Leeds vs Millscum - Team/Reports/Ratings....

Archive for all MOT match day threads including match previews, in game chat, reports and ratings.
becchio bear
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @Becchiobear

Re: Leeds vs Millscum - Team/Reports/Ratings....

Post by becchio bear »

1964white wrote:
Can't answer that young lady....one thing i can tell you Stephen Warnock has bottle, fearless & just the type of player we've been crying out for in our defence/team....along with Kenny NW's best signing
I was very impressed with SW yesterday along with Byram, two very good players. Morison? not at all impressed, he's lazy, not up to the job, Becchio was there in defence too helping out apart from being our highest goal scorer, Morison just hung back at the half way line...... and he's scored so many since he's been here.... oh wait a minute no he hasn't. :bear:
I'm going back to 505, I saw them at Sheffield and they were amazing.
Twiggster
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Twiggster »

Really happy to hear that Warnock Jnr. is getting praise left right and center! :tup: From Phil Hay at the YEP, to fans calling in after the game yesterday on their way home from the game and all around the LUFC messageboards.
Sounds like the hard tackling full back we have been lacking for years. He's even crippled Varney now. for a couple of days!
So sick of our defenders constantly backing off when defending. Warnock Jnr. sounds like a GITAFTU player! :tup:
becchio bear
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @Becchiobear

Post by becchio bear »

Warnock jnr got my MOTM yesterday, I thought he was excellent, shame he knackered Varney would have been better if it had have been Morison :P :bear:
I'm going back to 505, I saw them at Sheffield and they were amazing.
Kyle_5351
First Team
First Team

Post by Kyle_5351 »

becchio bear wrote:Warnock jnr got my MOTM yesterday, I thought he was excellent, shame he knackered Varney would have been better if it had have been Morison :P :bear:
Sounds like we needed Warnock earlier in the season. Mainly to batter Varney :)
Brader
First Team
First Team

Post by Brader »

This was my first time back at elland road for years (work alot of night shifts and girlfriend living outside of leeds took up most match days) and bloody loved every second. Ross was very poor for me, but seemed out of frustration more than anything else, lacked alittle confidence with his shgooting after the penalty save.

Looked good at the back except for peltiers head and right foot appear to be the same shape as a 50p, so many clearances going straight into the air. Warnock jnr didnt stop barking orders across the back which was very refreshing for me, 3 clean sheets in the league now on the trot is it?.

Morrison for me looks alittle out of fitness, i know everyones giving him stick but he hasnt played for norwich much in the last 6 months for christ sake, you cant expect him to be smashing everything in. Imagine becchio with 3 appearances in 6 months, hed probably be the same.
Brader
First Team
First Team

Post by Brader »

becchio bear wrote:
Oh right, so if Ross had have converted the penalty this decision wouldn't have been taken? What a load of cobblers. He decided that Warnock jnr never having taken a penalty for Leeds before would be the one to step up in future? Really makes you wonder what is going on in our club. :bear:
Maybe hes better at penalties than morrison? same way that david luiz takes free kicks for chelsea over their strikers and midfielders. Im sure it will have been practised on the training pitch.
mav
First Team
First Team

Post by mav »

if Morison is not match fit, the manager needs to sort it out.
Every game I predict a 3 - 1 Leeds win, I am traditional like that.
Gurj
Manager
Manager

Post by Gurj »

mav wrote:if Morison is not match fit, the manager needs to sort it out.
Little bit harsh mate - hardly NW's fault that he hardly played in last 3 months at Norwich. One could argue however that Warnock should have realised when contemplating buying him that it would take hMorison several weeks to get match fit..........
LEEDS AND FOREVER PROUD TO BE !!
LUFCRACE
Manager
Manager
Twitter: lufcrace

Post by LUFCRACE »

Brader wrote:
Maybe hes better at penalties than morrison? same way that david luiz takes free kicks for chelsea over their strikers and midfielders. Im sure it will have been practised on the training pitch.
Aye, not that long since our left back (Ian Harte) was our regular penalty taker.
BRING BACK BRADDERS

International English and maths study programmes for children of all ages and abilities. Give us a shout if you think your child could benefit.
www.facebook.com/KumonWakefieldNorth
MeeTa
Manager
Manager
Twitter: @EirikOstrem

Post by MeeTa »

Brader wrote:

Just her pathetic way to give stick to Morrison every way she can, even tho the guy has barley played footy in months and months.
hector

Post by hector »

But if he is not match fit, and hasn't played in months...

Shouldn't he be in the development squad, getting games and match fit??
Crude
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Crude »

1964white wrote:Can't answer that young lady....one thing i can tell you Stephen Warnock has bottle, fearless & just the type of player we've been crying out for in our defence/team....along with Kenny NW's best signing
^^^THIS^^^

:tup: :tup: :tup:
RIP Twiggster, March 5, 2023

Chris & Kevin | Never Forgotten | April 5, 2000

Gary Andrew Speed, MBE — Always In Our Hearts, 1969-2011
Genghers
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Genghers »

Brader wrote:This was my first time back at elland road for years (work alot of night shifts and girlfriend living outside of leeds took up most match days) and bloody loved every second. Ross was very poor for me, but seemed out of frustration more than anything else, lacked alittle confidence with his shgooting after the penalty save.

Looked good at the back except for peltiers head and right foot appear to be the same shape as a 50p, so many clearances going straight into the air. Warnock jnr didnt stop barking orders across the back which was very refreshing for me, 3 clean sheets in the league now on the trot is it?.

Morrison for me looks alittle out of fitness, i know everyones giving him stick but he hasnt played for norwich much in the last 6 months for christ sake, you cant expect him to be smashing everything in. Imagine becchio with 3 appearances in 6 months, hed probably be the same.
I'm pretty sure we won't have to imagine that in 6 months time when he's out on loan somewhere...
Twiggster
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Twiggster »

So - to clear things up re the 2nd penalty.
Captain Peltier told Warnock Jnr. during the ½ time break, that he should take pens from now on.
Warnock Snr. wanted to bring on Diouf to take the 2nd and Pelts ran up and said NO! Steve is going to take this.
Respect to Pelts for standing up the the manager! :tup: