Loan Watch

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
JoeDenver
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Re: Loan Watch

Post by JoeDenver »

Cjay wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 9:54 pm Technically I'd agree Llorente Is probably better, but physically? He'd get flattened in the Championship imo.

Aaronson is dross imo lol.

He's had 1 good season in his career in Austria.

If we could get our money back I'd pay for his travel
No coincidence that he was the lowest rated player in the Premier League last season. Utter sh*te.
Fly Fishing, Skiing, and The Damned United
lufc1304
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @DrGonzo2411

Post by lufc1304 »

What Joe said, Aaronson is most definitely not the attacking midfielder we need, should never be in a Leeds shirt again.
"When the going gets weird, the weird get professional!" Hunter S Thompson
PhoenixUnited
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by PhoenixUnited »

Clacton White wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 8:29 am Who ?
Can't remember. I'd have to look through the long, long list of "instantly Forgettable Players @ LUFC" :)
Keep The Faith MOT WAL
PhoenixUnited
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by PhoenixUnited »

Jammy 07 wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 8:04 pm Llorente is a far better centre half than Rodon and Kristensen is better than Gray/Roberts at right back.

Just my opinion of course.

Oh and Aaronson is the attacking midfielder we've all been crying out for.

Now how do we convince them to give us one more season assuming we fail in the play offs ?
It is about opinions but I have to say I don't agree with any of that nor do I want to see any of the possible returnees in a Leeds United shirt ever again :)
Keep The Faith MOT WAL
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Llorente and Aronson have something in common, they both lead the MOT MOTM stats through around 15 games start of both their first seasons here... Both were lauded on MOT at the time.... Llorente got injured and never really played as RCB much at all after that. Aaronson got bullied and fouled every time he got the ball... which affected his play going forward.
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Jammy 07
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Jammy 07 »

PhoenixUnited wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 8:19 am nor do I want to see any of the possible returnees in a Leeds United shirt ever again :)
That was my view also when everyone was jumpring ship after the conclusion of last season. However my stance has mellowed mainly due to the fact that loyalty doesn't really exist in football and we'll see that again this summer with players departing who most fans would rather see stay.

Bottom line is we should use the best players we have at our disposal to get back to the PL. Mainly all I care about is our club winning football matches and any attachment to indiviual players is rather pointless as proven by Kalvin Phillips leaving our beloved Leeds United.

If Kalvin a home grown hero won't stay then none of them will and as soon as a better oportunity presents itself then off they all go.

Sad but true which means I've now zero emotional attachment to any the players which also works in reverse with those that left on loan. If they choose to come back then fine and if they go out on loan again then I'm fine with that also.
Orange Box
Manager
Manager

Post by Orange Box »

Jammy 07 wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 8:48 am
Sad but true which means I've now zero emotional attachment to any the players which also works in reverse with those that left on loan. If they choose to come back then fine and if they go out on loan again then I'm fine with that also.
The saddest thing about that statement is I agree. I didn’t realise that until it was just pointed out to me here. I used to have heroes, when I was younger. Then I had role models as I grew older. Then I had players I greatly admired and didn’t think we could do without. Now it’s all a bit meh.

Sure we have some wonderful talent out there, but emotional attachment, none.

Cheers Jammy, I don’t know whether to hug you or hit you.
WARNING: During game time, any post I make is not to be taken seriously, neither is it meant as offence. I'm a hot-blooded creature prone to moments of exasperation and expletive.
Jammy 07
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Jammy 07 »

Orange Box wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 9:16 am The saddest thing about that statement is I agree. I didn’t realise that until it was just pointed out to me here. I used to have heroes, when I was younger. Then I had role models as I grew older. Then I had players I greatly admired and didn’t think we could do without. Now it’s all a bit meh.

Sure we have some wonderful talent out there, but emotional attachment, none.

Cheers Jammy, I don’t know whether to hug you or hit you.
The way to support your team has changed which means from when the transfer window slams shut at the end of August you simply support the players and team that has been put together for that season. Usually that will mean a few loanees, at least one player who was maybe trying to force a move away and maybe next season a couple of players who had previously chosen to go out on loan.

That's how it is now and then it will be all change again for the following season and so on.

It's not that bad though as proven by this season when after a difficult start everyone knuckled down and the fans really got behind the team and we very nearly pulled it off...still might do of course.
Carrick Dave
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Carrick Dave »

Jammy 07 wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 8:04 pm Llorente is a far better centre half than Rodon and Kristensen is better than Gray/Roberts at right back.

Just my opinion of course.

Oh and Aaronson is the attacking midfielder we've all been crying out for.

Now how do we convince them to give us one more season assuming we fail in the play offs ?
When I first read this, I thought “Jammy’s on the wind up”.

A balanced argument however, and like OB I’m conflicted regarding your thoughts on emotional attachment to players but forced to acknowledge the truth of it.

Can’t agree with Aaronson as our CAM salvation though, give me Gus Hamer any day.
Broad Ford
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Broad Ford »

Carrick Dave wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 9:41 am give me Gus Hamer any day.
In 36 PL games he has 4 goals and 6 assists, along with a yellow card every 4 games.
Could be just the bite Leeds United need from midfield.
If you don't know where you are going, every road will get you nowhere.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Middlesbrough will not be taking up the £1.5mil option to buy on Sam Greenword according to local Boro media.

Despite a respectable 5 goals and 3 assists it seems it masked an overall underwhelming loan with 7 of those coming in an 8 game purple patch October/November time and after that not much else.

His poor form especially since the new year was a reinforcing factor.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
Finnatic
Manager
Manager

Post by Finnatic »

Say we get an eighth of what we paid for the players currently on loan, can’t see us getting much more tbh, any ideas who we could buy with the cash who should be better value? - should being the key word 😉
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

The Marc Roca to Betis deal which seemed the most likely is now more uncertain as he has found himself sidelined for quite a few games now.

Is a possibility they just loan him again if we aren't promoted (something the player himself said they can do).

Sean Dyche is apparently keen to keep Jack Harrison but Everton are in a very precarious financial situation. However same as Roca entirely possible he can be loaned again as well.

Despite former manager Jesse Marsch claiming Aaronson would have "plenty of suitors" in the summer his loan club Union Berlin who are in danger of relegation have absolutely no interest in keeping him whether they survive or not according to German media.

He has been praised for his work rate but his lack of end product has been a source of frustration all season (sounds familiar).

The chances of anyone getting near the £25mil we paid are non existent
Signed

King Cjay

JoeDenver
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by JoeDenver »

Cjay wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 4:55 pm The Marc Roca to Betis deal which seemed the most likely is now more uncertain as he has found himself sidelined for quite a few games now.

Is a possibility they just loan him again if we aren't promoted (something the player himself said they can do).

Sean Dyche is apparently keen to keep Jack Harrison but Everton are in a very precarious financial situation. However same as Roca entirely possible he can be loaned again as well.

Despite former manager Jesse Marsch claiming Aaronson would have "plenty of suitors" in the summer his loan club Union Berlin who are in danger of relegation have absolutely no interest in keeping him whether they survive or not according to German media.

He has been praised for his work rate but his lack of end product has been a source of frustration all season (sounds familiar).

The chances of anyone getting near the £25mil we paid are non existent

I always said his ceiling was with a low table Bundesliga team. Looks like I might’ve overshot…
Fly Fishing, Skiing, and The Damned United
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

We're not the only team to pay middling money for a player in the prem only to find we've not got our monies worth. Manure paid 82M for Antony... what's he worth now 20 at best? Everyone wastes big money on players but then gets big money in for players they paid peanuts for ... swings and roundabouts. Not really an issue for the fans unless you're Everton or Man City

I see Chelsea tried to sell their Cobham training complex to themselves to avoid FFP
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
pjm2019
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by pjm2019 »

PhoenixUnited wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 8:28 am In some European league - anywhere but here! Really not good enough to be playing at Championship level IMHO
i thought he was OK a couple of times i saw him play CB. If we do not get promoted i think he could do a job for us
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Borussia Mönchengladbach are keen to keep Max Wober but our asking price which is reported to be £15mil is beyond them.

“We are having discussions with everyone involved. Of course, we would like to keep Max with us,” explains sporting director Roland Virkus. “But (Leeds) demands are extremely high.”
Signed

King Cjay

DDB220
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by DDB220 »

Personally I do not have an issue with any player returning to the club. All they did wrong was cash in on a stipulated contract clause to protect their earnings.
I remember the furore around Gnonto - that disappeared when he got back in the team and started playing well. If Aaronson comes back to the club and does a job any anger or misgivings will be quickly forgotten.
If Firpo had not been injured during the summer window and a club came in for him on loan. How many believe he would have stayed ?

I rest my case Mi’lud.
Orange Box
Manager
Manager

Post by Orange Box »

Cjay wrote: Wed May 15, 2024 11:14 am Borussia Mönchengladbach are keen to keep Max Wober but our asking price which is reported to be £15mil is beyond them.

“We are having discussions with everyone involved. Of course, we would like to keep Max with us,” explains sporting director Roland Virkus. “But (Leeds) demands are extremely high.”
Of course I have no stats or hard evidence to back this up: but it from the outside looking in, it seems like we capitulate far too easily in fee/contract negotiations.
WARNING: During game time, any post I make is not to be taken seriously, neither is it meant as offence. I'm a hot-blooded creature prone to moments of exasperation and expletive.
GreennWhite
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by GreennWhite »

Like DDB said, i also have no problems with the loaned out players coming back. How many actually come back and become part of the squad is anyones guess. Im sure Farke will have done his homework on all of them and have an idea of who he can work with, what players he wont want to keep and what positions he will need to fill. Im looking at this from a point of view that we dont get promoted and certain players leave in the summer.
Fingers crossed that we do go up and then lets see how that turns out regarding new players that are brought in during the summer, which we will have to do to strengthen this current squad.