Kalvin Phillips

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Kalvin Phillips

Post by Cjay »

whiteswan wrote: Sun Apr 03, 2022 12:03 am Tell me.....how come your glorious Rice didn't get voted England player of the Euoros :duno: But who did hmmm.....let me think
I never saw KP ever making this level, I was wrong. He has done incredibly and is gifted player and a lovely man (although his fashion sense is a bit mad don't know if you saw the pic Swannie).

But do I think Rice is a better all round player right now? Yes and it has nothing to do with "my glorious Rice" or anything so sarcastic.

He is younger, he scores more goals, he beats KP in almost every stat, pass accuracy, goals, assists, tackles, interceptions, clearances, chances created, dribbles etc per game, all Rice (he also is far less injury prone).

The stats show that Rice has a more rounded game (which was all I said) he creates chances he scores goals he runs with the ball, all things KP doesn't do and that imo shows he is a more rounded player as things stand

Can KP do it? Maybe, but let's not forget that before Bielsa as a box to box midfielder when he was the same age Rice is now KP was a bang average Championship player.

KP did win that international award (it wasn't universally agreed with by any means if you remember) but he won it and fair play to him.

Was nice to see a LUFC player win it.

However based on what I have seen and read and the evidence and taking the Leeds fan bias away then Declan Rice is a more rounded player than Kalvin Phillips imo.

However you do love our local lads (Bailey) so I understand your attack :)
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
Mountain
First Team
First Team

Post by Mountain »

Cjay wrote: Mon Mar 28, 2022 7:25 pm Agree to disagree mate.

I am very grateful for everything KP has done but imo Rice is a much more rounded player.

Scores more goals, creates more chances, dispossessed less, makes more interceptions, makes more clearances, more blocks per game, far higher pass success rate.

I'd say it's KP who is the more limited player atm.
Rice should be more rounded, he has played 160 games in the PL (4 times more than Phillips), he's on a better team with better players playing at a higher level, playing in Europe etc. And he has the recency bias, we haven't seen Kalvin shine since last summer.

As an aside, he's also on 3 times the salary. Which isn't relevant to a comparison of ability, but then again neither are age or injury record...
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Cjay wrote: Sun Apr 03, 2022 1:23 am I never saw KP ever making this level, I was wrong. He has done incredibly and is gifted player and a lovely man (although his fashion sense is a bit mad don't know if you saw the pic Swannie).
I did :lol:
CHAPELALLMAN
Manager
Manager

Post by CHAPELALLMAN »

Cjay wrote: Sun Apr 03, 2022 1:23 am I never saw KP ever making this level, I was wrong. He has done incredibly and is gifted player and a lovely man (although his fashion sense is a bit mad don't know if you saw the pic Swannie).

But do I think Rice is a better all round player right now? Yes and it has nothing to do with "my glorious Rice" or anything so sarcastic.

He is younger, he scores more goals, he beats KP in almost every stat, pass accuracy, goals, assists, tackles, interceptions, clearances, chances created, dribbles etc per game, all Rice (he also is far less injury prone).

The stats show that Rice has a more rounded game (which was all I said) he creates chances he scores goals he runs with the ball, all things KP doesn't do and that imo shows he is a more rounded player as things stand

Can KP do it? Maybe, but let's not forget that before Bielsa as a box to box midfielder when he was the same age Rice is now KP was a bang average Championship player.

KP did win that international award (it wasn't universally agreed with by any means if you remember) but he won it and fair play to him.

However based on what I have seen and read and the evidence and taking the Leeds fan bias away then Declan Rice is a more rounded player than Kalvin Phillips imo.

He probably takes inspiration from Lewis Hamilton.
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

That's cause Rice has played a lot more games. Also he is West Ham's penalty taker, he doesn't score many from open play.

I've watched him many times for West Ham and England, and just struggle to see the hype. He just points and runs, I don't see much technical ability there. Makes sense why no foreign teams are interested, yet Real Madrid, PSG and Bayern were all credited with an interest in KP.
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

Bailey :love:

Attack? :lol:

Yes, I do root for my boys Cjay. Credit where credit's due.

No, I didn't see the 'fashion' photo...what was he wearing?
1964white

Post by 1964white »

whiteswan wrote: Sun Apr 03, 2022 12:14 pm Bailey :love:

Attack? :lol:

Yes, I do root for my boys Cjay. Credit where credit's due.

No, I didn't see the 'fashion' photo...what was he wearing?
There you are, Swannie.

Screenshot 2022-04-03 13.33.47.png
Screenshot 2022-04-03 13.33.47.png (515.34 KiB) Viewed 748 times
1964white

Post by 1964white »

I'm unsure if that photo is for real :duno:
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

1964white wrote: Sun Apr 03, 2022 12:35 pm There you are, Swannie.

:lol: :lol: Jesus wept. Wtf is that? :lol: :lol:
Mrs64
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Mrs64 »

So pleased Kalvin is back, also well done Jesse :)
hector

Post by hector »

modled on Noddy I think
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

1964white wrote: Sun Apr 03, 2022 12:35 pm There you are, Swannie.

Thanks 64. Er......I think :duno:
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

hector wrote: Sun Apr 03, 2022 1:01 pm modled on Noddy I think
:shock: Modelled on summat never seen before I reckon!
hector

Post by hector »

What has been seen... cannot be unseen
Orange Box
Manager
Manager

Post by Orange Box »

Definitely photoshopped, I’m sure those hand tats are Princess Anne’s.
WARNING: During game time, any post I make is not to be taken seriously, neither is it meant as offence. I'm a hot-blooded creature prone to moments of exasperation and expletive.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

What gets me is where do you get that sort of gear?

Surely he hasn't walked into a shop and seen it.

So has he thought it up and had it custom made? If that's the case he definitely needs some therapy and treatment!!!
Signed

King Cjay

weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

whiteswan wrote: Sun Apr 03, 2022 12:14 pm Bailey :love:
Good to see Cjay's usual standard of accuracy. Bailey our local Northern Irish lad from Darlington who came through Middlesborough's youth set-up.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

weasel wrote: Sun Apr 03, 2022 2:38 pm Good to see Cjay's usual standard of accuracy. Bailey our local Northern Irish lad from Darlington who came through Middlesborough's youth set-up.
He played for our youth team, good enough for me.

I've claimed Joe Gelhardt to.

Local lads
Signed

King Cjay

SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Cjay wrote: Sun Apr 03, 2022 2:48 pm He played for our youth team, good enough for me.

Local lads
Not for me. We have enough homegrown players of our own KP, Cresswell, Shack, Gray, Kenneh etc :love:

On that note, I wonder who will be the next academy debutant? :duno:
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Cjay wrote: Sun Apr 03, 2022 2:48 pm He played for our youth team, good enough for me.

Local lads
Heavens no - we don't want any part of Merseyside being claimed as a part of Yorkshire. We will just have to get him to marry a Yorkshirewoman and then never talk about where he was born.