Victor Orta

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Clacton White
First Team
First Team

Re: Victor Orta on another failure mission!

Post by Clacton White »

Kennyb41 wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 5:45 pm Scum for me.

And i'd never miss church on a Sunday again.
Chelscum might be good too 😆
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

Clacton White wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2023 11:31 am Chelscum might be good too 😆
Yeah was thinkin that myself with Chelscum being in the same bracket and Todd of the thinking he's getting the best money can buy :duno:
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek:

;@)
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Has Victor dropped another clanger already?

Only signed on the 15th
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
Clacton White
First Team
First Team

Post by Clacton White »

I hope so , as they say , a leopard never changes it's spots.
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by andrewjohnsmith »

Came across this looking for a list of Orta signings. It's a ranking of Victor Orta's 68 signings.

The post is dated May last year. So it's a bit outdated given some of the improvements and demises of this season. I can agree with about 90% of it:

https://www.planetfootball.com/quick-re ... a-augustin
Carrick Dave
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Carrick Dave »

Cjay wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2023 9:10 pm
14 games for the first Victor Orta appointment at Sevilla.

Sevilla only out of the relegation zone on goal difference
My thinking is that the common factor in all Orta's victims is huge hands.
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Cjay wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 3:52 pm
Has Victor dropped another clanger already?

Only signed on the 15th
I think this sort of thing highlights the problems with an over reliance on stats. You don't know put enough importance on the player's character. If you think of JKA as an example for us but then there were also the countless youngsetrs signed cos they'd been at Real Madrid, Barcelona, Loverpool etc. What was the reason they failed? Were they very good but not great or did they not have the right mental attitude, the desire etc to make it? Same with Sonny Perkins. You then see the likes of the players we nearly signed Noa Lang, Michael Cuisance, Bamba Dieng and Said Benhrama spring to mind. Bielsa never wanted anything to do with Lang, Orta was all over him but it always seemed that Lang had a very dubious personality. Cuisance I am convinced was turned away by Bielsa and we made up the injury story to save face.

You then fast forward to this season and see the difference when Farke sent that guy packing who didn't seem committed. We needed a 10, according to some, but Farke pulled the plug. Farke wanted the right players in but only if they have the right attitudes.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Victor Orta

Post by Cjay »

Some things never change as yesterday proved.

Here is another thing

Sevilla fans calling for the resignation of Victor Orta.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

They know their onions^
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek:

;@)
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Reminds me of the old saying although I cannot remember it exactly- You can lead a horse to Orta, but you can't stop him signing donkeys.
PhoenixUnited
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by PhoenixUnited »

weasel wrote: Mon May 27, 2024 6:03 pm Reminds me of the old saying although I cannot remember it exactly- You can lead a horse to Orta, but you can't stop him signing donkeys.
Or was it - You can lead a horse to water but a donkey must be Victors :roll:
Keep The Faith MOT WAL
GreennWhite
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by GreennWhite »

Poor Victor, being picked on again :)
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

weasel wrote: Mon May 27, 2024 6:03 pm Reminds me of the old saying although I cannot remember it exactly- You can lead a horse to Orta, but you can't stop him signing donkeys.
What about an ass. That would throw him.
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Jaydog wrote: Mon May 27, 2024 6:29 pm What about an ass. That would throw him.
You don't want to be thrown of an ass mid ride.
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

weasel wrote: Mon May 27, 2024 8:15 pm You don't want to be thrown of an ass mid ride.
Exactly. It’s a long way back if your wife puts it back in the stable.
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by andrewjohnsmith »

Cjay wrote: Mon May 27, 2024 1:04 pm Some things never change as yesterday proved.

Here is another thing

Sevilla fans calling for the resignation of Victor Orta.
His name won't go away. He's totally responsible for all the issues we're facing today, one year after he's gone.

We have loaned out players who can all go out for another season. And most likely we'll recoup none of the money we signed for them. He's the one that convinced Radz that "Relegation is impossible" and hence the ridiculous relegation clauses. He signed a quality player in Rutter, but paid way over the odds. Rutter will probably want to leave. But we'll take a massive FFP hit on him.

He'll make us some money on Summerville and Gnonto. But all in all he left us in a massive financial hole. One that even a Saudi trillionaire couldn't pull us out of due to league regulations. All that should have been better planned. I wish him all the best from those Sevilla fans.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

andrewjohnsmith wrote: Tue May 28, 2024 12:15 am His name won't go away. He's totally responsible for all the issues we're facing today, one year after he's gone.

We have loaned out players who can all go out for another season. And most likely we'll recoup none of the money we signed for them. He's the one that convinced Radz that "Relegation is impossible" and hence the ridiculous relegation clauses. He signed a quality player in Rutter, but paid way over the odds. Rutter will probably want to leave. But we'll take a massive FFP hit on him.

He'll make us some money on Summerville and Gnonto. But all in all he left us in a massive financial hole. One that even a Saudi trillionaire couldn't pull us out of due to league regulations. All that should have been better planned. I wish him all the best from those Sevilla fans.
Left us in a real mess, Andrew.
PhoenixUnited
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by PhoenixUnited »

1964white wrote: Tue May 28, 2024 10:25 am Left us in a real mess, Andrew.
I don't lose sight of the fact that there were two others in creating the unholy mess - Radrizanni who apparently was oblivious to the vandalism being perpetrated in his own house and Kinnear, who appears to be deaf, blind and mute. :rant: :rant: :rant:
Keep The Faith MOT WAL
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

PhoenixUnited wrote: Tue May 28, 2024 12:14 pm I don't lose sight of the fact that there were two others in creating the unholy mess - Radrizanni who apparently was oblivious to the vandalism being perpetrated in his own house and Kinnear, who appears to be deaf, blind and mute. :rant: :rant: :rant:
And somehow, Kinnear is still employed by LUFC. :shock:
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

1964white wrote: Tue May 28, 2024 12:17 pm And somehow, Kinnear is still employed by LUFC. :shock:
Apparently one of our new owners was seen to be having his arm around Kinnear at the end of the game, walking towards the fans. Consoling him or telling him "you're fired".....?