
mentalcase

Post by mentalcase »

Madron wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 6:37 pm If Raph is surplus to Marsches requirements, its not Raph is the one who should be leaving, its Marsch
Correct.
"Critics are men that watch a battle from a high place, then come down and shoot the survivors"
Madron
First Team
First Team

Post by Madron »

Born in the small village just up hill from Penzance and I'm as mad as a hatter .Wibble
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Madron wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 6:46 pm Born in the small village just up hill from Penzance and I'm as mad as a hatter .Wibble
I saw the sign for Madron on the way back from Lands End to St Ives today.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Reports in Brazil saying that Raphinha's representatives believe we will drop our price to £50mil.

Would anyone be surprised tbh?

Clubs will take notice of the deal we did with City.

They will see how we bent over.

We have made a rod for our own back here.

Be absolutely livid if we don't stick to £65mil upfront for Raph but have no faith in Kinnear and Orta.
Signed

King Cjay

Madron
First Team
First Team

Post by Madron »

1964white wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 7:29 pm I saw the sign for Madron on the way back from Lands End to St Ives today.
It would take about 10 secs to drive through it, no shop, pub closed, but at the highest point ,Ding Dong ,you get a superb 360 degree panoramic view for miles around.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Madron wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 7:59 pm It would take about 10 secs to drive through it, no shop, pub closed, but at the highest point ,Ding Dong ,you get a superb 360 degree panoramic view for miles around.
Witnessed some stunning views, today
Scoobychief
Manager
Manager

Post by Scoobychief »

CRUMBS skysports now saying TOON step up Raphinha Chase .FFS he had better not go to those barcodes
lufc1304
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @DrGonzo2411

Post by lufc1304 »

I'm with Ian on this one, we need to grow a pair and put a marker down for Raph. The selling price is £65M; match it and we can talk, don't and we won't. I've mentioned him before, but Radz and co should take a leaf out of Levy's book. He slapped a price tag on Kane, City nor anyone else would pay it and he stayed a Spurs player. It's not like Raph is in the last 12 months of his contract and we have to sell or risk him walking on a free; dig our heels in, play hardball for once, he is the most valuable player we have had in the modern era. To sell him for £50M or less would be nothing short of criminal.
"When the going gets weird, the weird get professional!" Hunter S Thompson
mentalcase

Post by mentalcase »

lufc1304 wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 7:56 am I'm with Ian on this one, we need to grow a pair and put a marker down for Raph. The selling price is £65M; match it and we can talk, don't and we won't. I've mentioned him before, but Radz and co should take a leaf out of Levy's book. He slapped a price tag on Kane, City nor anyone else would pay it and he stayed a Spurs player. It's not like Raph is in the last 12 months of his contract and we have to sell or risk him walking on a free; dig our heels in, play hardball for once, he is the most valuable player we have had in the modern era. To sell him for £50M or less would be nothing short of criminal.
100% correct.
If newcastle get involved it should only increase the bidding, not decrease his value, highest bidder wins at £90million, oh no, we will buckle to barcelona for a measly £28 million plus firpos cousin.
"Critics are men that watch a battle from a high place, then come down and shoot the survivors"
Madron
First Team
First Team

Post by Madron »

mentalcase wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 9:30 am 100% correct.
If newcastle get involved it should only increase the bidding, not decrease his value, highest bidder wins at £90million, oh no, we will buckle to barcelona for a measly £28 million plus firpos cousin.
From what i can gather he's only a half-cousin, with no direct line back to the footballing gene side of the family. So its not the cracking deal you would think at first glance.

Oh ,and he's 4 btw
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

1964white wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 7:29 pm I saw the sign for Madron on the way back from Lands End to St Ives today.
Well aren't you the clever clogs :)
1964white

Post by 1964white »

lufc1304 wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 7:56 am I'm with Ian on this one, we need to grow a pair and put a marker down for Raph. The selling price is £65M; match it and we can talk, don't and we won't. I've mentioned him before, but Radz and co should take a leaf out of Levy's book. He slapped a price tag on Kane, City nor anyone else would pay it and he stayed a Spurs player. It's not like Raph is in the last 12 months of his contract and we have to sell or risk him walking on a free; dig our heels in, play hardball for once, he is the most valuable player we have had in the modern era. To sell him for £50M or less would be nothing short of criminal.
Totally agree, Nick :tup:
1964white

Post by 1964white »

whiteswan wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 10:00 am Well aren't you the clever clogs :)
For a change, I put 2 & 2 together & got 4 :-D

Always wondered where various usernames derive from?

As soon as I noticed the signpost, I said to Jill, I bet Madron lives around here.