Gigs (not that one!)

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
CUSSIE01
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Re: Gigs (not that one!)

Post by CUSSIE01 »

Springsteen tonight, always puts on a good show. Cracking day here for a few cold ones & a boogie. 🍺🍺☀️☀️
Keeping The Faith
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Waxahatchee
King Hannah
Chelsea Wolfe
Ride
Wand

All coming up for me

Chelsea Wolfe has the AOTY so far by a distance but Wand drop a new one in July... Ride's new album Interplay is also very good
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
CUSSIE01
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by CUSSIE01 »

Springsteen was at his best on Thursday, 74 years old and still played for 3 /12 hours albeit the first half of the show was a bit slower than usual. As usual over here politics takes over and there were a lot of comments on his choice of ‘ No Surrender ‘ as his opening song 🤣🤣
Keeping The Faith
WhiteRose
First Team
First Team

Post by WhiteRose »

Went to elbow’s pre arena warmup at Newcastle city hall last week. Never really been my cup of tea but the wife likes them - have to say though it was Amazing and great to see a top band in what’s a comparatively tiny venue - particularly liked grounds for divorce, you could feel the place shaking!
Muppet the Cat

Post by Muppet the Cat »

Saw Kelly Jones (Stereophonics) last night at a venue called The Gate, in Cardiff. It’s an old chapel/church on a corner within a maze of terrace streets in the Roath area of the city.

Good venue, first time I’d been there. Before going into the performance hall everyone was required to turn of their phone and put it in a sealed bag. Not come across that before.

Good concert though.
55799C69-9E45-4687-8DE2-54D7201F5D08.jpeg
B1787C4B-E1C8-4C4D-A28F-C1B8C1C0F1A3.jpeg
BlancdeBlanc
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by BlancdeBlanc »

Had tickets to see The English Teacher tonight, advance purchase, never thought Leeds would be in the play offs… oh well, hopefully catch them another time. Come on Leeds!
BradWhite
First Team
First Team

Post by BradWhite »

I'm in Manc land on Sunday to watch the mighty Bruce Dickinson's solo show.

He's still got that powerful vocal range at 65 years old.

Rock on.
Lorimer46
First Team
First Team
Twitter: @dsc67

Post by Lorimer46 »

Trip up to Edinburgh on Saturday night to see Hayseed Dixie in the Liquid Rooms, looking forward to seeing these guys again always a great night
" The best laid schemes o' mice an' men
Gang aft agley "
Muppet the Cat

Post by Muppet the Cat »

Lorimer46 wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 6:02 am Trip up to Edinburgh on Saturday night to see Hayseed Dixie in the Liquid Rooms, looking forward to seeing these guys again always a great night
Seen them a few times, down in Cardiff, Lorimer…….as you say always a good evening. Enjoy :tup:
Lorimer46
First Team
First Team
Twitter: @dsc67

Post by Lorimer46 »

Muppet the Cat wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 7:16 am Seen them a few times, down in Cardiff, Lorimer…….as you say always a good evening. Enjoy :tup:
This will be the third time I've seen them, first time to this venue. Still hoping that the annouce a date in my local venue for late in the year . Little Joe's on stage antics always go down well with the audience
" The best laid schemes o' mice an' men
Gang aft agley "
Mick Jones shoulder
Manager
Manager

Post by Mick Jones shoulder »

Glastonbudget this weekend attracts maybe 15000 folks to watch some pretty good tribute acts. On the piss for the weekend🤣
Muppet the Cat

Post by Muppet the Cat »

Mick Jones shoulder wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 6:55 pm Glastonbudget this weekend attracts maybe 15000 folks to watch some pretty good tribute acts. On the piss for the weekend🤣
Tbh, had never heard of it MJS. Just googled and there seem to be a fair few bands those names crop up at The Globe near me. In fact not many weeks saw the Bon Jovi Experience (who I see are on, on the Friday) and they were really good.

Enjoy :tup:
Mick Jones shoulder
Manager
Manager

Post by Mick Jones shoulder »

Usually a good crack, Bon Jovi should be a laugh I remember seeing the real thing support Kiss in maybe 82..
Cheers Muppet I'll try my best