Leeds v Monaco (Friendly) Match Thread.

Archive for all MOT match day threads including match previews, in game chat, reports and ratings.
Overman
Manager
Manager

Re: Leeds v Monaco (Friendly) Match Thread.

Post by Overman »

Prisoner37 wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2023 5:27 pm Pascal's best game in a long time.

Our youngsters really struggled physically against them.

Very worried about Rutter now. Just seems to lumber about.
Rutter is an expensive dud and won't hack it in the Championship. There should be no further evidence on this showing, that the 49ers need to invest more asap. I appreciate it's only a friendly, but the signs don't look good at all. I recall we had a terrible pre-season the year Bielsa was sacked, so there is some substance to it. Hopefully Farke will be well informed and get rid of some more deadwood, as well as those stealing a living.

Has Mes ever saved a penalty?
Scoobychief
Manager
Manager

Post by Scoobychief »

1964white wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2023 5:35 pm Unsure he was injured that much, tbh.
No he got up on his feet shortly after
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Cjay wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2023 5:34 pm OK side but quality no.

Ligue 1 has officially dropped out of the top 5 elite European leagues according to Uefa.

It's 7th now

Below Belgium and Netherlands.

So 6th in Ligue 1 certainly doesn't make a quality side.

Probably comparable to maybe a lower mid table Premier league side imo.

12-15th ish
For Monaco, that was like Leeds playing Cardiff, Accrington & Barnsley in the cups last season.

Monaco had experience at the back to keep our attack at bay & quality upfront to punish our defence. As I posted earlier they are no mug side, that's twice they have beaten us in friendlies.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

MightyWhites wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2023 5:31 pm I've said it before and I'll say it again. Bamford, Cooper and the rest of the old school need to be jettisoned. They are no longer good enough..it needs a complete rebuild IMO. Orta has done real damage, like he did at Boro.

I said I have the 49ers a clean slate, well with the money they saved in not buying a PL club they better sort it out pronto!
To be fair to Coops, we looked better with him on the park, I'm not saying he is the answer. I was looking forward to seeing Wober today, hope he's not injured again.
Scoobychief
Manager
Manager

Post by Scoobychief »

It baffles me as to what has happened to Daniel James was supposedly the fastest player in the Premier league I had forgotten he was on the pitch today WTF. We need to try and get some money for him if we could offload him
1964white

Post by 1964white »

The Subhuman wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2023 5:44 pm Surprised he didn’t start
I suppose Farke is trying things out.

I thought Ampadu & Gray worked together well & were very good, midfield was poor in the second-half.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

White Riot wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2023 5:49 pm Hopefully turns a corner with Farkes encouragement.

He was dire last season, but not the only one.
Pascal played on the right today.
Victor_Notts-17
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Victor_Notts-17 »

1964white wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2023 6:22 pm I was looking forward to seeing Wober today, hope he's not injured again.
Wober was left out due to his contract situation and because of transfer interest! That is straight from Farke so it looks like he is on his way out!
Ben Scooby lufc
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Ben Scooby lufc »

We need a number nine urgently. The only real chance of us scoring recently was mostly down to Rodrigo. He needs replacing a.s.a.p.
We need a restructure along with couple of decent new signings fast.
;-) Yeboah against Liverpool :!: :!: Crossbar and in. :love: :love:
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by andrewjohnsmith »

Victor_Notts-17 wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2023 6:27 pm Wober was left out due to his contract situation and because of transfer interest! That is straight from Farke so it looks like he is on his way out!
Heard the same thing too. Left out due to transfer situation.

Real shame since he'd been one of the players who said he was staying.

Harrison was left out due to an injury. Could be like Adams - we get to keep him if he's not fit by deadline day.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

1964white wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2023 6:19 pm For Monaco, that was like Leeds playing Cardiff, Accrington & Barnsley in the cups last season.

Monaco had experience at the back to keep our attack at bay & quality upfront to punish our defence. As I posted earlier they are no mug side, that's twice they have beaten us in friendlies.
Mug side no.

But quality no.

As I say the Ligue 1 is not a top league anymore.

They were being beaten by Fenerbahçe and Hungarian team Ferencvárosi in Europe last season.

Most of the Premier league would give them a game.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
Jimang
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Jimang »

Was disappointed with the performance. Did not seem able to create anything, seemed to keep passing forward, then immediately pass backwards again. With the attacking players we have, I can't understand how we have such few shots on goal. I thought Ampedu had a decent first game, looking to play long balls into our strikers. Worrying about Wober moving on, he was our best defender last season, and a candidate for Captain.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Victor_Notts-17 wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2023 6:27 pm Wober was left out due to his contract situation and because of transfer interest! That is straight from Farke so it looks like he is on his way out!
Oh dear, that is bad news!

We need another solid CB then, as with several other positions.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Cjay wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2023 6:44 pm Mug side no.

But quality no.

As I say the Ligue 1 is not a top league anymore.

They were being beaten by Fenerbahçe and Hungarian team Ferencvárosi in Europe last season.

Most of the Premier league would give them a game.
Right now, Fenerbahçe & Ferencvaros are at a higher level than Leeds.
marie67
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by marie67 »

The lesser spotted Sam Byram?
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

Whatever you do do not be shooting Farke for this shite we are in and the shite players he is having to try and work with.

Wake up and smell the coffee.

It is NOT his fault.

And no amount of Tactics, Formation, Parking the bus to try and keep the score down, Trying the youth, Playing Cresswell, Giving Joffy a try, playing 5-3-2, Going for a point, Playing Hjelde at LB, Making the defence more solid, etc etc etc - will make these players better.

He has inherited as much shite as Bert did, and it's about time you so called 'football' fans sat up and took notice.

You do not blame a good workman if he has shite tools.

From the last 30mins i saw today we are a lot more than 'a work in progress'

And anyone clamouring for the likes of LC and PB to be shown the door better worry who's gonna take their place in the side, because as much as i'd like to see the back of them, we do not have anyone better to take their place if we are gonna try stroking it about which is the evidence i saw for 30 mins.

Fck me he's got his work cut out, and jeez Weasel if you saw any of this 'knocking it about' today it was dreadful, they just don't get 'it' the majority of these.

But one shining light was that Ampadu does, but the rest - Lord help us.
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek:

;@)
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

marie67 wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2023 7:39 pm The lesser spotted Sam Byram?
Dya think Bert should've been sacked Marie ?
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek:

;@)
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

I think he's shown me the way he's gonna go Weasel, and Wobers not gonna fit into this pal, it really wouldn't surprise me if he's told him he can leave.

;@)
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

And Gnonto is starting to annoy the holy s**t out of me, he's gonna be a managers nightmare that little guy.

;@)
malcolmw
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by malcolmw »

andrewjohnsmith wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2023 6:44 pm Heard the same thing too. Left out due to transfer situation.

Real shame since he'd been one of the players who said he was staying.

Harrison was left out due to an injury. Could be like Adams - we get to keep him if he's not fit by deadline day.
OK if that's the case can't someone whack Wober on the shin, so he's also injured on deadline day. :)