Raphinha

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
danhirons
Manager
Manager

Re: Raphinha

Post by danhirons »

White Riot wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 1:18 pm Cos FIFA hate Leeds and wanna ensure that Raphinha is as jet lagged and knackered as possible when he comes back.

Simples :lol:
and liverpool, city, united, chelsea....

in fact liverpool's game is even earlier than ours on the saturday
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

danhirons wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 2:03 pm and liverpool, city, united, chelsea....

in fact liverpool's game is even earlier than ours on the saturday
Yeah, but you're forgetting that Klopp's refereeing ;-)
BGwhite
Superstar
Superstar

Post by BGwhite »

1964white wrote: Lesley Ash

"In Footballers' Wives everyone appears to be having an illicit affair with everyone else, nipping off for a few hours of passion with the new Italian signing. In my day, a few - one or two - of the wives might have had affairs, but mostly they were totally devoted to their husbands. When Lee was at Leeds a horrible rumour came out that I was having an affair with Eric Cantona after he left. They put it about that I was the reason Cantona left Leeds. Of course, I didn't have an affair with him. The same thing happened to two other players' wives, but because I was on TV it stuck with me"
Nice lips Image

Sent from my moto g(9) plus using Tapatalk

White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

BGwhite wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 2:29 pm Nice lips Image

Sent from my moto g(9) plus using Tapatalk
Trout pout :?
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Fabinho has been talking about Raph and how he hoped he would join Liverpool last summer.

Anyone else find this sort of public tapping up disrespectful?

Raph doesnt want to join Liverpool, live in a place surrounded by people in tracksuits and have his car nicked on a weekly basis.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Deco said: “Raphinha is happy at Leeds and for sure the time will come to take the biggest leap in his career, to take a step forward. He has three more years of contract, but it is not the contract that defines the length of stay or prevents transfer. Leeds is aware, they will want to make an important sale, and Raphinha will end up growing in his career.”

He added: “Raphinha has a market, and Leeds has high expectations, it was never a project in a hurry.

“He has ambitions to play at a higher level despite Leeds being in the Premier League. But this is not the time (to talk about it) and his focus, things will happen naturally.”
Signed

King Cjay

Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

The problem with standing still and this consolidation nonsense is players like Raph won't wait

Dont blame him one bit but the club had a golden opportunity last summer to build on a great season rather than faff about.

They choose to faff and talk about consolidation which is not what players like Raph want to hear

He is gone summer 2022, after hearing what Deco said absolutely no doubt
Signed

King Cjay

Leeds1000
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Leeds1000 »

Cjay wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 3:06 pm Deco said: “Raphinha is happy at Leeds and for sure the time will come to take the biggest leap in his career, to take a step forward. He has three more years of contract, but it is not the contract that defines the length of stay or prevents transfer. Leeds is aware, they will want to make an important sale, and Raphinha will end up growing in his career.”

He added: “Raphinha has a market, and Leeds has high expectations, it was never a project in a hurry.

“He has ambitions to play at a higher level despite Leeds being in the Premier League. But this is not the time (to talk about it) and his focus, things will happen naturally.”
He's obviously been reading this forum. TBF even with another 2/3 players of fair quality we may have only made top 10 again. Top players want CL football as a minimum... unless we can pay wages above the market trend (like Newcastle will have to) we get the midlevel player if we are lucky. Raph is turning out to a great spot and he seemed the usual panic buy at the end of the window because of other failures in the market?
Lumiukko
First Team
First Team

Post by Lumiukko »

Cjay wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 3:08 pm The problem with standing still and this consolidation nonsense is players like Raph won't wait

Dont blame him one bit but the club had a golden opportunity last summer to build on a great season rather than faff about.

They choose to faff and talk about consolidation which is not what players like Raph want to hear

Yes, I agree Raph won't be around next season (he will stay to see out the season, I'm sure of that), and you can't really blame him. It will be a good sum, and an amicable departure. He doesn't seem the type of player to turn us fans against him. I Just hope like Phillips he goes nowhere near Scum. I wouldn't really want to see him at Liverpool either, who for some reason have edged ahead of Chelsea in my hatred.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Cjay wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 11:44 am Fabinho has been talking about Raph and how he hoped he would join Liverpool last summer.

Anyone else find this sort of public tapping up disrespectful?

Raph doesnt want to join Liverpool, live in a place surrounded by people in tracksuits and have his car nicked on a weekly basis.
Makes you wonder if Newcastle can attract the top talent they'd need to break into the top 4, not from a tracksuit perspective but an out of the way perspective
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
WhiteRose
First Team
First Team

Post by WhiteRose »

Cjay wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 3:08 pm The problem with standing still and this consolidation nonsense is players like Raph won't wait

Whilst I agree with you on the consolidation nonsense No matter how much we spend or what players we get clubs like Real Madrid, Barca, Liverpool and scum etc will always be seen as a step above Leeds, that’s what 16 years in the wilderness does for you.

I thought Deco said something about there been offers last summer but Leeds wanted to keep him another season - so probably off next summer, if he carries on with this tangent with 2 years left on contract next summer then I wouldn’t hesitate to expect 70-80 million + add ons I always think of Pepe at Arsenal as a barometer even though raph is twice the player! Whether Leeds can negotiate that kind of deal remains to be seen. If we did that it would boost a major squad overhaul we sorely need.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

WhiteRose wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 6:07 pm Whilst I agree with you on the consolidation nonsense No matter how much we spend or what players we get clubs like Real Madrid, Barca, Liverpool and scum etc will always be seen as a step above Leeds, that’s what 16 years in the wilderness does for you.

I thought Deco said something about there been offers last summer but Leeds wanted to keep him another season - so probably off next summer, if he carries on with this tangent with 2 years left on contract next summer then I wouldn’t hesitate to expect 70-80 million + add ons I always think of Pepe at Arsenal as a barometer even though raph is twice the player! Whether Leeds can negotiate that kind of deal remains to be seen. If we did that it would boost a major squad overhaul we sorely need.
Maybe so mate but i dont see why the club needs to talk so much in public, real love of the spotlight Radz and Orta have. You should never say in public you want to consolidate imo, that is a red flag to any ambitious footballer.

Villa for example said publicly they are aiming for Europe this season, will they get there? Almost certainly not, and it clearly didnt help keep Grealish but it sends out a message. It sends a message to current players, it sends a message to potential signings No footballer wants to hear their cub say they are happy to just be somewhere which is effectively what consolidation means. .

How does that make KP feel when he is talking to his new mates on international duty? Aiming for Europe and whatnot.

It just sends such a poor message imo, to an ambitious footballer its a dreadful thing to say publicly.

Whilst i do agree that hopefully we can get atleast a really good fee for Raph (anything below £70mil for me is poor and at his current trajectory even that figure may need to rise by the summer) my faith in the club to use the money well is slim.

Dan James, Rodrigo, Raph, Llorente, Koch, Firpo, of our Prem signings Raph is probably the only true success.
Signed

King Cjay

White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Raphinha- Deco speaks 14/10/21

Post by White Riot »

Raphinha gets his first goals for Brazil :love: :fire:

rondownunder
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by rondownunder »

Depending on their financial situation, I fancy Raph ends up at Barcelona if he keeps setting the PL alight. Very close to Ronaldinho and Deco his agent played at Barca too. No South American wants to live in the North of England compared to the sunshine (and whores) of Barcelona.

Let's just enjoy him while he is with us.
Allrounder
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Allrounder »

White Riot wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 2:48 am Raphinha gets his first goals for Brazil :love: :fire:
https://youtu.be/hAXPJekRP3I
His second goal was pure :fire:. The long and quick run from own half and it helps to have players who understand the game and know when to leave the ball. Had this happend in Leeds, Harrisson or Roberts would have fumbled with the ball and Raphinhas long sprint would have been in vain :P
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Raphinha is the first Leeds United player to score for Brazil in history.
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

Allrounder wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 5:44 am His second goal was pure :fire:. The long and quick run from own half and it helps to have players who understand the game and know when to leave the ball. Had this happend in Leeds, Harrisson or Roberts would have fumbled with the ball and Raphinhas long sprint would have been in vain :P
I watched the last 30 minutes of it live, plus these highlights. Gotta say Brazil are levels above Uruguay and just mauled them.

The focal point of Brazil's attack is always Neymar and they're all technically great, but the best of them are Raphinha and Neymar have amazing vision. Antony also looks a heck of a talent.

Brazil are absolute dynamite in the final third.

Next summer Raphinha's gonna be shining on the biggest stage at the World Cup and I expect that'll be his swansong as a Leeds player. No way will the big teams leave him with us, plus his agent's already talking up a move.

With the dire financial situation on the continent we may have to stomach him moving to one of our top four clubs, and I think he's most likely to go to Chelsea, or Citeh, or maybe even Newcastle if they start throwing the Dosh around.

Yes, we can still enjoy his skills, but that for me is already tinged with sadness as his time in a Leeds shirt is gonna be very limited :cry:
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

1964white wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 6:47 am Raphinha is the first Leeds United player to score for Brazil in history.
Hopefully not the last one mate 😉
Mountain
First Team
First Team

Post by Mountain »

Ach if he goes he goes. Even Liverpool sold Coutinho and Suarez, Chelsea sold Hazard, Leicester sold a host of players, Raheem Sterling may leave Man City. That's football, Leeds are hardly bigger than those clubs.
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

Cjay wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 3:06 pm Deco said: “Raphinha is happy at Leeds and for sure the time will come to take the biggest leap in his career, to take a step forward. He has three more years of contract, but it is not the contract that defines the length of stay or prevents transfer. Leeds is aware, they will want to make an important sale, and Raphinha will end up growing in his career.”

You can imagine the £ signs whirling behind Deco's eyes as he's spouting this stuff.

He should've stuck to acting on Fantasy Island "Da plane boss, da plane".

Little twat :x