Patrick Bamford- Will miss playoff semi final

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Patrick Bamford

Post by 1964white »

Decent actions
4 passes
2 runs
2 held up the ball
1 interception
1 defensive header
1 defensive clearance
1 shot wide (off balance)
1 goal :soccer:

Apart from the Roberts cross, Paddy had no service whatsoever

I watch Leeds games with a keen eye with my notepad at hand. :lol:
1964white

Post by 1964white »

mentalcase wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2024 10:05 pm He was shite saturday.
It's not the ones he scores, it's the flaming sitters he misses.
Bar from his goal saturday, he was inconspicuous.
There were worse players on the pitch, yesterday.
mentalcase

Post by mentalcase »

1964white wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2024 10:25 pm There were worse players on the pitch, yesterday.
Really :shock:
"Critics are men that watch a battle from a high place, then come down and shoot the survivors"
Ben Scooby lufc
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Ben Scooby lufc »

We might not even come away with a point had it not been for Bamford so credit where credits due.
;-) Yeboah against Liverpool :!: :!: Crossbar and in. :love: :love:
GreennWhite
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by GreennWhite »

Some people will just never give him credit when he deserves it. They just come out with the old tripe about how bad he has been in the past and the chances he has missed.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

mentalcase wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 10:23 am Really :shock:
Gnonto, Georginio & Summerville were poor & non-productive.

Kamara had one of his worse games in a Leeds shirt.

Piroe was his usual self with a few fancy passes that led to nothing, yet another no show.

James was hardly given the ball as we continued to play down the left with Summerville cutting inside into trouble & wanting to do everything himself :roll:

Those players with a lack of quality & composure were the reason why we drew the game.

79% possession & only two shots on target.

Bamford did his job with the only opportunity he had courtesy of Connor Roberts delivering one decent cross in the whole 90 minutes.
mentalcase

Post by mentalcase »

1964white wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 11:00 am Gnonto, Georginio & Summerville were poor & non-productive.

Piroe was his usual self with a few fancy passes that led to nothing, yet another no show.

James was hardly given the ball as we continued to play down the left with Summerville cutting inside into trouble & wanting to do everything himself :roll:

Those players with a lack of quality & composure were the reason why we drew the game.

Bamford did his job with the only opportunity he had courtesy of Connor Roberts delivering one decent cross in the whole 90 minutes.
Oh I get the fact we were poor in most deprtments, and bamford scored, not that he could miss, but, how many times did bamford actually touch the ball !!
It's a game we have to quickly get out of our system and smash stoke tomorrow.
Oh btw, I'm going tomorrow as well so beware ;-)
"Critics are men that watch a battle from a high place, then come down and shoot the survivors"
1964white

Post by 1964white »

GreennWhite wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 10:47 am Some people will just never give him credit when he deserves it. They just come out with the old tripe about how bad he has been in the past and the chances he has missed.
When he was continually picking up injuries & unfit, having no pre-season behind him.

The Elland Road faithful have chanted his name loud & clear as they know the value he is to our team this season.

It was the same in the Bielsa era, without Bamford & Phillips, we struggled.

I remember that Cardiff game at ER where we led 3-1, Marcelo took Paddy off in the 77th minute after he scored two goals & had held the ball up brilliantly, Nketiah replaced Bamford with the ball constantly coming back to us & within ten minutes Cardiff scored two goals to equalise & earn a 3-3 draw.

I was fuming at the time Bamford was withdrawn with the change causing mayhem & it came back to bite us.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

mentalcase wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 11:10 am Oh I get the fact we were poor in most deprtments, and bamford scored, not that he could miss, but, how many times did bamford actually touch the ball !!
Well, he had 12 decent touches. I've watched the game twice.

We'll smash Stoke with Paddy playing his part up top. I'll have him down as my first goalscorer one again :-D

And where you be hiding tomorrow?

Barlow Boy & I are on the lookout. :lol:
Barlow Boy
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Barlow Boy »

1964white wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 11:24 am Well, he had 12 decent touches. I've watched the game twice.

We'll smash Stoke with Paddy playing his part up top. I'll have him down as my first goalscorer one again :-D

Yep, surveillance mode tomorrow mate 😁
Don’t cry because you said goodbye to your pet, smile because you said hello
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Barlow Boy wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 11:31 am Yep, surveillance mode tomorrow mate 😁
We have a plan :lol:
mentalcase

Post by mentalcase »

1964white wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 11:24 am Well, he had 12 decent touches. I've watched the game twice.

I'll be lurking alright, probably have a drink at the In-cognito :tup: 8-)
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

1964white wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 11:00 am Gnonto, Georginio & Summerville were poor & non-productive.

Not saying Paddy was the worst player on the pitch.

Just pointing out he did nothing else really but score.

That's fine and glad he did.

But Piroe has been criticised for the same thing.

Excuses made for Paddy (got no service), well he had twice as many touches as Piroe got vs Leicester but didn't see any got no service posts for that?

Would be nice if two players were treated equally.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
GreennWhite
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by GreennWhite »

When it comes to liking or disliking players fans will never change. They get it into their heads that a certain player is either crap or brilliant and they back their player regardless of what he does, and slag off other players that they dont like. The players that fans dislike can then do very little right, even if they have a good game. They might say through gritted teeth he played ok but it doesn't take long for them to get back to he`s crap again after a short time.
Fickle fans, doesn't do them justice :)
DDB220
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by DDB220 »

Cjay wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 1:53 pm Not saying Paddy was the worst player on the pitch.

Excuses made for Paddy (got no service), well he had twice as many touches as Piroe got vs Leicester but didn't see any got no service posts for that?

To some extent I agree. They are different kinds of players, Piroe is not an out and out number 9 for me. He does not tend to play on the shoulder of the last defender. He prefers to drop deeper, link play and lurks just inside the 18 yard box more often than not. Nor is he a quintessential 6 yard fox in the box, despite getting the odd goal in this position.
From a team perspective Bamford is better at stretching the defence because of the positions he adopts. But against a low block where the defence camp midway into their own half when they are adventurous, this leaves little room in behind. So his strengths are somewhat negated. Having said that his adopted movement, position and execution for the equaliser cannot be sniffed at.

Arguably there is a case for Joseph against the low block, who seemed to thrive in the 6 yard box in the 23’s and of late he show cased this ability against Chelsea.

It is horses for courses. It is down to DF to get the best out of them.

IMO - One thing for certain Piroe is a more reliable finisher than Bamford. We haven’t seen enough of Joseph but he looks very promising.

We need a Frankenstein creation of all three ideally 😂😂
Last edited by DDB220 on Mon Mar 04, 2024 2:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DDB220
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by DDB220 »

GreennWhite wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 2:09 pm When it comes to liking or disliking players fans will never change. They get it into their heads that a certain player is either crap or brilliant and they back their player regardless of what he does, and slag off other players that they dont like. The players that fans dislike can then do very little right, even if they have a good game. They might say through gritted teeth he played ok but it doesn't take long for them to get back to he`s crap again after a short time.
Fickle fans, doesn't do them justice :)
Agree - one line lip service to positive displays - War and Peace on a poor display. Exhibit A - Meslier.

I prefer balance in a critique but it is often in short supply from a fair few on here.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

DDB220 wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 2:17 pm To some extent I agree. They are different kinds of players, Piroe is not an out and out number 9 for me. He does not tend to play on the shoulder of the last defender. He prefers to drop deeper, link play and lurks just inside the 18 yard box more often than not. Nor is he a quintessential 6 yard fox in the box, despite getting the odd goal in this position.
From a team perspective Bamford is better at stretching the defence because of the positions he adopts. But against a low block where the defence camp midway into their own half when they are adventurous, this leaves little room in behind. So his strengths are somewhat negated. Having said that his adopted movement, position and execution for the equaliser cannot be sniffed at.

Arguably there is a case for Joseph against the low block, who seemed to thrive in the 6 yard box in the 23’s and of late he show cased this ability against Chelsea.

It is horses for courses. It is down to DF to get the best out of them.

IMO - One thing for certain Piroe is a more reliable finisher than Bamford. We haven’t seen enough of Joseph but he looks very promising.

We need a Frankenstein creation of all three ideally 😂😂
I agree that Bamford is the better suit style wise for now.

Piroe likes to get involved in play and drop off, it isn't that he can't lead the line as he showed for Swansea and indeed in his youth career, it's just maybe that because he has been played in multiple positions as a senior player he is used to seeing more of the ball?

Made the point before though that it took Bamford (who was actually quite similar to Piroe when he arrived having played all over the front line) a good season and 2 pre seasons to earn the full trust of Bielsa playing that role.

Most fans for those first 12 months preferred Roofe despite Bamford having the better goal record that season.

It takes time for players to learn new roles and responsibilities, Piroe has had none, no pre season.

It's a shame as you say we can't mix and match the 3 :lol:

Joseph and his poaching, Bamford and his work rate and positioning and Piroe and his technical ability :lol:

But regardless I think some are overly harsh on Piroe which was my point, whereas Paddy and others get the benefit of the doubt
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by andrewjohnsmith »

mentalcase wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 11:10 am Oh I get the fact we were poor in most deprtments, and bamford scored, not that he could miss, but, how many times did bamford actually touch the ball !!
Oh that's all you had to say. Nothing to worry about it.
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by andrewjohnsmith »

Cjay wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 1:53 pm Not saying Paddy was the worst player on the pitch.

I believe I treat them both equally. Repeatedly say that Piroe is the better finisher. But also that Bamford offers more in his all round game. I think Piroe is very good technically. But also that he hasn't found the right place in our system. Farke probably needs to tweak the system somehow when Piroe plays. Idk how. But that's Farke's job not mine. Happy to have Piroe as an option. Given the choice, Bamford starts every time. I believe I'm unbiased.

I do think you show bias in knocking Bamford. You could support Piroe without knocking Bamford. But I do always admire your research, analysis, and stats. I believe that also makes me unbiased. :)
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Great discussion on the Bamford or Joseph debate.

Ger is absolutely spot on.