Volunteers

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Volunteers

Post by whiteswan »

.....Or we could just have Rugby league as one thread? I don't mind Leon.
I started 'Superleague' when Wakey were in it and then 'Rugby leage not Superleague' when we dropped out.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

whiteswan wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 3:06 pm I'll update the Superleague and Rugby league Championship. I know nothing of Union.
Thank you Swannie. :tup:

Stick with both threads, matches are generally played Thursday to Sunday throughout the summer, until September.

Will be interesting to know how some of the old traditional clubs are performing in the championship of rugby league.
Chilli D
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Chilli D »

1964white wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 2:54 pm Excellent Chilli :tup: there should be a few tournaments upcoming in the summer/autumn months.

The last post on the Golf thread was 22nd April & is currently on page 4.
👍
The flowers of common sense do not grow in everyone's garden
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

1964white wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 3:38 pm Thank you Swannie. :tup:

Stick with both threads, matches are generally played Thursday to Sunday throughout the summer, until September.

Will be interesting to know how some of the old traditional clubs are performing in the championship of rugby league.
How do I find the 'Rugby League not Superleague' thread :duno:
DDB220
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by DDB220 »

I was hoping you might have had a thread for Twister or Beer Pong.

I can’t really assist with the listed options. Besides I am shocking from an administrative perspective.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

whiteswan wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 4:42 pm How do I find the 'Rugby League not Superleague' thread :duno:
https://www.motforum.com/phpbb/viewtopi ... e#p1179094
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
1964white

Post by 1964white »

whiteswan wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 4:42 pm How do I find the 'Rugby League not Superleague' thread :duno:
Right now!

Super League is below this thread on page 1

Rugby League is on page 9
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

Thank you Cjay and 64
Orange Box
Manager
Manager

Post by Orange Box »

Suppose I’m the one for Scottish football, though what that entails is beyond my imagination right now. One thing I do promise though, there will be no mention of Celtic, or Hibernian. Rangers and Hearts, yes. I’m all for balance.
WARNING: During game time, any post I make is not to be taken seriously, neither is it meant as offence. I'm a hot-blooded creature prone to moments of exasperation and expletive.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Orange Box wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 8:49 pm Suppose I’m the one for Scottish football, though what that entails is beyond my imagination right now. One thing I do promise though, there will be no mention of Celtic, or Hibernian. Rangers and Hearts, yes. I’m all for balance.
C'mon Raith, my "home town" team ... Good season for them
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Orange Box
Manager
Manager

Post by Orange Box »

The Subhuman wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 10:13 pm C'mon Raith, my "home town" team ... Good season for them
So, a Kirkcaldy man, eh? My hometown is not far from there, Cowdenbeath, who had their usual drench season, now nestled firmly in the lower half of the aptly named Lowland league.

When this season dies down I shall post a topic to discover members fav Scottish team, there are some fantastic names in there. Congrats on hitting the big time btw (fingers crossed)
WARNING: During game time, any post I make is not to be taken seriously, neither is it meant as offence. I'm a hot-blooded creature prone to moments of exasperation and expletive.
whiteinfrance
First Team
First Team

Post by whiteinfrance »

There are a few on here I could suggest for TOTW ! :)
Allez les Blancs , Les Paons
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Orange Box wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 7:18 am So, a Kirkcaldy man, eh? My hometown is not far from there, Cowdenbeath, who had their usual drench season, now nestled firmly in the lower half of the aptly named Lowland league.

When this season dies down I shall post a topic to discover members fav Scottish team, there are some fantastic names in there. Congrats on hitting the big time btw (fingers crossed)
Lived there for a year as a kid, Burntisland. We went to all Raiths home games while we were there
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Orange Box
Manager
Manager

Post by Orange Box »

Burntisland. Know it well, my eldest (about 8 then) got a wicked jellyfish sting on that beach, hospitalised for two days. Later that same summer he spent overnight in Glasgow kids, after head butting the wall at an ice rink. The only way he could stop, he said. It never affected him though, he’s a police detective now🙄
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Orange Box wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 8:49 pm Suppose I’m the one for Scottish football, though what that entails is beyond my imagination right now. One thing I do promise though, there will be no mention of Celtic, or Hibernian. Rangers and Hearts, yes. I’m all for balance.
So, you are in charge of Scottish football, OB. :-D

We'll have to find a way of including the Glasgow/Edinburgh clubs.

Ironically enough, we were chatting to a Glaswegian couple, who happen to say good morning to us, a rarity in this area, something the majority of southerners don't do!
1964white

Post by 1964white »

We have many of the popular threads/topics covered by several of our members.

We need volunteers to look after other less popular threads, such as:

Cricket 2023/24
Super League - Swannie
Rugby League (Non- Super League) - Swannie
Six nations/Rugby Union
Golf - Chilli
Boxing - Cjay
World Darts
Premier League - Cjay
Championship - Cjay
League One & Two 64
Scottish Football - OB
European/World Football
Loan Watch - Cjay
General Thread
Music Chat Thread
Twat of the Week - Mental
Individual Player threads

Any one else interested in updating & maintaining the above topics?
Orange Box
Manager
Manager

Post by Orange Box »

1964white wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 1:35 pm So, you are in charge of Scottish football, OB. :-D

We'll have to find a way of including the Glasgow/Edinburgh clubs.

Ironically enough, we were chatting to a Glaswegian couple, who happen to say good morning to us, a rarity in this area, something the majority of southerners don't do!
Are you sure that’s what they were saying? Usually goes right over ma heed
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Orange Box wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 12:57 pm Burntisland. Know it well, my eldest (about 8 then) got a wicked jellyfish sting on that beach, hospitalised for two days. Later that same summer he spent overnight in Glasgow kids, after head butting the wall at an ice rink. The only way he could stop, he said. It never affected him though, he’s a police detective now🙄
The beach by the railway line, through the tunnel? ... remember it well, that and the family picnics on the Bin. Dad worked a lot in Scotland for Marconi Space and Defence, (sonar engineer). This was an extended stay of over a year so the whole family went up. Not been back since my early twenties.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Orange Box wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 4:42 pm Are you sure that’s what they were saying? Usually goes right over ma heed
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Nice friendly youngish couple.
Orange Box
Manager
Manager

Post by Orange Box »

The Subhuman wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 5:11 pm The beach by the railway line, through the tunnel? ... remember it well, that and the family picnics on the Bin. Dad worked a lot in Scotland for Marconi Space and Defence, (sonar engineer). This was an extended stay of over a year so the whole family went up. Not been back since my early twenties.
Our family days out were to the Meadows at Lochore, or the Meedders, as they were called. My uncle John was ex RAF and worked at Rosyth on some electrickery radar/sonar stuff. Boy could he drink. Whenever we went out John would always go the bar for the drinks, not with his own money, mind. I followed him once, he always had a ‘half’ while he was waiting. His half was a tot of whiskey. Sometimes he would have 2, if the barman was slow. I was last there about 20 years ago, all family scattered around, now, no one left in fife. But happy times.