Norwich pre match chat

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Jammy 07
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Re: Norwich pre match chat

Post by Jammy 07 »

As others have stated it's 100% correct that we don't need to force anything and having 180 mins to win the tie should work in our favour.

Patience will hopefully see us prosper.
pjm2019
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by pjm2019 »

Broad Ford wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 11:27 pm Cooper is a big call, but leadership is needed at the back. Amps then takes up a more familiar position in midfield. I'd have Firpo not attacking too far forward as we need him to defend. This controlling in the defensive 3rd hasn't delivered the results needed nor the excitement of fast attacking football. I'd much rather see Amps controlling the midfield and playing the ball to the wingers with Bamford pulling defenders out of position creating space.

I wouldn't stick with the current set up. I'd twist and try something different without compromising an organised backline. The rearguard keeping a clean sheet and taking a 1 goal lead into the home leg could build up the confidence Leeds United need to qualify for the final.
Breaking news: Firpo cannot defend
mentalcase

Post by mentalcase »

tempFileForShare_20240508-173750.jpg
"Critics are men that watch a battle from a high place, then come down and shoot the survivors"
Orange Box
Manager
Manager

Post by Orange Box »

I think we know exactly what to expect, if Farke called last weekends game plan “risky”: it’s back to square one. I didn’t see anything risky at all, just more of the same.

So, slow build up, me-to-you-to-me passing along the back, then every forward on the field for the last 10 minutes when we are chasing the game. Culminating in another loss. 2-0 on my prediction topic.
WARNING: During game time, any post I make is not to be taken seriously, neither is it meant as offence. I'm a hot-blooded creature prone to moments of exasperation and expletive.
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

Orange Box wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 9:05 pm I think we know exactly what to expect, if Farke called last weekends game plan “risky”: it’s back to square one. I didn’t see anything risky at all, just more of the same.

So, slow build up, me-to-you-to-me passing along the back, then every forward on the field for the last 10 minutes when we are chasing the game. Culminating in another loss. 2-0 on my prediction topic.
Sounds about right OB :tup:

The Chuckle Brothers strategy 🤣

To me to you to me to you.

Gonna be a nice easy afternoon for Norwich, and same for them at ER, nice trot out to prepare for the final.
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

mentalcase wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 4:38 pm tempFileForShare_20240508-173750.jpg
Classic 🤣
Clitheroe White
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Clitheroe White »

Clacton White wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 5:19 am It's funny but I see that season differently , I think the championship has got progressively weaker , that 4 teams all have a total points finish that could easily be top 2 any other season shows to me the overall standard is weaker.....3 of those teams being ones that have just come down , where you may expect one of those to not do so well . The 3 that went up to PL look like all coming straight back to, again showing that this division is falling behind even the lower reaches of the PL......I guess though it's how we look at things , I just think without the bad start and absolutely dire finish , Leeds could easily have avoided play off scenario. OK , the start was a mess with players wanting out and rocking the boat , I guess Farke didn't know what sort of squad it would be etc....the end though was a s**t show .
Interesting observation and could have some merit. That is over one season though as other years have seen a few scramble up and remain (e.g. Villa, Brentford, Fulham (up, down, then up), bournemouth, forest (just) ). from the last 5 seasons 25% have stayed up. That isn't many.
Tyzy
First Team
First Team

Post by Tyzy »

Orange Box wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 9:05 pm I think we know exactly what to expect, if Farke called last weekends game plan “risky”: it’s back to square one. I didn’t see anything risky at all, just more of the same.

Spot on,we're so predictable unfortunately 🙁
Broad Ford
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Broad Ford »

pjm2019 wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 10:14 am Breaking news: Firpo cannot defend
From new years day right up to fools day Firpo was integral to that amazing run that had us all excited.

He still has the ability to contribute toward clean sheets and goals. All we can do is believe that he can perform in 3 big finals.
If you don't know where you are going, every road will get you nowhere.
Phild
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Phild »

Sorry disagree
He has no ability to contribute towards clean sheets.
Boro away was typical and I commented at the time.He got an assist and we got 3 points. His defending in that game was atrocious.
When the results were going in our favour nobody really cared about his defending.
I DID and the results are there for everybody to see.
He’s not the only one to blame but the glaring deficiency in our back four.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

A spot-on analysis, OB.

I'm unsure what Farke was on about, bluffing I suspect.
Sean_Nile
First Team
First Team

Post by Sean_Nile »

Norwich City player arrested ahead of Championship play-off semi-final against Leeds United
Norwich City defender Shane Duffy has been arrested and charged with drink-driving after two-vehicle smash, just days before the Canaries play-off semi-final with Leeds United.

Derby deja vu
Johnsie123
Ballboy
Ballboy

Match Thread Re: Norwich pre match chat

Post by Johnsie123 »

Well there's a surprise Bumbeling Bamford misses the last 3 games the same as last Yr when are the management going to realise he is the dbs he is a waste of space as I see it,Farke has got to pick Joseph for me, Piroe ain't the best but then do we think it is to much pressure for him .The other issue is Geldhart not being used after being cupped into signing new contract and again low on confidence.
hector

Post by hector »

Not that he would.... but is he able to use loan players that have returned??
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

hector wrote: Fri May 10, 2024 4:10 pm Not that he would.... but is he able to use loan players that have returned??
No

Loan contracts officially end after the season ends to stop this I believe (regardless of whether the player has physically returned to the permanent club)
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
hector

Post by hector »

cheers matie