European/World/International Football

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Fish
Ballboy
Ballboy

Re: European/World Football

Post by Fish »

Shame Munich felt cheated out of goal with dodgy offside . Oh well never mind . What goes around ….
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

Fish wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 7:26 pm Shame Munich felt cheated out of goal with dodgy offside . Oh well never mind . What goes around ….
I did have a good laugh at Tucals rant. I see the Bayern cheats are still wearing OUR European Cup winning star on their shirts.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Not offside though, he was behind the ball ...
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

The Subhuman wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 8:54 pm Not offside though, he was behind the ball ...
Well, it was given offside. I am so pleased. And yes, I'm bitter, very bitter. I remember 1975 very well. How upset and hurt I was at the injustice of that game. Still to this day it angers me. Bayern can get well and truly stuffed....

Sorry faaip, no anger aimed at you.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

whiteswan wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 11:38 pm Well, it was given offside. I am so pleased. And yes, I'm bitter, very bitter. I remember 1975 very well. How upset and hurt I was at the injustice of that game. Still to this day it angers me. Bayern can get well and truly stuffed....

It was a horrible night, we have the right to be angry.

Sobbed my eyes out 😭
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Aston Villa's Europa Conference League run ended at the semi-final stage as opponents Olympiakos set up a final with Fiorentina.

Having lost the first leg 4-2, Villa fell to a 2-0 defeat in Greece to lose their tie 6-2 on aggregate.

Villa were hoping to reach their first European final since Tony Barton's team won the European Cup in 1982.

Instead, Olympiakos will play in their first European final at the home of rivals AEK Athens on 29 May.

And there will be no English club in a European final for the first time in four seasons.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

whiteswan wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 11:38 pm Well, it was given offside. I am so pleased. And yes, I'm bitter, very bitter. I remember 1975 very well. How upset and hurt I was at the injustice of that game. Still to this day it angers me. Bayern can get well and truly stuffed....

Thought it was the RM winner they were talking about. I'm always happy to see Kane fail
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

The Subhuman wrote: Fri May 10, 2024 8:07 am Thought it was the RM winner they were talking about. I'm always happy to see Kane fail
Ah, yes I see. Wires crossed faaip. Anyway, justice was done, I think we all agree on that one.
hector

Post by hector »

whiteswan wrote: Fri May 10, 2024 9:58 am Ah, yes I see. Wires crossed faaip. Anyway, justice was done, I think we all agree on that one.
What are you doing up at this time of day??

Or has hubby hacked your account??

:) :)
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

hector wrote: Fri May 10, 2024 10:06 am What are you doing up at this time of day??

Or has hubby hacked your account??

:) :)
I've been asking myself that question :roll:
hector

Post by hector »

whiteswan wrote: Fri May 10, 2024 12:10 pm I've been asking myself that question :roll:
Think it must be the later..........

Your posts made sense :P :P :) :)
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Bayer Leverkusen have officially the longest unbeaten record in all competitions in European Football history.

A draw with AS Roma last week was enough to overtake the 50 year record held by the legendary Benfica side of the 1960s lead by the iconis Eusebio.

Leverkusen followed that up at the weekend with a 5-0 win in the league vs VfL Bochum.

They can equal the 2nd highest points total in Bundesliga history with a win in the final game of the season and match Pep's 1st season side in 2013/2014.

However they can't beat the record points total of 91 set by the amazing Jupp Heynckes side of 12/13.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
1964white

Re: European/World/International Football

Post by 1964white »

Marcus Rashford and Jordan Henderson have been left out of Gareth Southgate's provisional 33-man England squad for Euro 2024.

Goalkeepers: Dean Henderson (Crystal Palace), Jordan Pickford (Everton), Aaron Ramsdale (Arsenal), James Trafford (Burnley).

Defenders: Jarrad Branthwaite (Everton), Lewis Dunk (Brighton), Joe Gomez (Liverpool), Marc Guehi (Crystal Palace), Ezri Konsa (Aston Villa), Harry Maguire (Manchester United), Jarell Quansah (Liverpool), Luke Shaw (Manchester United), John Stones (Manchester City), Kieran Trippier (Newcastle), Kyle Walker (Manchester City)

Midfielders: Trent Alexander-Arnold (Liverpool), Conor Gallagher (Chelsea), Curtis Jones (Liverpool), Kobbie Mainoo (Manchester United), Declan Rice (Arsenal), Adam Wharton (Crystal Palace).

Forwards: Jude Bellingham (Real Madrid), Jarrod Bowen (West Ham), Eberechi Eze (Crystal Palace), Phil Foden (Manchester City), Jack Grealish (Manchester City), Anthony Gordon (Newcastle), Harry Kane (Bayern Munich), James Maddison (Tottenham), Cole Palmer (Chelsea), Bukayo Saka (Arsenal), Ivan Toney (Brentford), Ollie Watkins (Aston Villa).
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by andrewjohnsmith »

Cjay wrote: Thu May 16, 2024 12:04 pm Bayer Leverkusen have officially the longest unbeaten record in all competitions in European Football history.

A draw with AS Roma last week was enough to overtake the 50 year record held by the legendary Benfica side of the 1960s lead by the iconis Eusebio.

Leverkusen followed that up at the weekend with a 5-0 win in the league vs VfL Bochum.

They can equal the 2nd highest points total in Bundesliga history with a win in the final game of the season and match Pep's 1st season side in 2013/2014.

However they can't beat the record points total of 91 set by the amazing Jupp Heynckes side of 12/13.
Certainly a great achievement by Alonso. Tough to say based on one season. But probably puts him down as one of the best managers in the world today.
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by andrewjohnsmith »

1964white wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 6:59 pm Marcus Rashford and Jordan Henderson have been left out of Gareth Southgate's provisional 33-man England squad for Euro 2024.

Goalkeepers: Dean Henderson (Crystal Palace), Jordan Pickford (Everton), Aaron Ramsdale (Arsenal), James Trafford (Burnley).

Defenders: Jarrad Branthwaite (Everton), Lewis Dunk (Brighton), Joe Gomez (Liverpool), Marc Guehi (Crystal Palace), Ezri Konsa (Aston Villa), Harry Maguire (Manchester United), Jarell Quansah (Liverpool), Luke Shaw (Manchester United), John Stones (Manchester City), Kieran Trippier (Newcastle), Kyle Walker (Manchester City)

Midfielders: Trent Alexander-Arnold (Liverpool), Conor Gallagher (Chelsea), Curtis Jones (Liverpool), Kobbie Mainoo (Manchester United), Declan Rice (Arsenal), Adam Wharton (Crystal Palace).

Forwards: Jude Bellingham (Real Madrid), Jarrod Bowen (West Ham), Eberechi Eze (Crystal Palace), Phil Foden (Manchester City), Jack Grealish (Manchester City), Anthony Gordon (Newcastle), Harry Kane (Bayern Munich), James Maddison (Tottenham), Cole Palmer (Chelsea), Bukayo Saka (Arsenal), Ivan Toney (Brentford), Ollie Watkins (Aston Villa).
Not surprised by Henderson. But a bit surprised by Rashford. Always done well when he's played for England.

I haven't followed much of the PL this season. Mainly because we weren't in it. But I've become a bit disappointed with what it's becoming. With that I really don't know much about a few players in that squad.
mentalcase

Post by mentalcase »

England certainly have the players to win the competition this time around, but only if Southgate picks the right formation.
"Critics are men that watch a battle from a high place, then come down and shoot the survivors"
GreennWhite
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by GreennWhite »

No Kalvin Phillips in the squad :duno: :? :roflmao:
Orange Box
Manager
Manager

Post by Orange Box »

Coops makes the Scotland 28. Will he make the final cut? I think so, he’s influential in the dressing room so a good addition imo.
WARNING: During game time, any post I make is not to be taken seriously, neither is it meant as offence. I'm a hot-blooded creature prone to moments of exasperation and expletive.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Barcelona have sacked manager Xavi with former Bayern Munich boss Hansi Flick set to replace him.

Xavi will take charge of Barcelona for the final time on Sunday, when they host Sevilla in their last La Liga match of the season.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Legendary German midfielder Toni Kroos retired today aged 34.

One of the greats surely?

World Cup winner.

3 Bundesliga titles.
4 La Liga titles
5 Champions League winners medals.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom