LUFC - Podcast of the Week.

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Re: LUFC bloggers - Sometimes I wonder why I bother on here!

Post by 1964white »

Muppet the Cat wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 8:31 am TSB Propaganda and Match Ball (and the TSB Phil Hay one fairly frequently) podcasts are the only ones I listen to.

The 3 guys on TSB are a good fit together and bounce off each other well. You’d struggle to find anyone as ‘dry’ as Moscow !

When I listened to the transfer special last week, even though you say one for the ‘positive posters’ they only end up rating our window as 2/10, having gone up from an initial 0/10 - albeit do qualify that with some solid arguments.

As for the other bloggers mentioned earlier in this thread I’ve tried them and didn’t even last an episode…….people who just like the sound of their own voices and not for me I’m afraid.
Thank you Cat, at last a reasonable response from someone who has actually listened to these chaps.

Their actual reasons for not signing anyone was very interesting indeed, even though they & more or less the whole Leeds fanbase were hoping we'd sign a top midfielder.

Unsure why they bothered rating the window as it was a difficult one to assess/rate.
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Re: LUFC bloggers

Post by weasel »

1964white wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 8:08 am The three Square Ball team are intelligent, amusing & witty, they are also well respected amongst Leeds fans thanks to The Square Ball magazine. All three are season-ticket holders, so they are on the ball. Moscow White has a lot of contacts within ER.

These LUFC fans don't need to join up on football forums to be recognised or to voice their opinions.

I asked you & others to listen to their latest blog, after all the arguments on here with regards to the transfer market

With all due respect, to ignore & make such comments on certain bloggers smacks of sheer arrogance, ignorance & full of one's self-importance.

Sometimes I wonder why I bother on here
My comments were actually praising the posters on here as I value all our opinions the same as I would value those bloggers. It's like the lad Oscar who used to post on here and is a blogger too. His opinion is no more valid than yours or mine just cos he sticks his face in front of a webcam.

The only people who's opinions I would give more creedance to than posters on here or bloggers would be someone like Phil Hay as he has better contacts within the club so he is more likely to be in the know than any of us. That though doesn't mean I would agree with everything he says when he is giving his opinion but I would certainly take notice of it.

These bloggers are in some ways like the pundits on Match Of The Day. Some are good, some will be rubbish however unless I am watching on catch up then their opinions come at me. I don't seek out their opinions same as I wouldn't want to trawl through all the bloggers to find ones worth listening to. These bloggers may be very good, they may be sh*te but I am happy with the opinions of people on here. Me choosing not to view the blogs is simply the same as me not signing up to Waccoe or other LU forums.

If you wonder why you bother on here maybe you should take up blogging instead? :)
YorkshireSquare
Administrator
Administrator
Twitter: @motforum

Post by YorkshireSquare »

1964white wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 8:08 am These LUFC fans don't need to join up on football forums to be recognised or to voice their opinions.

All three came from a forum in the first place, the project to relaunch SquareBall bame from the Leeds Chat forums. I've known all three of them for years.

The only podcasts I listen to are SquareBall and the Phil Hay Show. I've tried a few others; LS11, Orta Know Better, The Roaring Peacock, Talking Shutt, Leeds That etc but never found one as good as the SquareBall lads and don't have enough time in the day. Doing a Leeds was good before it got turned into the Offcial Leeds United Podcast.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Re: LUFC bloggers - Sometimes I despair on here!

Post by Cjay »

I listen to the Phil Hay podcast.

That is enough for me.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
DDB220
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by DDB220 »

I don’t listen to Bloggers. They are more often than not controversial to gain subscribers rather than been balanced. I just listened to 10 mins of Kagey ( just before the window closed monologue)
Ironically has a doom laden perspective that is reminiscent of posters on here. As soon as he said we should be in for Swift I stopped listening.

But horses for courses if some folk like all that it is personal choice.

But not for me
1964white

Post by 1964white »

weasel wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 9:52 am My comments were actually praising the posters on here as I value all our opinions the same as I would value those bloggers. It's like the lad Oscar who used to post on here and is a blogger too. His opinion is no more valid than yours or mine just cos he sticks his face in front of a webcam.

The only people who's opinions I would give more creedance to than posters on here or bloggers would be someone like Phil Hay as he has better contacts within the club so he is more likely to be in the know than any of us. That though doesn't mean I would agree with everything he says when he is giving his opinion but I would certainly take notice of it.

These bloggers are in some ways like the pundits on Match Of The Day. Some are good, some will be rubbish however unless I am watching on catch up then their opinions come at me. I don't seek out their opinions same as I wouldn't want to trawl through all the bloggers to find ones worth listening to. These bloggers may be very good, they may be sh*te but I am happy with the opinions of people on here. Me choosing not to view the blogs is simply the same as me not signing up to Waccoe or other LU forums.

If you wonder why you bother on here maybe you should take up blogging instead? :)
Fair comment :tup: good to hear it

Talking Oscar....he joined MOT & was like a rash on here initially, let us down somewhat running a competition & not following his initial commitment through as he joined the dark side', once again he was like a rash on there before moving onto twitter. Only noticed last week he is now a match day host/interviewer at Elland Road.
Makes you wonder if he used the forums as a vehicle to his future career.

Screenshot 2022-02-07 13.51.31.png
Screenshot 2022-02-07 13.51.31.png (106.52 KiB) Viewed 879 times
1964white

Post by 1964white »

YorkshireSquare wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 11:36 am All three came from a forum in the first place, the project to relaunch SquareBall bame from the Leeds Chat forums. I've known all three of them for years.

The only podcasts I listen to are SquareBall and the Phil Hay Show. I've tried a few others; LS11, Orta Know Better, The Roaring Peacock, Talking Shutt, Leeds That etc but never found one as good as the SquareBall lads and don't have enough time in the day. Doing a Leeds was good before it got turned into the Offcial Leeds United Podcast.
Glad you enjoy The Square Ball, Adam, decent bunch of blokes whose views are constructive.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

DDB220 wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 1:47 pm I don’t listen to Bloggers. They are more often than not controversial to gain subscribers rather than been balanced. I just listened to 10 mins of Kagey ( just before the window closed monologue)
Ironically has a doom laden perspective that is reminiscent of posters on here. As soon as he said we should be in for Swift I stopped listening.

But horses for courses if some folk like all that it is personal choice.

But not for me
Check out this podcast DDB, amusing & well-balanced views from The Square Ball

Finnatic
Manager
Manager

Post by Finnatic »

1964white wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 2:06 pm Check out this podcast DDB, amusing & well-balanced views from The Square Ball

I do listen to TSB and subscribe to the magazine.
I did agree with you earlier in this thread (faaip mentioned “
5 or 6 others”) why were you thinking why do you bother sometimes?
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Finnatic wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 2:35 pm I do listen to TSB and subscribe to the magazine.
I did agree with you earlier in this thread (faaip mentioned “
5 or 6 others”) why were you thinking why do you bother sometimes?
Just an observation, Finn. People make a judgement on the podcast without listening to it.

It's like saying an album is crap even though you've never heard it.

Good to hear you listen to The Square Ball, happy now I'm not totally wasting my time posting these clips up :-D
Leeds1000
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Leeds1000 »

I listen to the square ball occasionally. They do go off on tangents a little bit too often, and if we lose it can be a little like one of Howard Wilkinson's team talks (i have never heard one myself) but yeah its ok with 3 differing points of view.
Finnatic
Manager
Manager

Post by Finnatic »

1964white wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 2:47 pm Just an observation, Finn. People make a judgement on the podcast without listening to it.

It's like saying an album is crap even though you've never heard it.

Good to hear you listen to The Square Ball, happy now I'm not totally wasting my time posting these clips up :-D
Moscow and the others are a great read even if you don’t subscribe, their twitter page (I don’t really use twitter) has interesting pieces every few days, well written, a bit like a quality Sunday supplement.
Lumiukko
First Team
First Team

Post by Lumiukko »

TSB is the only Leeds United podcast or blog I listen to and seek out. Many of the others just seem to be regurgitated news, hyperbole, or just a bit nauseating. With TSB, I find they often have thought-provoking and valid discussion points, and always at a minimum manage to lighten the mood especially after a loss. Their propaganda episode is worth it for the comedy value alone (the second half of the WHU 2 - 3 LUFC propaganda episode was gold).
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Finnatic wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 5:07 pm Moscow and the others are a great read even if you don’t subscribe, their twitter page (I don’t really use twitter) has interesting pieces every few days, well written, a bit like a quality Sunday supplement.
Thanks Finn, I only follow a few on Twitter, I'll add them to my follow list :tup:

Not a regular tweeter generally.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Lumiukko wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 5:40 pm TSB is the only Leeds United podcast or blog I listen to and seek out. Many of the others just seem to be regurgitated news, hyperbole, or just a bit nauseating. With TSB, I find they often have thought-provoking and valid discussion points, and always at a minimum manage to lighten the mood especially after a loss. Their propaganda episode is worth it for the comedy value alone (the second half of the WHU 2 - 3 LUFC propaganda episode was gold).
The very reason I was attempting to attract Weasel, Faaip & others to their podcast.

Glad you enjoy TSB as much as I do, Lumi :-D

I'm not in the habit of recommending rubbish :lol:
hector

Post by hector »

1964white wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 5:56 pm The very reason I was attempting to attract Weasel, Faaip & others to their podcast.

With some of the albums you recommend.............. I beg to differ :) :)
1964white

Post by 1964white »

hector wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 6:22 pm With some of the albums you recommend.............. I beg to differ :) :)
As soon as I posted that comment, I thought Hector will be along soon :lol:
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

1964white wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 5:56 pm The very reason I was attempting to attract Weasel, Faaip & others to their podcast.

I must admit I had been going to listen to one of the podcasts you'd recommended. However hadn't got round to it and then I think this whole board went into one of its period of doom, gloom and despair and the thought of reading this and then having more from the bloggers didn't appeal. Sort of how for the last couple of months or so when we have lost I simply haven't bothered to come on the forum for a couple of days or more as it is just non-stop despair.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

weasel wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 2:06 pm I must admit I had been going to listen to one of the podcasts you'd recommended. However hadn't got round to it and then I think this whole board went into one of its period of doom, gloom and despair and the thought of reading this and then having more from the bloggers didn't appeal. Sort of how for the last couple of months or so when we have lost I simply haven't bothered to come on the forum for a couple of days or more as it is just non-stop despair.
I wondered why you went missing for a while :duno:
1964white

Post by 1964white »

The voice of reason from Brownie, who often hits the nail on the head with his well-thought-out views.

David Brown was on the Leeds books for ten years from being a 8yo

Brownie went on to score over 120 goals in his lower league career.