Raphinha

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Raphinha- Deco speaks 14/10/21

Post by White Riot »

1964white wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 6:47 am Raphinha is the first Leeds United player to score for Brazil in history.
Maybe Cooper can score an own goal for Scotland and be the second 8-)

"We're on the march with Ally's Army" :lol:
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Mountain wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 7:19 am Ach if he goes he goes. Even Liverpool sold Coutinho and Suarez, Chelsea sold Hazard, Leicester sold a host of players, Raheem Sterling may leave Man City. That's football, Leeds are hardly bigger than those clubs.
Unsure where that scenario would leave Leeds should Raphinha & god forbid Phillips too.......richer I suppose, we would still require top quality replacements, easier said than done!

Citeh, Liverpool & Chelsea all had quality squads & plenty of dosh at their disposal, we're just starting to build back in the prem.
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

1964white wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 7:38 am Unsure where that scenario would leave Leeds should Raphinha & god forbid Phillips too.......richer I suppose, we would still require top quality replacements, easier said than done!
Yep, we've still gotta square Leipzig up for the pie-eater btw
1964white

Post by 1964white »

White Riot wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 7:37 am Maybe Cooper can score an own goal for Scotland and be the second 8-)

"We're on the march with Ally's Army" :lol:
:rol: :rol: :rol:
1964white

Post by 1964white »

White Riot wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 6:51 am I watched the last 30 minutes of it live, plus these highlights. Gotta say Brazil are levels above Uruguay and just mauled them.

The focal point of Brazil's attack is always Neymar and they're all technically great, but the best of them are Raphinha and Neymar have amazing vision. Antony also looks a heck of a talent.

Brazil are absolute dynamite in the final third.

Next summer Raphinha's gonna be shining on the biggest stage at the World Cup and I expect that'll be his swansong as a Leeds player. No way will the big teams leave him with us, plus his agent's already talking up a move.

With the dire financial situation on the continent we may have to stomach him moving to one of our top four clubs, and I think he's most likely to go to Chelsea, or Citeh, or maybe even Newcastle if they start throwing the Dosh around.

Yes, we can still enjoy his skills, but that for me is already tinged with sadness as his time in a Leeds shirt is gonna be very limited :cry:
I'm hoping Raphinha goes abroad when his time is up at Leeds.

The thought of him playing for the scousers, mancunians or Chelsea would be sickening!
dester23
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by dester23 »

I think it is easier to replace Raphinha than KP.

There are lots of good wingers in the market (noa lang for example) but not so many players that achieve what Kalvin does.
VinnysTattoo
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by VinnysTattoo »

Raph leaving a mid table club in the Summer is why there are mid table clubs.

Barcelona and Real Madrid are less of a drawer now a days but the top four in this league, plus maybe the Geordies, have far too much financial clout for mid table teams to compete trophy and financially wise.

Any nugget unearthed lower down the leagues will be snapped up the hovering top teams, especially when a manager like Bielsa has polished them up.

This is our world now. I think the youngsters have to be our future. They are less liable to be poached as Premiership teams are stuffed full of them. All depends whether or not the manager wants them or indeed if they are good enough.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

dester23 wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 7:48 am I think it is easier to replace Raphinha than KP.

There are lots of good wingers in the market (noa lang for example) but not so many players that achieve what Kalvin does.
Indeed, :tup: lets hope Radz still doesn't consider Forshaw as Kalvin's replacement should KP leaves Leeds :roll:
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

VinnysTattoo wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 7:50 am Raph leaving a mid table club in the Summer is why there are mid table clubs.

Barcelona and Real Madrid are less of a drawer now a days but the top four in this league, plus maybe the Geordies, have far too much financial clout for mid table teams to compete trophy and financially wise.

Any nugget unearthed lower down the leagues will be snapped up the hovering top teams, especially when a manager like Bielsa has polished them up.

This is our world now. I think the youngsters have to be our future. They are less liable to be poached as Premiership teams are stuffed full of them. All depends whether or not the manager wants them or indeed if they are good enough.
Well said mate :clap:
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

1964white wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 7:54 am Indeed, :tup: lets hope Radz still doesn't consider Forshaw as Kalvin's replacement should KP leaves Leeds :roll:
He's maybe still got Forshaw 2.0 = Lewis O'Brien lined up to replace KP = Kaching ££
1964white

Post by 1964white »

White Riot wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 8:40 am He's maybe still got Forshaw 2.0 = Lewis O'Brien lined up to replace KP = Kaching ££
Really would depend on who is our coach when these outgoings occur?

Bielsa's next move will be retirement, spending quality time with his family.
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

1964white wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 9:20 am Really would depend on who is our coach when these outgoings occur?

Bielsa's next move will be retirement, spending quality time with his family.
We could always ask Fwank to manage us :lol:

Denis Wise Mark 2
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Irish Ian wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 10:22 am We could always ask Fwank to manage us :lol:

Denis Wise Mark 2
Don't even go there Ian :(

I dread to think who might replace Marcelo.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Raphinha

Post by Cjay »

White Riot wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 7:31 am You can imagine the £ signs whirling behind Deco's eyes as he's spouting this stuff.

He should've stuck to acting on Fantasy Island "Da plane boss, da plane".

Little twat :x
Disrespectful imo as was Fabinho's comments.

Liverpool could never afford him anyway.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

Cjay wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 11:57 am Disrespectful imo as was Fabinho's comments.

Liverpool could never afford him anyway.
Yeah, that'll be the start of trying to unsettle him. Fabinho won't want KP as that would mean he'll be demoted to the bench every week :lol:

LFC fans are always complaining they make stupid low bids for players. They can't compete with Chelsea, Citeh, Newcastle and Scum for signings like Raphinha.

I'll be really sad if/when Rapha moves on
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

1964white wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 11:24 am Don't even go there Ian :(

I dread to think who might replace Marcelo.
I'm guessing Heck, Hock and the gang will all still be available.

Would be awesome if we got someone of the calibre of Tuchel.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

White Riot wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 12:05 pm Yeah, that'll be the start of trying to unsettle him. Fabinho won't want KP as that would mean he'll be demoted to the bench every week :lol:

LFC fans are always complaining they make stupid low bids for players. They can't compete with Chelsea, Citeh, Newcastle and Scum for signings like Raphinha.

I'll be really sad if/when Rapha moves on
Exactly, Liverpool are the paupers of the ESL :lol:

Raph is already a £70mil player, if he continues his form till the summer he will be a £100mil one.

Liverpool dont have that sort of cash.

I will to, will be a sad day .
Signed

King Cjay

Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

White Riot wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 12:08 pm I'm guessing Heck, Hock and the gang will all still be available.

Would be awesome if we got someone of the calibre of Tuchel.
Ive got a really.horrible feeling about that.

Horrible feeling they will go for someone like Eddie Howe or Lee Bowyer.
Signed

King Cjay

White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

Cjay wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 12:13 pm Ive got a really.horrible feeling about that.

Horrible feeling they will go for someone like Eddie Howe or Lee Bowyer.
God I hope not.
mentalcase

Re: Raphinha - Deco speaks 14/10/21

Post by mentalcase »

When we finish top 9 again and have improved the squad come January, Rapha won't be wanting to go anywhere, exciting times ahead at ER.
"Critics are men that watch a battle from a high place, then come down and shoot the survivors"