Marcelo Bielsa

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Bielsa In or Out

Post by Cjay »

Quite strange how many seem to have managed to miss that the poll questions take any confusion out of it . . . . .

Strange
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

weasel wrote: Fri Feb 18, 2022 1:13 pm We don't want Bielsa to go but we want him to go in the summer cos somebody said he wants to go in the summer and he is getting ona bit.
We don't want him to play players in a different position until it works.
We don't want him to sign Conor Gallacher until we see Gallacher is a better player than somebody told us he was.
We want him to sign more players but also play all the talented youths until they have a bad game then we can write them off.
We don't want him continuing to play Bamford until he becomes a decent premiership striker and plays for England.
We don't want him to contine this ridiculous attacking football till we beat West Ham.
We don't want him to keep player championship players unless they are KP, Messlier, Bamford, Struyjk or Harrison (when he has a good game not any other time).

Please don't add any more to the list unless you want to but you don't have to.
:tup: :clap: :clap: :clap:
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Cjay wrote: Fri Feb 18, 2022 1:15 pm Quite strange how many seem to have managed to miss that the poll questions take any confusion out of it . . . . .

Strange

Have you not yet realised that most people seek not to argue with what is put before them, because Black Lives Matter, but go off at tangents, probably covid related, and try to muddy the waters?

Can anyone lends me a tin opener as I have a can of worms I am struggling to open!
Chilli D
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Re: MB Pre Manure

Post by Chilli D »

Doesn't look like we'll see Bamford again this season.
The flowers of common sense do not grow in everyone's garden
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

1964white wrote: Fri Feb 18, 2022 12:37 pm What do we do with our players, they are like broken biscuits!
It ain't normal that's for sure 64
Scoobychief
Manager
Manager

Post by Scoobychief »

1964white wrote: Fri Feb 18, 2022 12:37 pm What do we do with our players, they are like broken biscuits!
Classic that Mr White. can always dunk them in our tea
William
First Team
First Team

Post by William »

How many times have we saw that now, a young player gets a chance to start and ends up on the treatment table?

Nketiaih two seasons back

Greenwood
Shackleton often
Joffy
Cresswell
Hjelde

Probabaly a few more.

This is the worst of worst seasons.

The only thing left to go wrong is for Meslier to be unavailable
Marsch OUT

Football has undergone a process of bielsification; pressing and possessing, passing rather than dribbling, intercepting high up the field rather than making last-ditch tackles, are in vogue.

Marcelo Bielsa. The light that will never go out.
beer belly bert
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by beer belly bert »

Tyler Roberts has come under a lot of criticism and so has your use of him last week - what would you say to those who are criticising Tyler and the use of him? Is there something people are missing that you are seeing?

I see the same things that the fans do. I think what they ask of him is always justified, what they're claiming. They are based on evaluating a player that plays, and giving him a qualification. If the qualification is not positive, to demand another option, that happened with Bamford, that happened with James, with Rodrigo in his moment and now with Tyler, so I have to admit or accept the claims. Of course I'm always subject to the external evaluation and also have auto-criticism, but evidently it's not sufficient and it's necessary that I take on more responsibility than I did before. I don't imagine how to do it.

if he sees what we see he should do the decent thing and drop him , a spell in the u23s may do him a world of good either that or sell / loan him out , as bad as our sick list is we play better with out him , he is no super sub or game changer type of player
I could stop drinking but im not a quitter
Byebyegeegee
First Team
First Team

Post by Byebyegeegee »

Cjay wrote: Fri Feb 18, 2022 12:35 pm Is he admitting the fans are right about Tyler Roberts? Not quite sure what he means with that.

Or is he using Bamford, James and Rodrigo and the criticism they have had to justify Roberts?

That would make no sense either given Bamford was a far more proven player than Roberts was even back then and James and Rodrigo are still miles off showing the sort of form they should
For those of you who think that this is turning into just another bash Roberts thread (actually you may be right) but in mitigation, I am responding to Cjay who is just trying to make sense of Marcelo Bielsa’s answer to one of the questions posed to him in the pre-scum press conference. If you don’t think that is relevant then please do not read any further.

I think he’s saying that he accepts that the fans have the right to criticise Roberts but as you say he’s attempting to justify his continued use of him (even though other options are available) by citing Bamford, James and Rodrigo.

He persisted with Bamford during the periods when he had goal droughts and, admittedly, he was justified in that as Bamford, eventually, found his goal scoring form, especially last season. But as you say Bamford had already proved his ability prior to those occasional goal droughts and was obviously worth persisting with.

As for James and Rodrigo, again as you say, neither have shown sufficient form yet at Leeds (although they both have good games occasionally) to be cited as justification for perseverance with players who are criticised by fans and in any case both have shown enough quality in previous lives to show that they may be worth persisting with.

Roberts, I’m afraid, has shown very little over the course of 3 (or is it 4) years playing in the 1st team (admittedly mostly as a substitute) to justify Bielsa’s seemingly blind faith in him and not only is that not good for Marcelo Bielsa, it’s no good for Leeds United and, to my mind, it’s not doing Tyler Roberts any favours either.
velo
Manager
Manager

Post by velo »

beer belly bert wrote: Fri Feb 18, 2022 3:34 pm

I see the same things that the fans do. I think what they ask of him is always justified, what they're claiming. They are based on evaluating a player that plays, and giving him a qualification. If the qualification is not positive, to demand another option, that happened with Bamford, that happened with James, with Rodrigo in his moment and now with Tyler, so I have to admit or accept the claims.
In other words Tyler is s**t, but he's all we have :dun:
Stop worryin' about what people say, when it ain't gonna stop them anyway.

Hater of Liars, Cheats and Trolls

Freedom of speech is not allowed if it upsets the mods
BobHirst
Manager
Manager

Post by BobHirst »

weasel wrote: Fri Feb 18, 2022 2:09 pm Have you not yet realised that most people seek not to argue with what is put before them, because Black Lives Matter, but go off at tangents, probably covid related, and try to muddy the waters?

Can anyone lends me a tin opener as I have a can of worms I am struggling to open!
Along with Cjay I voted In on this poll.
But that doesn't mean I agree entirely with Bielsa's approach.
If you don't value other posters opinions on here do you at least acknowledge that Phil Hay probably has a better than most understanding of the situation?
I've stolen this quote from Phil from another thread on here today.

”Better tools is what I’d like to see - but also a willingness from Bielsa to accept better tools and maybe allow for a little more depth to mitigate the injuries. The injuries are so bad and relentless that I don’t think it’s enough to say ‘they’ll clear up eventually’. (The absence of Phillips and Bamford have been massive), but I think to pin the entire season to those two absences would be wrong. There’s been more to it than that. Form has been an issue from the start.”
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

BobHirst wrote: Fri Feb 18, 2022 5:01 pm Along with Cjay I voted In on this poll.
But that doesn't mean I agree entirely with Bielsa's approach.
If you don't value other posters opinions on here do you at least acknowledge that Phil Hay probably has a better than most understanding of the situation?
I've stolen this quote from Phil from another thread on here today.

”Better tools is what I’d like to see - but also a willingness from Bielsa to accept better tools and maybe allow for a little more depth to mitigate the injuries. The injuries are so bad and relentless that I don’t think it’s enough to say ‘they’ll clear up eventually’. (The absence of Phillips and Bamford have been massive), but I think to pin the entire season to those two absences would be wrong. There’s been more to it than that. Form has been an issue from the start.”
I do value other's opinions - otherwise there would be no point being on a forum. It just frustrates me when people use hindsight to judge or go down the path of because Bielsa made this decision and it didn't work it was automatically a bad decision (like the not going defensive against City would have likely have still got us thrahsed despite what a lot of people seemed to think).

Phil Hay is definitely one of the journalists who's stuff I would read. Mainly because of how long he has been reporting on Leeds and the fact he seems to have inside connections. It means when he is reporting news it is likely to have a far higher degree of accuracy than the various clickbait sites. However when he comes to giving his opinion then it is still only an opinion, same as yours, same as mine.

I'd like Bielsa to do some things differently, but me wanting him to play Gelhardt before Roberts doesn't mean I am right and he is wrong and he should be sacked. Just the same as him playing an attacking football may see us lose some games but also win a lot (albeit less than would be nice this season).

I agree with Hay in that the entire season isn't down to just having Bamford and Phillips out. I think it is more down to the continuing revolving door of injuries leading to us rarely having a settled side which largely explains the form - ironically after keeping th same side for 2 matches running we produced our worst performace of the season v Everton.
Mick Jones shoulder
Manager
Manager

Post by Mick Jones shoulder »

Worse than Southampton!
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Scoobychief wrote: Fri Feb 18, 2022 2:55 pm Classic that Mr White. can always dunk them in our tea
I love dunkers, Scooby :-D

After the week I've had, I have given up worrying about anything relating to LUFC

Whatever will be, will be!
Mick Jones shoulder
Manager
Manager

Post by Mick Jones shoulder »

1964white wrote: Fri Feb 18, 2022 6:05 pm I love dunkers, Scooby :-D

After the week I've had, I have given up worrying about anything relating to LUFC

Whatever will be, will be!
Hope you and the Mrs are OK Leon. Bad results are soon forgotten chap. :tup:
1964white

Post by 1964white »

whiteswan wrote: Fri Feb 18, 2022 2:35 pm It ain't normal that's for sure 64
No it isn't Swannie, but there is nothing we can do about, given up worrying about all the doom & gloom.

Can't even be arsed voting in the Bielsa polls.
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

weasel wrote: Fri Feb 18, 2022 6:00 pm I do value other's opinions - otherwise there would be no point being on a forum. It just frustrates me when people use hindsight to judge or go down the path of because Bielsa made this decision and it didn't work it was automatically a bad decision (like the not going defensive against City would have likely have still got us thrahsed despite what a lot of people seemed to think).

Phil Hay is definitely one of the journalists who's stuff I would read. Mainly because of how long he has been reporting on Leeds and the fact he seems to have inside connections. It means when he is reporting news it is likely to have a far higher degree of accuracy than the various clickbait sites. However when he comes to giving his opinion then it is still only an opinion, same as yours, same as mine.

I'd like Bielsa to do some things differently, but me wanting him to play Gelhardt before Roberts doesn't mean I am right and he is wrong and he should be sacked. Just the same as him playing an attacking football may see us lose some games but also win a lot (albeit less than would be nice this season).

I agree with Hay in that the entire season isn't down to just having Bamford and Phillips out. I think it is more down to the continuing revolving door of injuries leading to us rarely having a settled side which largely explains the form - ironically after keeping th same side for 2 matches running we produced our worst performace of the season v Everton.
:love: Especially the bold bit.

Bert got the Everton game totally wrong from start to finish, i'm glad i didn't have my bet coz i thought the score would be 1-3 or 2-3.

Let's hold our hands up, Fat Frank did us, and i hope it's the biggest lesson Bert has had so far in the Prem.
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek:

;@)
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Mick Jones shoulder wrote: Fri Feb 18, 2022 6:14 pm Hope you and the Mrs are OK Leon. Bad results are soon forgotten chap. :tup:
Jill is much better, she needs to take it easy for a few weeks. It's been a hectic week all round, I'm knackered, mate.
Rook
First Team
First Team

Post by Rook »

I just voted. Bielsa in.
I smell blood and an era of prominent mad men - W.H. Auden
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Mick Jones shoulder wrote: Fri Feb 18, 2022 6:04 pm Worse than Southampton!
Another one of quite a few, MJ