Today's Games

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
marie67
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Re: Today's Games

Post by marie67 »

A totally uninformed view because i only saw the end of the match but it looked like wales were playing for penalties and it didn't work out.
mentalcase

Post by mentalcase »

It was a crap game and just hope it dosen't have a knock-on effect for our 4 welsh players, hope they all bounce straight back on Friday.
"Critics are men that watch a battle from a high place, then come down and shoot the survivors"
Lufc76Cor
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Lufc76Cor »

andrewjohnsmith wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:31 pm He looked surprised when Poland celebrated. Like he didn't know it was the decider.
I think his reaction was down to the referee checking with var to see if the keeper had moved too early, you can see him suddenly looking at the ref as the ref was waiting for the signal which he gave in the middle of the Polish celebrations
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Well at least we can get back to the important sutff now. Don't have to watch Southgate ruin the England team or feel compeeled into wanting Wales to win cos we have some welsh players.

As the great Tennessee Williams said, before sinking the winning putt to win Wimbledon in 1944, 'We all live in a house on fire, no fire department to call; no way out, just a comfy sofa to eat cheesecake on and drink coffee on and the upstairs window to look out of while the fire burns the house down with us trapped, locked in it.'
Prisoner37
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Prisoner37 »

Poor pen from Dan and it will be one of those that gets remembered.

On the plus side another clean sheet for the Leeds defence and now no distractions or summer injuries for our Welsh lads.
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

weasel wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:44 pm Well at least we can get back to the important sutff now. Don't have to watch Southgate ruin the England team or feel compeeled into wanting Wales to win cos we have some welsh players.

As the great Tennessee Williams said, before sinking the winning putt to win Wimbledon in 1944, 'We all live in a house on fire, no fire department to call; no way out, just a comfy sofa to eat cheesecake on and drink coffee on and the upstairs window to look out of while the fire burns the house down with us trapped, locked in it.'
Wimbledon was cancelled in 1944.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

weasel wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:31 pm Just about the worst possible in terms of the Leeds lads. Rodon and Ampadu playing both full games, Dan missing the penalty and Roberts getting injured. Hopefully they can bounce back and be celebrating at the end of the season (or 4 games from the end when we clinch the title).
Not the ideal scenario going into the Watford game.
DDB220
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by DDB220 »

Carrick Dave wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:34 pm Oh - I thought it was Elvish.
They definitely use it on a few episodes of Star Trek
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

weasel wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:44 pm Well at least we can get back to the important sutff now. Don't have to watch Southgate ruin the England team or feel compeeled into wanting Wales to win cos we have some welsh players.

Flat-track bully
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Jaydog wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:47 pm Wimbledon was cancelled in 1944.
Well spotted, it was a deliberate error to see who was paying attention. As we all know Wimbledon became the MK Dons in early 1944 leaving Great Uncle Bulgaria in somewhat of a tizzy. Some would say he found it seriously hard to move on.
Last edited by weasel on Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Cjay wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:54 pm
Flat-track bully
Flat track bullies -

South - ampton
South - gate

coincidence???
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

weasel wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:55 pm Well spotted, it was a deliberate error to see who was paying attention. As we all know Wimbledon became the MK Dons in early 1944 leaving Great Uncle Bulgaria in somewhat of a tizzy. Some would say he found it seriously hard to move on.
Yes I think that’s correct. Uncle Bulgaria won the mixed doubles with Navratilova if memory serves.
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Jaydog wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 3:56 pm Yes I think that’s correct. Uncle Bulgaria won the mixed doubles with Navratilova if memory serves.
You are very much mistaken, it was in fact with Mr T.

I pity the fool who doesn't remember that epic final. Joe Johnson partnered Martina to Olympic success later in the century just two minutes before the Berlin Wall fell after Eddie 'The Eagle' Edwards landed on it. We all had ice creams that day.
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

weasel wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 5:40 pm You are very much mistaken, it was in fact with Mr T.

I pity the fool who doesn't remember that epic final. Joe Johnson partnered Martina to Olympic success later in the century just two minutes before the Berlin Wall fell after Eddie 'The Eagle' Edwards landed on it. We all had ice creams that day.
Ice creams. I think your uncle offered you a 69 but you heard 99 and said “yes please I’d love one Uncle Perv”.
It was quite a shock I imagine.
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

Eddie the Eagle. A man who was lauded for being useless at something. Like Gareth Southgate.
He couldn’t jump on an upturned bucket let alone the Berlin Wall.
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Jaydog wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 5:53 pm Ice creams. I think your uncle offered you a 69 but you heard 99 and said “yes please I’d love one Uncle Perv”.
It was quite a shock I imagine.
I knew it wasn't a flake!!!!
GreennWhite
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by GreennWhite »

Carrick Dave wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 9:48 pm Greennwhite will be in the pub. :tup:

Excellent.
Lol, I'm actually in a pub in Vietnam, enjoying a pint at £1.80 pence :tup:
Great to beat the skirt wearer's even if it was just a friendly
CUSSIE01
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by CUSSIE01 »

C’mon Bristol let’s get the Easter weekend off to a good start.
Keeping The Faith
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Come on, the Robins.
AcrossThePondAsh
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by AcrossThePondAsh »

CUSSIE01 wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:26 pm C’mon Bristol let’s get the Easter weekend off to a good start.
This in spades, Cussie. We're having football-palooza in our house today, with ESPN covering three of the top-four matches. Hoping for the quadfecta today.
In Farke we trust...