Player Ratings v Southampton (a)

Predict the scores...if you can!

- LUFC Match Predictions
- Predict Six
- FA Cup Predictions

Plenty to choose from - dip in and have a go - all MOT members welcome. Just for fun.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Player Ratings v Southampton (a)

Post by 1964white »

Meslier
Kristensen
Koch
Llorente
Struijk
Roca
Adams
Harrison
Aaronsson
Rodrigo
Bamford
subs
James
Sinnisterra N/A
Klich N/A
Forshaw N/A
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Player Ratings v Southampton (a)

Post by The Subhuman »

Meslier - 7.5
Kristensen - 6
Struijk - 8.5
Adams - 8
Koch - 6.5
Llorente - 7
Aaronson 9
Roca - 7.5 subbed
Bamford* - 7 - Subbed (injured)
Rodrigo** - 10
Harrison - 7.5 subbed

Subs

James - 7 subbed
Klich - 7.5
Sinisterra - 6
Forshaw - 6.5
Last edited by The Subhuman on Sat Aug 13, 2022 5:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Victor_Notts-17
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Victor_Notts-17 »

faaip wrote: Sat Aug 13, 2022 4:11 pm Meslier - 7.5
Kristensen - 6
Struijk - 8.5
Adams - 8
Koch - 6.5
Llorente - 7
Aaronson 9
Roca - 7.5 subbed
Bamford* - 7 - Subbed (injured)
Rodrigo** - 10
Harrison - 7.5 subbed

Subs

James - 7 subbed
Klich - 7.5
Sinisterra - 6
Forshaw - 6.5
Seriously? We just threw away a 2 goal lead in the last 18 minutes and were clinging on for life at the end! I'll score everyone 1.5 pts less than you :tup:
Leeds1000
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Leeds1000 »

Meslier 6: It was a stroll in the park for 75mins. Could he have done better for the 2nd?
Kristensen 5: I think this kid needs to concentrate on the basics and relax a bit. One really good defensive header that i recall.
Koch 6: A couple of good defensive headers late on but it was so easy for 75mins.
Llorente 7: Defended well in a controlled first half.
Struijk 6: Denied a goal on the line. Another one who was relatively comfortable for 75mins. One moment first half where he just stopped and watched the ball go out of play.
Roca 5: Kept things simple first half but that's Adams job, he needs to stamp his authority more. Tired second half but Marsch slow to see it.
Adams 7: Great first half he keeps it simple reads the game well. Like the rest of the side struggled late on to control the tempo.
Harrison 6: At the heart of most of the good play today Harrison and then he goes and does that at the end. The guy can't tackle for toffee.
Aaronsson 6: Quiet first half moved into the middle more and immediately set about Sth with some good runs and intelligent passing. Knocked off the ball a couple of times.
Rodrigo 6: Other than the goals did nothing of note. Moved up top second half. Well taken first goal showed Bamford how its done. Is he the answer? He may have to be cos Joffy's not fit or in favour.
Bamford 4: Oh dear, oh dearie me here we go again.
subs
James 5: One chance that he hit the target with can't remember much else. I would have been furious being subbed when everyone was playing shite late second half. Still waiting for him to really hit the heights.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Victor_Notts-17 wrote: Sat Aug 13, 2022 4:40 pm Seriously? We just threw away a 2 goal lead in the last 18 minutes and were clinging on for life at the end! I'll score everyone 1.5 pts less than you :tup:
That is Faaip's opinion, Victor
Johnboy1965
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Johnboy1965 »

Meslier - 6
Kristensen - 4
Struijk - 6
Adams - 7
Koch - 6.5
Llorente - 7
Aaronson 7
Roca - 6.5
Bamford 6
Rodrigo 8
Harrison - 6.5

Subs

James - 6
Klich - 6
Sinisterra - 5
Forshaw - N/A
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by andrewjohnsmith »

Meslier 7 - Comfortable with what he did and not much could have been done about the goals.

Kristensen 5 - Still think we've got a good player, but today wasn't his day.

Koch 6 - I had to ask myself if Koch was actually playing today. Didn't see or hear much of him. Didn't do anything wrong.

Llorente 7 - Class act at the back. Distribution was really good - actually has a good left foot - Would have rated him higher if we hadn't conceded 2 goals

Struijk 7 - Looked decent at LB. Some good forward runs, was part of build up for 1st goal and all but scored the 2nd. He's not the answer at LB but he's proving a capable fill in.

Roca 7 - Solid and assured

Adams 7 - Very busy again. Gets around a lot.

Harrison 7 - Nice assist. Always part of our best moves. Still disappoints fairly often too.

Aaronsson 7 - Was fantastic in 1st half but drifted away in the 2nd. Probably should have been subbed for fresh legs

Rodrigo 8 - Meet the new striker we've all been hoping that we'd sign. Really looked the part when he was moved there

Bamford 6 - Makes us better as a team when he's playing. But worrying about the injuries

subs

James 6 - Pretty lively, threatened to break free a couple of times but no final product

Sinnisterra N/A One really good run in the closing minutes showing promise of what's to come

Klich N/A - Almost had a game turning effect again late on. But brought on much too late.

Forshaw N/A - Didn't notice him
joelufc20
First Team
First Team

Post by joelufc20 »

Meslier 6
Kristensen 5 disappointing looks crap to be honest
Koch 6
Llorente 6
Struijk 6
Roca 6
Adams 7
Harrison 3 lost us the game tbh I hate him he’s s**t
Aaronsson 7
Rodrigo 9 scored twice and in reality he won us the game before Jack decided to become s**t Jack
Bamford 6
subs
James 5
Sinnisterra N/A
Klich N/A
Forshaw N/A
REST IN PEACE GARY SPEED LEEDS UNITED LEGEND

[url}http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/gallery ... n-pictures[/url]
1964white

Post by 1964white »

I'll watch the game again this weekend before posting my ratings.

If only we could rate our performance on the first 70 minutes.
Byebyegeegee
First Team
First Team

Post by Byebyegeegee »

First thing to say is that these ratings are based on watching the match on a hit and miss stream.

Meslier 7: good for most of the game, could he have done better with the goals? Possibly but I’m not going to blame him.
Kristensen 5: hmm not sure what to make of this guy. He may come good eventually when he gets used to the tempo of the league but he’s not up to scratch yet.
Koch 6: ok today, didn’t do much wrong.
Llorente 6.5: seemed to be slightly more involved than his partner but his speed (or lack of it) is a worry.
Struijk 6.5: does his best in not his best position.
Roca 6: gives the impression of being a cultured footballer and probably is but didn’t quite show it in this match.
Adams 7.5 motm: loves a biting tackle and not afraid to get stuck in, I’m liking this guy.
Aaronson 7: had a good first 60 minutes but was stifled for the last half an hour and ran out of steam - should have been subbed on 65 minutes.
Rodrigo 7: scored 2 goals.
Bamford 6: his continuing injury breakdowns are becoming a worrying situation.
Harrison 7.5: played well for the most part but again should have been subbed off a lot earlier as it was obvious that he was spent.

James 5: one dynamic effort on goal well saved by their goalie and that’s about it.

Generally the other subs were made far too late with only one blinding pass from Klich to create a good opening for Rodrigo of note. I’m convinced that had they been made earlier we would have gone on to win. After playing a blinder a week ago it was a poor day at the office for Marsch.
John in Louisiana
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by John in Louisiana »

1964white wrote: Sun Aug 14, 2022 8:55 am I'll watch the game again this weekend before posting my ratings.

If only we could rate our performance on the first 70 minutes.
Indeed.

Meslier 6.5 - could have gathered up that second goal
Kristensen 5 - still waiting to see what the fuss was about
Koch 6.5 - would have been 7.5 or 8 after 70 minutes
Llorente 6.5 - see Koch
Struijk 6.5 - See Llorente
Roca 7 - Roca and Adams look to be a great pairing. Ran out of gas, though
Adams 7.5
Harrison 6.5 - Fabulous centering pass for the first goal
Aaronson 7.5 - Beginning to look as though other teams have already decided to beat up on him a bit. Seemed to handle it fine.
Rodrigo 9 - MOTM Still the one pushing forward and looking for a winner after we let them back in the game.
Bamford 6.5 - fine until,,,
subs
James 5 - meh
Sinnisterra N/A In the States we refer to these substitutions as locking the barn door after the horse has gotten out.
Klich N/A
Forshaw N/A
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Watched the whole 90 minutes again this morning.

I have a pluses & minuses in place for each player

Four contenders for MOTM imo!

Harrison & Rodrigo are the obvious choices, however Llorente & Adams hardly put a foot wrong.

Big moments

Rodrigo's goals of course.

Harrison assist for our first goal

Llorente's last ditch tackle to stop a one on one with Meslier.

Aaronson corner straight on Struijk's head, the goal would have been credited to Pascal had Rodders not stole his moment of glory, only natural instinctive for any striker to tap it in though

Llorente started the move for Rodrigo's first goal by winning the header which dropped to Jack for his assist

General play

Adams was superb, I see two of our members made him the MOTM, not at all surprised by those votes.

Llorente is the fly in the ointment as he was immense & cultured at the back.

Pascal deserves credit as he played well at LB, their second goal came when he was moved into the middle leaving Ward-Peters the freedom down the left flank, as he didn't need to mark Jack any more because JH was shifted into a defensive role.

Aaronson wasn't as bad as some folk thought, busy & productive, also got clattered a couple of times when making runs at the Saints defence

Roca was also decent until he tired near the end

Saints first goal

We can't blame Llorente as he was drawn out of the middle to deal with Djenepo who had left Kristensen for dead. Where was Koch I don't know as we left Aribo unmarked & all the time in the world to put the ball in the net. Koch had a quiet game, though strangely enough he was one our players who improved after the Saints equalised winning five defensive headers in the last fifteen minutes.

Klich & Sinisterra showed some nice control & touches in the final minutes

7.0 Meslier
5.0 Kristensen
6.5 Koch
8.5 Llorente
8.0 Struijk
8.5 Adams
7.0 Roca
8.0 Aaronson
8.5 Harrison
8.5 Rodrigo
5.0 Bamford
subs
7.0 James
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Victor_Notts-17 wrote: Sat Aug 13, 2022 4:40 pm Seriously? We just threw away a 2 goal lead in the last 18 minutes and were clinging on for life at the end! I'll score everyone 1.5 pts less than you :tup:
Your opinion Victor, two mistakes by our wing-backs were the reason we conceded the goals, although the pass for Ward-Peters goal was sublime. There were top performances from the majority of our players.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

andrewjohnsmith wrote: Sat Aug 13, 2022 7:48 pm
Llorente 7 - Class act at the back. Distribution was really good - actually has a good left foot - Would have rated him higher if we hadn't conceded 2 goals
Even though Llorente wasn't responsible for either goal, Andrew
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Byebyegeegee wrote: Sun Aug 14, 2022 9:48 am Adams 7.5 motm: loves a biting tackle and not afraid to get stuck in, I’m liking this guy.
Good call, Byebye :tup:
1964white

Post by 1964white »

joelufc20 wrote: Sun Aug 14, 2022 5:47 am Harrison 3 lost us the game tbh I hate him he’s s**t
That's ludicrous, Joe

Jack worked his bollocks off, the lad shouldn't have been on the pitch at that time as he was knackered.

Blame Marsch for his tactics.
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

1964white wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 5:43 pm That's ludicrous, Joe

Jack worked his bollocks off, the lad shouldn't have been on the pitch at that time as he was knackered.

Blame Marsch for his tactics.
Saw a stat that Harrison is only the 2nd premier league player in the last 10 years to create 11 chances on the first 2 games of a season. The other was De Bruyne. People need to start giving Harrison credit for the good things he does
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

andrewjohnsmith wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 7:49 pm Saw a stat that Harrison is only the 2nd premier league player in the last 10 years to create 11 chances on the first 2 games of a season. The other was De Bruyne. People need to start giving Harrison credit for the good things he does
Still don’t get the negativity towards JH. He’s not continuously injured either.
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

1964white wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 5:38 pm Even though Llorente wasn't responsible for either goal, Andrew
It's hard to rate higher when we gave up a 2 goal lead. We seemed to lose our shape and I should be blaming Koch and Llorente as the 2 senior CBs. But maybe I should be blaming Marsch for what was an unfamiliar set up (as proven by the note he passed around). Still, 7 is a good rating. And I think Llorente is proving the doubters wrong on the left side.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

andrewjohnsmith wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 7:53 pm It's hard to rate higher when we gave up a 2 goal lead. We seemed to lose our shape and I should be blaming Koch and Llorente as the 2 senior CBs. But maybe I should be blaming Marsch for what was an unfamiliar set up (as proven by the note he passed around). Still, 7 is a good rating. And I think Llorente is proving the doubters wrong on the left side.
That is one of Llorente's best games I've seen from him in a while.