Why don't you like Chelsea?

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Why don't you like Chelsea?

Post by whiteswan »

Just wondering. It looks like our beloved Raph might be going to Chelscum.....what is your personal hatred of this lot?
lufc1304
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @DrGonzo2411

Re: Why don't you like Chelsea?

Post by lufc1304 »

I'm a little bit ambivalent about Chelsea, to be honest. There's history there, obviously, but I can't get too worked up about them one way or the other. Fwank and Terry were and are total c**ts, as are their support, but they've had some good sides over the last decade or so and I'm a football fan so can appreciate that. I'd rather Rapha wasn't going to another Prem club, but the reality is that we're not rivals in the true sense of the word any more. I rate Tuchel and reckon Rapha will thrive there, though hopefully not in the fixtures against us!!
"When the going gets weird, the weird get professional!" Hunter S Thompson
Clacton White
First Team
First Team

Post by Clacton White »

Because they are Chelscum , simple .
Add into that John Terry, Lampard , Graeme Le Saux,Mourinho , Bates , Dennis Wise,Ron Harris,Ashley Cole and his awful ex wife ( clutching at straws 😂) .......all of their obnoxious fans . Plus the history .......and they hate Leeds so you have to return the hate .
Mountain
First Team
First Team

Post by Mountain »

I think Chelsea represent almost like the antithesis of Leeds, the swinging 60s, Kings Road, a nasty team that got a free pass from the London loving media, while Leeds were slaughtered despite having some of the most technically gifted players of the time.

And then the whole Bates, Abramovich, Wise, Lampard, Terry era.

Between them, I actually didn't mind the Chelsea team of the 80s. I mean, they had Pat Nevin, and everyone likes Pat Nevin, Kerry Dixon was a great striker etc.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Because they haven't suffered like we have.

They got Abramovich and had success we got Bates and had relegation and admin.

They look like they will finally get to experience some pain.

Nope another multi Billionaire takeover and everything carries on whilst we still survive on sales.

Blah
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
whiteinfrance
First Team
First Team

Post by whiteinfrance »

We were robbed at Villa Park!
Allez les Blancs , Les Paons
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Buying success. Didn't really care about them pre Abramovich. Wasn't alive in the 70s, and save for LaBeouf stamping on Kewell, they weren't a side I cared for or paid attention to. But they're the ones who ruined football overnight and their deluded fans think they're a huge club. They're not, they just got lucky.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Osgood
Hutchinson
Webb
Harris
Bates
Abramovich
Terry,
Cole
Le Saux
Mourinho
Wise
Lampard

Says enough in itself, then we had.....

Robbed in a cup semi-final at Villa Park in the 67/68 season when the referee Ken Burns had his blue top on disallowing two Leeds goals in the last five minutes, one a thunderbolt from Hotshot Lorimer.

Lost the 1970 FA Cup Final after we had basically outplayed them for the best part of two games.

First club to buy the Premier League.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

whiteinfrance wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 9:14 am We were robbed at Villa Park!
Only a few of us oldies will remember that one.

BLATANT!
Mountain
First Team
First Team

Post by Mountain »

Not sure I get the Le Saux references, he's actually a very intelligent and funny interviewee, far more than the "we was robbed, boys are sick as parrots" types they haul out as pundits now.
Tyzy
First Team
First Team

Post by Tyzy »

I always liked the "get ya father's gun" chant 😁
John in Louisiana
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by John in Louisiana »

I grew up in a town that had no American football; we all played proper football and the program was excellent.

They arranged for all us kids who played to watch the 1970 FA Cup final - and the replay - via a closed circuit feed in my school auditorium. Fell in love with Bremner and Leeds and learned to hate Chelsea then and there.

Not having grown up in England, I didn’t learn until later that Scum are public enemy number one. And while I do hate Scum with a passion shared by all true football fans, nothing will ever replace the loathing I have for Chelsea. What happened in 1970 was a travesty.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Cjay wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 9:10 am Because they haven't suffered like we have.

They got Abramovich and had success we got Bates and had relegation and admin.

They look like they will finally get to experience some pain.

Nope another multi Billionaire takeover and everything carries on whilst we still survive on sales.

Blah
Location, Location, Location
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Clacton White
First Team
First Team

Post by Clacton White »

SG90 wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 9:21 am Buying success. Didn't really care about them pre Abramovich. Wasn't alive in the 70s, and save for LaBeouf stamping on Kewell, they weren't a side I cared for or paid attention to. But they're the ones who ruined football overnight and their deluded fans think they're a huge club. They're not, they just got lucky.
Yes , I missed out the Abramovic and the bought history thing .
Rook
First Team
First Team

Post by Rook »

They're the football club equivalent of a chav that won the Lottery jackpot.
I smell blood and an era of prominent mad men - W.H. Auden
mentalcase

Post by mentalcase »

Rook wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 1:43 pm They're the football club equivalent of a chav that won the Lottery jackpot.
Love it :tup:
"Critics are men that watch a battle from a high place, then come down and shoot the survivors"
mentalcase

Post by mentalcase »

From going to ER in the 60's, it was hard when we were beaten / robbed against chelsea, so often it seemed in cup games, don't think they were ever robbed against us.
Then, there's their fans, ran riot in london and a few places on t' road but were all mouth behind the police at ER, the pitch invasions at their place, they wouldn't come past the deadball line, that game we "allegedly" smash the scoreboard and threw lumps of terracing at them.
That old Paedophile ken bates, wanted us out of the league after the above incident, nearly got his wish when he took charge at Leeds, what a w**ker of a person, don't think they ever proved his fling with that young boy.
Theyv'e never won anything since the full data cup in t' 80's, it's all been bought, then again, both moanchester clubs are well guilty of that.
Deluded fans, and as Rook rightly says above :)
Anyway, raph might not be joining them afterall :lol:
"Critics are men that watch a battle from a high place, then come down and shoot the survivors"
Jimang
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Jimang »

This has definately been a fierce rivalry dating back to the late sixties and the 1970 cup final. My best friend at that time was a Chelsea fan and we decided to do a survey to see who was the best team. A couple of 8 year old went round knocking on everyone's door in our Village, asking do you like Leeds or Chelsea best? I genuinely can't remember who came out on top, but it was a very serious business lol. I watched an interview with big Jack a few years ago and he said there was no malice between the teams, it was no holds barred on the pitch, but they all went out drinking as mates afterwards. Although there is obviously a rivalry there it is not to the same degree as Manure.
So like everyone I am sad to see Raph go, but if Chelsea stump up the best offer, then I say take it.
60sUnited
First Team
First Team

Post by 60sUnited »

1964white wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 9:26 am Only a few of us oldies will remember that one.

BLATANT!
I remember it 64 and I was at Wembley in 1970 to witness the Eddie Gray show, only to be sickened a few days later :verysad:
mentalcase

Post by mentalcase »

60sUnited wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 8:12 pm I remember it 64 and I was at Wembley in 1970 to witness the Eddie Gray show, only to be sickened a few days later :verysad:
Horse of the year show on wembley pitch day before wtf, seriously wtf !!
Eddie took them apart, pitch ruined a United victory, they admitted they had tried their best to wipe Eddie out at every opportunity.